Quantcast

Photo

Jojo's bizarre adventure - fabulous, action and wackiness all in one package!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

the-jojo-poses.jpg

Yep, basically all you need to know about this series, discuss -

wait ok i'm just kidding. Taken from wiki

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated byHirohiko Araki. It was originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1986 to 2004, before being transferred to the monthly seinenmagazine Ultra Jump in 2005. The current story arc, JoJolion, started in 2011. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is currently Shueisha's second largest manga series with 111 tankōbon volumes and counting (only Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo, with over 180, has more).

So what's in store in this comic? I'm not into gay looking stuff, trust m-

OK, there's a lot to talk about. Basically jojo is a series where there's a jojo in each 'arc', where there will be a different setting and totally different plot from before. It's like stories being put together as a whole package of jojo's bizarre adventure. This is really good, since it means there's always something for everyone. Be it monster of the week, adventures, interesting characters, slice of life (yes seriously), you can choose your arc and enjoy it. 

Also everyone's frigging fabulous in it. FABULOUSSSS

What's the basic gist of the story.

Ok, it's a really really long one. I'll try to condense it.

In 1890, jonathan joestar comes across dio brando, who is accepted into the household as part of jonathan's gratitude to dio's dad. Dio makes jonathan's life a wreck till he tries to kill jonathan's dad in order to get the family fortunes, but as fate has it... somehow dio comes across an artifact which causes him to become a vampire. So jonathan goes on to study sun magic  hamon, the technique of the sun in order to finish him for once and for all.

Of course, that's not the end of it. The animosity between both families serve as a flashpoint till part 7 (steel ball run) happens. 

Ok enough babbling where should i start?

I suggest at the beginning (yup). Dio and jonathan's battle has an impact all the way till part 7, and there will be things that you won't get if you start at some random part. Even starting at steel ball run will mean that you lose out on the cool little references. But if you're really not keen, then why not start at the anime? Yep, jojo just had an anime starting from part 1 (phantom blood) all till part 3 (stardust crusaders) and it's a really well-done adaption. I really recommend it if manga reading isn't your thing.

Now go out there and discuss poses/best jojo/best arc/anything and all about jojo!

P.S.

tumblr_n6gyg2fYMO1qdg225o5_500.gif

#2 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

3vuq0BO.jpg

You know I was watching this a while ago at an old friend's house, but I can't remember what episode we were on and watching anime takes effort :p Maybe one day I'll get back into it lmao

#3 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

3vuq0BO.jpg

You know I was watching this a while ago at an old friend's house, but I can't remember what episode we were on and watching anime takes effort :p Maybe one day I'll get back into it lmao

Yes dio's always there first, what an asshole (and the key reason why i love him so much)

Were you watching the stardust crusaders or phantom blood? I'm guessing the former given the dio pic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users