What are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#126 vay

vay
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

Now reading the sequel to alice in wonderland, through the looking glass. I've noticed that the disney adaptation is a fusion of the two stories, both the original and the sequel :p

#127 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

I've got a few books in line, I don't know what one to listen to next, since I just finished All Quiet on the Western Front.

Fifteen Lives of Harry August

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Atlas Shrugged

The Road

#128 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

I've got a few books in line, I don't know what one to listen to next, since I just finished All Quiet on the Western Front.

Fifteen Lives of Harry August

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Atlas Shrugged

The Road

I loved The Road! My copy is so torn up :p 

#129 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I loved The Road! My copy is so torn up :p

I have a feeling that when I get to that book, it will be covered in tears by the end of it.

#130 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

I'm reading A History of Chinese Civilization, and two books on Jungian philosophy, one called The Wisdom of the Dream and another called G.R.S. Mead and the Gnostic Quest. Also a Tale of Two Cities, although that's just to say that I'm making progress on it.

#131 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

I have a feeling that when I get to that book, it will be covered in tears by the end of it.

Mine definitely wasn't. *cough*

#132 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

i'm reading this thread.... has anyone made that joke yet? yes? ok.

i just finished the mammoth book of best british mysteries. it's pretty good.

#133 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

566259.jpg

It's not what you think it is. 

#134 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

The "DC One Million Omnibus". 

Spoiler

Edited by AkihabaraKnight, 07 February 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#135 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Right now I am reading:

p6dnjTQl.jpgWCV73SMl.jpgQZgUcqXl.jpg

#136 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

@Ali weird! I didn't receive the notification for this tag. Favorite Nick Hornby is high praise indeed. I will definitely pick it up the next time I see it. Did you read A Long Way Down? That was my favorite so far.

#137 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

Recently knocked out Brew Like a Monk by Stan Hieronymus.  Next book will likely be American Sour Beers by The Mad Fermentationist (Michael Tonsmeire).

#138 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Way too much fanfic.

But on the published book front?  I'm thinking of picking up the lensmen, I have hard cover editions, one is even still in shrink wrap.  Maybe a Bolo novel or two.

@Nymh

Good choices on the Young Wizards series!  Just be warned the quality degrades after High Wizardry.  And make sure you get the updated version of Wizard Alone because the original is INCREDIBLY offensive.

Edited by DregsandDregs, 15 February 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#139 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Currently reading The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey (no worries, it's not Mariah Carey ;) )

If you're looking for an original look on a zombie apocalypse, particularly through a child's eye, read this. Well-written, concise, and just....it's good. Read it. 

#140 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

I'm absolutely horrific at sticking to one book at s time, so I'm reading three. A Clash of Kings by GRRM, The Stand by Stephen King, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. All massive books that will keep me busy for weeks to come. Loving all of them so far.

#141 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

@Shannon : I read Outlander, it was good, but I didn't fall madly in love with it like I was expecting to- not enough to read on, really. GoT series, however, it took me, like, less than three months to read all the books. Nobody really saw me much during that time...I think they all thought they lost me.

I would LOVE to know what you think of The Stand, it's on my list. I have also heard really great things about The Dome (Stephen King), another one I'm gonna have to get here soon.

Edited by majestictuna, 26 April 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#142 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

I'm on the first book of the Sword of Truth series. 

#143 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

To Kill a Mockingbird (for the first time!) and then planning on re-reading The Catcher in the Rye. After that either Lolita or GoT if I need a break from the classics. 

#144 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Switching back and forth between

Spoiler

Spoiler

and 

Spoiler

Depending on what my mind is craving at the time.

Variety - the spice of life and all that jazz. :)

Edited by Alexiel, 26 April 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#145 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

9781563523304_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg

Edited by talbs, 26 April 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#146 Evangelion

Evangelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

asoiaf fanfics haha >\\\<

#147 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I was going to buy American Sniper but my friend convinced me to get this one instead.

#148 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:02 PM

Moved on to Batman: Knightfall vol 2, The Walking Dead #s 127-140, and Living the Farm Sanctuary Life: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Mindfully, Living Longer, and Feeling Better Every Day by Gene Baur.

#149 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

@Shannon : I read Outlander, it was good, but I didn't fall madly in love with it like I was expecting to- not enough to read on, really. GoT series, however, it took me, like, less than three months to read all the books. Nobody really saw me much during that time...I think they all thought they lost me.

I would LOVE to know what you think of The Stand, it's on my list. I have also heard really great things about The Dome (Stephen King), another one I'm gonna have to get here soon.

Yeah, I'm not really into romance novels so much, so getting through all of Outlander may prove difficult. I like more plot to delve into, but at least there's some interesting Scottish history to read into, no matter how embellished it may be in the book.

GoT is basically my frenemy. I completely adore the stories and characters but holy hell is it a tough read for me. GRRM is so detailed and verbose that I can lose myself in his sentences and have to reread passages multiple times. At least it's worth every reread!

So far The Stand is really captivating. King is so good at weaving stories together and I'm loving the writing techniques he's using to do so. All the little reveals in this book so far have been really entertaining and sometimes I just want to take a few days off of life to just sit and finish it haha. I'll let you know more as I get further in.

To Kill a Mockingbird (for the first time!) and then planning on re-reading The Catcher in the Rye. After that either Lolita or GoT if I need a break from the classics.

Blows my mind that this is your first read of TKAM. Also, is Lolita not a classic? I always felt it was.

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I was going to buy American Sniper but my friend convinced me to get this one instead.

Let me know how you like Unbroken! The film was so powerful and I'd love to read more in depth into Louie's story. Amazing man.

#150 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

Currently, The Buried Giant. Pretty good so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users