• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#51 ohyoufancy

ohyoufancy
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

I watched Big Hero 6 with my kids last night

It was actually super funny and adorable.

Great story and was overall a great movie.

Big-Hero-6-Movie-Reviews1.jpg

#52 WhimsicalOakTree

WhimsicalOakTree
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

The last movie I've seen is the new The Avengers. Enjoyable, kinda what's expected from a superhero movie.

#53 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:42 AM

Ex Machina - I actually really liked the ending because it wasn't just another happily-ever-after shitty gagger.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Incredible! Loved the whole cast. The back story also really interested me and now I want to go watch the others. 

#54 pikapi314

pikapi314
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

I watched the film version of the musical Little Shop of Horrors last week. 

It was pretty good, not the greatest musical ever, but it was fairly enjoyable. 

#55 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

never saw Les miserables, but today i saw it and im singing all day i dreamed a dream

#56 crazybus

crazybus
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

Is this only about recent movies? Because I'd like to take the time to recommend Young Adult anyway. The characterization is amazing.

#57 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:02 AM

I am Eli Roth after watching Gangs of New York for the twentieth time yesterday. Also this caption is relevant bc fuck Woody Allen always

2RmHXjt.png?1

#58 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:44 AM

Mad Max. I didn't think it had much of a plot, but enough people died to make up for it. Awesome film.

#59 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

The Taking of Deborah Logan, I expected it to be another shitty mocumentary type film and it ended up being pretty damn good. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good scary movie!

#60 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

Mad Max. I didn't think it had much of a plot, but enough people died to make up for it. Awesome film.

I keep reading its rave reviews! But I'm not a gritty action film. Do recommend? Also.. I hear it is feminist anthem, which I would love to see  :wub:

#61 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, it does have a very strong feminist theme, but it's not too anvilicious. It is gritty, but it's a fun gritty and Tom Hardy is brilliant (I love him forever anyway but he is especially good in this). Watch it.

The Taking of Deborah Logan, I expected it to be another shitty mocumentary type film and it ended up being pretty damn good. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good scary movie!

This film was quite the surprise. I'd finished watching all the decent horror films on Netflix, saw this, and decided to watch it. It was surprisingly good.

#62 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

This film was quite the surprise. I'd finished watching all the decent horror films on Netflix, saw this, and decided to watch it. It was surprisingly good.

Right? I had overlooked it a few times, expecting everything it wasn't! 

(FOLKS, if you haven't seen this, avoid the spoiler.)

Spoiler

If its still on there, The Houses October Built is another mocumentary type film. I usually shy away from them, they tend to be really drawn out in the beginning to lead to few cheap jump scares and leave you wanting more. This one actually had a decent story line and didn't over do it with the 'jump scare' moments and just let it play itself out. It was more disturbing because its one of those 'it could happen to anyone' type movies. It was worth the watch. :)

Edited by Tsubaki, 02 June 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#63 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

Right? I had overlooked it a few times, expecting everything it wasn't! 

(FOLKS, if you haven't seen this, avoid the spoiler.)

Spoiler

If its still on there, The Houses October Built is another mocumentary type film. I usually shy away from them, they tend to be really drawn out in the beginning to lead to few cheap jump scares and leave you wanting more. This one actually had a decent story line and didn't over do it with the 'jump scare' moments and just let it play itself out. It was more disturbing because its one of those 'it could happen to anyone' type movies. It was worth the watch. :)

I've seen the first few scenes, but I couldn't quite get into it. I've left it to come back to it. It does look like it could be quite fun though. The first scene was...intriguing. I watched Devil's Backbone, Texas a few weeks ago and while it's not especially great, it's not totally awful either. The main character is a prick and I'm leaving it at that.

If you've not seen it yet, watch Excision. I don't know what I was expecting, but it's definitely not what I watched. At the end, I was like 'what the fuck did I just watch?' AnnaLynn McCord is decent in it. 

