Dust to lust.

#277 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

TIL (okay technically YIL)...

That there's more than just tomato ketchup.

That originally it was made out of fish sauce of sorts in 17th century China (once again, thank you China), and there's also a banana ketchup (not sure how I feel about this)... and also mushroom ketchup (thank you UK).

#278 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Toshiba used some special screws to cover my hard drive so that I had to break the cover in order to replace the hard drive.

Edited by jinq, 05 May 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#279 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

TIL (okay technically YIL)...

That there's more than just tomato ketchup.

That originally it was made out of fish sauce of sorts in 17th century China (once again, thank you China), and there's also a banana ketchup (not sure how I feel about this)... and also mushroom ketchup (thank you UK).

there's also onion ketchup.  BANANA KETCHUP sounds loathsome though.

#280 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

did you know that a vaccinated mother breastfeeding their child right after the child is vaxxed makes the vaccination less effective in the child?

#281 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

did you know that a vaccinated mother breastfeeding their child right after the child is vaxxed makes the vaccination less effective?

Guess I better hold off on the breastfeeding...

#282 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

TIL what a ramen pizza is. Not going to lie, it's gross.

#283 CapSkylark

CapSkylark
  • 10 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

TIL Jones soda is awesome and has a cool message on the inside of the cap.

#284 Banshee

Banshee
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

TIL that you can actually touch baby birds without their mothers rejecting them, contrary to the myth that you can't.

#285 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

TIL what is gaslighting and I felt it needs to be shared. Basically you need to check this out if you suspect that somebody is messing with you to make you doubt your mental health.

#286 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

did you know that a vaccinated mother breastfeeding their child right after the child is vaxxed makes the vaccination less effective in the child?

Did you know that breastfeeding for 2yrs (doesn't have to be consecutive) reduces the likelihood of you getting breast cancer, and if you breastfeed a girl, you reduce her chances as well.

Also...

Breast-milk is full of stem cells.

And...

Did you know that when you're pregnant, your body releases a hormone that causes your ligaments to loosen. This enables your hips to widen for the birth of the baby. What's REALLY interesting about this, is that when a pregnant woman squats, her hips expand up to TWO whole inches.

Squatting= good for pooping, good for delivering baby.

Who knew?! ;)

#287 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

Did you know that breastfeeding for 2yrs (doesn't have to be consecutive) reduces the likelihood of you getting breast cancer, and if you breastfeed a girl, you reduce her chances as well.

Also...

And...

Did you know that when you're pregnant, your body releases a hormone that causes your ligaments to loosen. This enables your hips to widen for the birth of the baby. What's REALLY interesting about this, is that when a pregnant woman squats, her hips expand up to TWO whole inches.

Who knew?! ;)

Well in that case. I've been practicing popping out a kid for a good amount of time! That is very interesting! My body is ready! 

#288 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

Also...

And...

Who knew?! ;)

I wish I lactated Dr Pepper when I wasn't lactating milk.

#289 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:35 AM

Today I learned apparently not everyone associates numbers with colours in their head, and that it's officially some kind of "condition" :0

#290 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:56 AM

TIL that Australians call Rice Crispies "Rice Bubbles". Also, they do not refrigerate their eggs in the store. 

@Strategist

#291 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

TIL that Australians call Rice Crispies "Rice Bubbles". Also, they do not refrigerate their eggs in the store. 

@Strategist

apparently the egg thing is pretty much world wide and it's mostly a common pracrice in north america. I read about this not long ago and was flabbergasted. 

#292 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

apparently the egg thing is pretty much world wide and it's mostly a common pracrice in north america. I read about this not long ago and was flabbergasted. 

@Strategist

How do they not go bad? e.e 

#293 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:06 AM

How do they not go bad? e.e 

it's something about the way they are processed - i'll see if I can find a link.

http://www.latimes.c...0714-story.html

#294 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:06 AM

it's something about the way they are processed - i'll see if I can find a link.

I wouldn't trust a room temperature egg. 

#295 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:09 AM

I wouldn't trust a room temperature egg. 

the whole thing is that eggs DON'T have to be refrigerated, it's basically just to stop the formation of salmonella which can grow faster at room temps.

Read that article :p

#296 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

the whole thing is that eggs DON'T have to be refrigerated, it's basically just to stop the formation of salmonella which can grow faster at room temps.

Read that article :p

I know. I'm just saying I wouldn't trust a room temperature egg no matter what. 

#297 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

I know. I'm just saying I wouldn't trust a room temperature egg no matter what. 

There's nothing like a fresh warm egg right after it's come outta a hens butt (or vagina, idk where babies come from).

that last part was sarcasm, i know where they come from.

#298 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

There's nothing like a fresh warm egg right after it's come outta a hens butt (or vagina, idk where babies come from).

that last part was sarcasm, i know where they come from.

TIL that Rocket doesn't know where babies come from. 

#299 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

TIL that Rocket doesn't know where babies come from. 

It's unfortunate - who is gonna have a baby soon? @Prisca can you show me?

#300 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

It's unfortunate - who is gonna have a baby soon? @Prisca can you show me?

118djlu.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #til, til, learn, hello

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users