Quantcast

Photo

Decide my Life: Ethnic Food Edition

merica jk not merica foods accidental racist sexism all the isms

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Ethnic Food (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What Should I Focus On?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

that's so broad.

I say spanish foods like paella :D

This guy is pretty much a doctor, you should do what he says.

#27 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

India's in Asia, ya know

Shut up. India's its own beast.

#28 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

Funnily enough in the UK when someone mentions asian we think Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani etc, whilst in the US it's more Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese etc

With Indian food you can't go too wrong, if you stick away from some of the more calorific sauces, you're left with tender chicken/meat, rice and spices. It's a very hard set of dishes to master, but God damn it's tasty.

#29 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'd definitely go with Indian. It would be pretty awesome if you could make homemade butterchicken!

#30 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

I had a great Indian? (Middle eastern? @Pyro699 help me)thing over the summer, if someone could tell me the name if it, that'd be great. I want to make it. It was like fried potato chunks with a barely-there sweet sauce and minced garlic stuck to it.

#31 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Shawarma - I think, though that was more of a wrap... Did we eat it at my place, or was it delivery? The only think I can think of that had potato chunks with garlic is a variation of poutine, but i think we only had that once.

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

Shawarma/kebab is Middle eastern/Turkish, not Indian :p

#33 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

Shawarma - I think, though that was more of a wrap... Did we eat it at my place, or was it delivery? The only think I can think of that had potato chunks with garlic is a variation of poutine, but i think we only had that once.

Neither, wrong gf :p can you go ask the poutine guy what it was?

#34 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

I had a great Indian? (Middle eastern? @Pyro699 help me)thing over the summer, if someone could tell me the name if it, that'd be great. I want to make it. It was like fried potato chunks with a barely-there sweet sauce and minced garlic stuck to it.

Unsure what that is, but it sounds quite good. Post pics if you end up making anything!!

#35 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Unsure what that is, but it sounds quite good. Post pics if you end up making anything!!

It was literally the best thing I ate in Canada and I have no idea what it was. It was a free sample at a Poutine place.

And ofc I'll post pictures. I just have to get home to make things first.

#36 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

LOOKS LIKE KOREAN WON!

I'M STARTING OFF 2015 WITH THIS TRADITIONAL KOREAN DRINK: FILTERED WATER.

Cause I'm starting 2015 sick, fuck yeah.

#37 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Vietnamese! pho specifically. Tastes so fresh. My husband makes it, I promise its not intimidating, once you've made it once you will want it all the time. :) Hell just soups from all over. Like borscht. I need more borscht in my life. 

Indian is great too. will expand later brb

edit: okay. Back to Indian. When we moved up north we nolonger had access to our favorite restaurants. Learning to make butterchicken, pakoras (like a savory fritter) and roti at home changed my life. 

Edited by 0ryx, 04 January 2015 - 05:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, jk not merica, foods, accidental racist, sexism, all the isms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users