• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

There's definitely something more going on if the kid can walk into the store, completely destroy it and his parents are no where to be found. His parents are going to get charges too, he's way too young to be out there by himself.

Also the camera man said he already tried to grab the kid in the video he must've gotten away.

#52 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

And people have the right to scold someone for videoing things. It's the principle of it and is basic philosophy & logic. Bystander effect is real.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I think the videographer mentions that he personally tried to stop the kid near the beginning of the video. Other than that, I don't think the bystander effect applies here. People thought it was funny, not outright dangerous. I mean nothing in there costs more than a dollar, right? This isn't quite analogous to people ignoring a woman yelling rape.

lol come on man, you can't say everyone should be ashamed of themselves for not finding out the real context. It's a 3 minute video of a kid fucking up a shop, of course we're gonna call him a little shit, just like if it was anyone else fucking that shop up instead.

And yep a bunch of idiots we are for judging the kid on the evidence we do have, rather than speculation. I see your point tho and you can defend the kid all you want, but at the end of the day it's a video intended for wshh for people to laugh at, then jump to the next video of some crackhead going skitz in the street. You'll be swimming upstream with that one :p

No Dazz, I don't think everyone should be ashamed for not doing extensive research into the full context of this incident. But if you (not you personally) are going to claim that this kid should have been punished more as a child, I think that deserves some sort of explanation or backing statement. THAT deserves some investigation; notice I didn't say anything about the people posting "LOL he crazy" or "what a shitbird," just the people making unsubstantiated claims about the character of the kid and the people around him.

When people try to take a funny video and make a political statement (I am aware of the irony of me doing this very thing) to the tune of "corporal punishment would have solved this" they aren't participating in the jovial atmosphere, they are showing their ignorance. That's not funny, that's stupid. Quite literally.

I can cite numerous studies and statistics that support the idea that students without corporal punishment in their young lives lead significantly more prosperous lives than students who are subjected to corporal punishment. The two articles that come to mind were both from The Economist.

Wow, it's almost like poor people have their own language..

Wow, it's almost like the English have a superiority complex.

Or is it just the London Metro police?

#53 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

Maybe we're just more educated.

Hahaha "maybe", of course we are.

#54 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I think the videographer mentions that he personally tried to stop the kid near the beginning of the video. Other than that, I don't think the bystander effect applies here. People thought it was funny, not outright dangerous. I mean nothing in there costs more than a dollar, right? This isn't quite analogous to people ignoring a woman yelling rape. No Dazz, I don't think everyone should be ashamed for not doing extensive research into the full context of this incident. But if you (not you personally) are going to claim that this kid should have been punished more as a child, I think that deserves some sort of explanation or backing statement. THAT deserves some investigation; notice I didn't say anything about the people posting "LOL he crazy" or "what a shitbird," just the people making unsubstantiated claims about the character of the kid and the people around him.When people try to take a funny video and make a political statement (I am aware of the irony of me doing this very thing) to the tune of "corporal punishment would have solved this" they aren't participating in the jovial atmosphere, they are showing their ignorance. That's not funny, that's stupid. Quite literally.I can cite numerous studies and statistics that support the idea that students without corporal punishment in their young lives lead significantly more prosperous lives than students who are subjected to corporal punishment. The two articles that come to mind were both from The Economist. 

Agreed. I've see kids misbehave but nothing ever to that extent. Even the guy who caught him was under the impression that something happened to him to make him act like that.

Wow, it's almost like the English have a superiority complex.Or is it just the London Metro police?

I think it's just an ugly person thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users