394 replies to this topic

#176 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Or do I?  :ph34r:

Have you started writing your life's story? Don't forget the long chapter about how much you love Pokemon.

#177 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

Have you started writing your life's story? Don't forget the long chapter about how much you love Pokemon.

Should I write how the female Pokemon never pay attention to me? Damn Jynx always going for Mr. Mimes instead!

#178 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Again. No one is saying all men are doing this to women we're saying YES ALL WOMEN HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AT THE HANDS OF MEN. Idk why everyone is so hell bent on taking this personally rather than addressing a clearly systematic issue. 

Also the killer was never actually diagnosed with a mental illness. The only thing he was ever diagnosed with is Aspergers which is not a mental illness.

Edited by Mishelle, 27 May 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#179 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Idk why everyone is so hell bent on taking this personally rather than addressing a clearly systematic issue.

You know why. You should be used to it by now.

#180 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

You know why. You should be used to it by now.

Word. It's sad. 

And for the record I am not a man hater. I love dick. Just not creepy, lusty, sexually assaulty dick. 

Or apologist dick, don't love that dick either. 

#181 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Again. No one is saying all men are doing this to women we're saying YES ALL WOMEN HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AT THE HANDS OF MEN. Idk why everyone is so hell bent on taking this personally rather than addressing a clearly systematic issue. 

Also the killer was never actually diagnosed with a mental illness. The only thing he was ever diagnosed with is Aspergers which is not a mental illness.

I'm interested in posing a question - what exactly do you think the solution to these gender inequalities in society is?

If you had total control over the world, how would you solve the "patriarchy" problem?

#182 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

I'm interested in posing a question - what exactly do you think the solution to these gender inequalities in society is?

If you had total control over the world, how would you solve the "patriarchy" problem?

Stop saying that women are equal and actually start treating them equal in terms of policy and representation. 

Stop making excuses whenever we bring up concerns that effect us and deal with the issue (goes for all minority groups)

Stop making women out to be walking reproductive organs and reducing us to our genitalia. 

Stop the stigma around sex and sex education and give kids the fact about sex, consent, and how sexual relationships effect people. 

Actually enforce the separation of church and state and get rid of religions influence in our school and our politics (mostly pointing at America here, Christianity invading our personal lives is becoming a huge problem) 

#183 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

I don't feel safe walking home sober during the day. You don't understand what it's like to be a woman.

I don't feel safe walking around at work, is this male domination?

Again. No one is saying all men are doing this to women we're saying YES ALL WOMEN HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AT THE HANDS OF MEN

No they haven't.

#184 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

That's probably largely to do with you working in London and being surrounded by criminals half the time. xD

#185 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

That's probably largely to do with you working in London and being surrounded by criminals half the time. xD

But they're mainly male, but I'm male? Shouldn't the patriarchy dictate that we should team up against women? 

#186 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

No they haven't.

Yeah lets just ignore the millions of women who have been telling their stories for days because you say so. 

#187 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Yeah lets just ignore the millions of women who have been telling their stories for days because you say so. 

He's not saying it's not happening at all and to ignore all those tweets, he's saying that not all women have had it happen to them. Just like how it's not all men.

#188 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

But they're mainly male, but I'm male? Shouldn't the patriarchy dictate that we should team up against women? 

Yes. You're a priviliged cis-het white shitlord, so your quota for the day is five (5) oppressions.

He's not saying it's not happening at all and to ignore all those tweets, he's saying that not all women have had it happen to them. Just like how it's not all men.

But people on twitter say so.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that people lie on the internet? Absurd.

#189 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

But people on twitter say so.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that people lie on the internet? Absurd.

I'm really starting to think life is just very different in the UK. That quote in the Time article about regularly finding girls who had been roofie'd and left passed out...can you imagine that just being an accepted way of life at a university here? There would be outrage and people calling for someone's head. I've spent basically my whole life feeling respected and cherished by the men I know, have never thought that anyone felt entitled to my body, I've never felt scared just for being a woman, I work for equal pay in equal conditions.......it's not entirely equal ops because yeah, I have on occasion probably benefited from being a woman but I really just can't think of occasions where I've really suffered or been put down or felt victimised or scared by a man, because I'm a woman.

#190 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

I'm really starting to think life is just very different in the UK. That quote in the Time article about regularly finding girls who had been roofie'd and left passed out...can you imagine that just being an accepted way of life at a university here? There would be outrage and people calling for someone's head. I've spent basically my whole life feeling respected and cherished by the men I know, have never thought that anyone felt entitled to my body, I've never felt scared just for being a woman, I work for equal pay in equal conditions.......it's not entirely equal ops because yeah, I have on occasion probably benefited from being a woman but I really just can't think of occasions where I've suffered or been put down or felt victimised or scared by a man, because I'm a woman.

It's definitely a cultural thing. Have you seen some of the things which happen in Egypt? I remember seeing a news article about a blonde woman walking through a university campus and she gets horribly harassed by a massive crowd of men (must have been 50+ from what I recall) just because she's blonde and doesn't have her hair covered...

Found it:

#191 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

I just wanted to throw out there that I only ever walk down the street to my dad's and to the post office. I would never walk any further than that without another adult with me, or even walk that far if I thought my dad wasn't home. The only reason I still skygaze at night is because if I could die watching the stars, I'd die happy.

#192 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

It's definitely a cultural thing. Have you seen some of the things which happen in Egypt? I remember seeing a news article about a blonde woman walking through a university campus and she gets horribly harassed by a massive crowd of men (must have been 50+ from what I recall) just because she's blonde and doesn't have her hair covered...

School trip to Italy when I was in 6th form and one of the girls was properly Aryan, naturally almost white blonde, very pale. We had boys on vespas chasing after the coach when they saw her. :p

#193 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Maybe she had a nice arse as well? You'll never know.

#194 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

School trip to Italy when I was in 6th form and one of the girls was properly Aryan, naturally almost white blonde, very pale. We had boys on vespas chasing after the coach when they saw her. :p

Yeah...I've definitely never seen anything like that happen here so I'm pretty sure we can whitelist most of the UK. :rolleyes: I just can't even comprehend how hair colour make any difference at all but apparently some cultures go crazy over it...

#195 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yeah...I've definitely never seen anything like that happen here so I'm pretty sure we can whitelist most of the UK. :rolleyes: I just can't even comprehend how hair colour make any difference at all but apparently some cultures go crazy over it...

I almost got abducted at 3 years old when I had bright blonde hair in Turkey. Apparently it's a major rarity.

#196 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

I almost got abducted at 3 years old when I had bright blonde hair in Turkey. Apparently it's a major rarity.

Yeah, it's quite a common story I think (maybe not as far as abduction!) but quite a lot of western European children are fawned over because our colouring is so radically different from the norm over there. Even just in Spain and Greece, my mum used to get a lot of comments about how blonde and pale I was - mostly from elderly women mind, but I was different enough to draw attention.

My friend's younger brother attempted to sell her for camels in Turkey.

#197 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Are you sure you didn't just have a nice arse? :rolleyes:

#198 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Are you sure you didn't just have a nice arse? :rolleyes:

Are you saying 3 year olds have the capiability to have nice arses? That's pretty peadophillic. 

#199 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

Are you saying 3 year olds have the capiability to have nice arses? That's pretty peadophillic. 

It was a facetious reference to your previous statement. ;)

#200 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Was my sarcasm not witty enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users