#64 Tsubaki

Tsubaki
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

I've seen the first few scenes, but I couldn't quite get into it. I've left it to come back to it. It does look like it could be quite fun though. The first scene was...intriguing. I watched Devil's Backbone, Texas a few weeks ago and while it's not especially great, it's not totally awful either. The main character is a prick and I'm leaving it at that.

If you've not seen it yet, watch Excision. I don't know what I was expecting, but it's definitely not what I watched. At the end, I was like 'what the fuck did I just watch?' AnnaLynn McCord is decent in it. 

Its a little boring to start, give it a chance one day though if you can get through it! Its got a good ending!

Try The Machinist with Christian Bale if its still there, I think you might like that one! Its not scary, but more or less creepy and kind of out there. I was sucked in and couldn't stop watching it.

Excision was NUTS. My boyfriend and I sat down to watch it and we were EXACTLY the same at the end! I was so confused but you can't stop watching it. She's just the right kind of fucked in the head that you just can't look away. Its one of the most underrated movies on there!

#65 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

Its a little boring to start, give it a chance one day though if you can get through it! Its got a good ending!

Try The Machinist with Christian Bale if its still there, I think you might like that one! Its not scary, but more or less creepy and kind of out there. I was sucked in and couldn't stop watching it.

Excision was NUTS. My boyfriend and I sat down to watch it and we were EXACTLY the same at the end! I was so confused but you can't stop watching it. She's just the right kind of fucked in the head that you just can't look away. Its one of the most underrated movies on there!

I will check out The Machinist. American Mary is another, a last-resort film that I was kicking myself for not watching earlier. Decent storyline, and a perfect ending.

#66 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

This Mad Max ... awful! It looks like those video games my friends play... was it, Borderlands? I'm sorry I don't think I can finish watching D: It's not fun at all it's really gross and disturbing! It has the cartoony machines. That must be everyone's fun part. It has sexism, I feel a sadness, I hope to see a good movie

#67 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

Best comedy I've seen in a while :D I laughed my ass off

#68 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

I'm jumping on the Mad Max bandwagon. It was amazing. Some parts hilarious, even unintended.

#69 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

I'm jumping on the Mad Max bandwagon. It was amazing. Some parts hilarious, even unintended.

You're talking about this guy, right?

U7QqZms.gif

#70 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

Guardians of the galaxy ! love it :D 

now im watching Into the woods, a friend told me its good

#71 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

You're talking about this guy, right?

U7QqZms.gif

And Captain Nipples, and the stilts people.

My fav thing about guitar guy and drum guys is their beat does not match at all. The movie had real exploding cars, but fake drums.

#72 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

And Captain Nipples, and the stilts people.

My fav thing about guitar guy and drum guys is their beat does not match at all. The movie had real exploding cars, but fake drums.

Actually the drums were real haha. That whole sound system is fully functioning. I guess they didnt sync the footage up properly to the music, though. ALSO LOL CAPTAIN NIPPLES. I was so scared one of his piercings would be yanked out and we'd have to see it

#73 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Actually the drums were real haha. That whole sound system is fully functioning. I guess they didnt sync the footage up properly to the music, though. ALSO LOL CAPTAIN NIPPLES. I was so scared one of his piercings would be yanked out and we'd have to see it

It seemed to me like the music playing was a recording and not linked to the players. But I am no expert.

Captain Nipples's feet, though. Talk about diabetes feet.

#74 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

OK I was redeemed by the Big Hero 6 it was cute movie. (I saw today) Well, the first half. I miss Disney. They were a good studio one time! Mad Max is...a music video? A commercial?

Edited by everlander, 02 June 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#75 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

OK I was redeemed by the Big Hero 6 it was cute movie. (I saw today) Well, the first half. I miss Disney. They were a good studio one time! Mad Max is...a music video? A commercial?

It's about the power of nipple clamps and a guitar versus the power of justice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users