• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#151 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

No no, it's not that. The problem is you can't teach a man anything he doesn't already know.

Men learn how to protect themselves from rape once they hit manhood?

<snip for everybody's sanity>

There you go again, googling and pulling out a stat that fits your argument.  :rolleyes:

(Did you know that study was from over 15 years ago?)

#152 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

How does one protect oneself from rape btw? I always figured I'd follow the same advice as it goes for shark attacks.

#153 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

How does one protect oneself from rape btw? I always figured I'd follow the same advice as it goes for shark attacks.

Did you not learn once you hit manhood?! :p

#154 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

There you go again, googling and pulling out a stat that fits your argument.  :rolleyes:

(Did you know that study was from over 15 years ago?)

I'm not going to participate in this discussion if my posts and arguments aren't taken seriously. Sorry that the statistics don't support your view, Dan.

#155 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Did you not learn once you hit manhood?! :p

If I did I wouldn't have had to ask. :p I would actually be interested to know what the official advice is though.

#156 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Congress is not going to amend the bill of rights. Again, too many big groups would be against it, and even some normal people would be against changing the bill of rights. Plus, 3/4 of the states and  2/3 of each part of Congress (House and Senate) would be very, very unlikely to approve that. Same issue with trying to add in another amendment that allows the 2nd to stand, but throws in a bit more restriction. (so you wouldn't have to change the bill of rights).

Exactly! Which is why the concepts of "government" and "law" are the ultimate irony.

With wisdom and discernment. I'm afraid that caution is our only ability to do so - for both sexes. And in most cases this can't even be applied. Ce'st la Humanity. :(

#157 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

I'm not going to participate in this discussion if my posts and arguments aren't taken seriously. Sorry that the statistics don't support your view, Dan.

Your posts and arguments have not been taken seriously since you first replied to me - you cannot say something in one post and then contradict it in the next and then expect a serious reply. 

As I said, you can pull whatever statistics you like out of whatever study you like, but everybody knows that sexual assaults and rape cases are grossly underreported (both both genders, but it is generally accepted that moreso with males).

If I did I wouldn't have had to ask. :p

I can only imagine that it would entail how to handle situations where you are uncomfortable with somebody's advances or how to avoid situations where sexual assaults are known to have occurred.

#158 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

I can only imagine that it would entail how to handle situations where you are uncomfortable with somebody's advances or how to avoid situations where sexual assaults are known to have occurred.

That's not really an issue up here, the women would be more likely to just tell you to fuck off and then glass you in the neck.

#159 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

That's not really an issue up here, the women would be more likely to just tell you to fuck off and then glass you in the neck.

I've met my fair share of northerners, unfortunately you seem to glass us southerners at the first available opportunity.

(I have the scars to prove it)

#160 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Mmm, there's definitely more to it. It's not an issue here thankfully. I'm not up for more self-righteous comments xD

#161 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

I feel safe walking home at night after having a few drinks.

I don't feel safe walking home sober during the day. You don't understand what it's like to be a woman.

I'm not going to participate in this discussion if my posts and arguments aren't taken seriously.

Ooops. Nevermind. That's what it feels like to be a woman.

#162 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Ooops. Nevermind. That's what it feels like to be a woman.

Women's posts and arguments are taken seriously, don't be ridiculous.

#163 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Unless they're man-haters.

#164 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Unless they're man-haters.

Point me to where I've disregarded a female misandrist's post or argument.

The only post or argument I've disregarded is yours, and I was under the impression you were a privileged white male just like me... ;)

#165 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hahaha.
I was born ridiculous. :p It's all I know.

The only post or argument I've disregarded is yours, and I was under the impression you were a privileged white male just like me... ;)

Only the people who repped Bone's post are the man-haters. Not Bone himself.

#166 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Hahaha.
I was born ridiculous. :p It's all I know.

I was hoping you'd point out the irony of me then calling your post ridiculous :p

#167 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I was hoping you'd point out the irony of me then calling your post ridiculous :p

Eating the blame makes things easier for me.

#168 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Guys, c'mon. No cheap shots! :(

#169 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Seriously, it doesn't matter. Do you know how easier it is to make a bomb or chemical nerve agent, like mustard gas? Extremely, probably easier than getting a gun. Guns are just a bit more personal.

If people are serious and determined, they will find a way to kill masses of people, regardless of weaponry access. Firearms access is only a concern for individuals in abusive relationships, not the general public.

Yes, if someone were very, very determined (and intelligent enough not to kill themselves attempting to produce it) they could feasibly produce something like that themselves. You're talking about part of my point. Yes, they can kill people regardless of weapon access. I'm still going to argue that pretty much any idiot can get their hands on a gun and depending on the state, very quickly. For example, in my own state, all you need is a clean(ish) record and to wait five days for a purchase. It is so much more difficult for the average person to kill mass amounts of people without it because most people wouldn't be able to use a bow and arrow adequately nor be able to properly synthesize a chemical agent or bomb. The difference is guns are able to be used impulsively with mass deadly force.

#170 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Guys, c'mon. No cheap shots! :(

That's like an invitation for cheap shots.
Somehow even @Elindoril can get laid, and he doesn't have a BMW or backstage passes to meet Chewbacca. What is wrong with this world?!

#171 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Removed my post because it was extremely biased.

Edited by talbs, 27 May 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#172 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Somehow even @Elindoril can get laid, and he doesn't have a BMW or backstage passes to meet Chewbacca. What is wrong with this world?!

Consider everyone uninvited! O.o

#173 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Or do I?  :ph34r:

#174 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Or do I?  :ph34r:

No, no you don't.

#175 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts