Unfrozen after almost 10 years

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

After some activity here at Codex, I submitted a frozen a ticket after reading a thread regarding a change in Neopets ownership.  To my surprise, today I found myself unfrozen!  I received a response within one day of submitting the ticket and after some back and forth they decided on unfreezing my account.  Coming up on 10 years since it's been frozen.

Great nostalgia!  If you're reading this and you have an old frozen account that hasn't been purged, go for it!! Submit a ticket.  To verify your account is still in the database you can check /~pet pages and user/pet lookup pages.  Good luck, any questions with sensitive information feel free to email me

#2 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

Wow! Congrats!

#3 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Awesome! I'm going to give it a try! Congratulations!

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Wow, 10 years!! That's wonderful! Congrats! I can't imagine waiting that long.

#5 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Wowza. I'm surprised they still had your account and didn't purge it LOL. Congrats! 

#6 Checklist

Checklist
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

That's very fortunate, it's always nice to get something back that you thought would be impossible.

#7 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Wow, 10 years!! That's wonderful! Congrats! I can't imagine waiting that long.

Thanks.

Hahahaha it's probably been so long that they don't even remember why they froze you :p

You'd think so, but they did.  The message displayed when logging in was the same as it was when the account was initially frozen.  

Wowza. I'm surprised they still had your account and didn't purge it LOL. Congrats!

I heard about them doing that.  Or at least using it as an excuse to not unfreeze accounts. Funny thing is I tried getting this account back in 2009 and Neopets told me it had been removed from their system  :rolleyes: Thanks!

That's very fortunate, it's always nice to get something back that you thought would be impossible.

You described it perfectly, it's a beautiful feeling.

Awesome! I'm going to give it a try! Congratulations!

Thanks. Good luck, PM me if you have any questions.

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

dayyum you must have some uc pets in there... congrats!

#9 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Wow, I'm going to see if I can unfreeze my account from 4-5 years ago.

#10 Spike

Spike
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

How long it took before they got back to your ticket/email?

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

How long it took before they got back to your ticket/email?

I received a response within one day of submitting the ticket and after some back and forth they decided on unfreezing my account

#12 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

What did you say in your ticket? Did they mention the reason you were frozen, did you have to contest anything?

#13 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

How does one even submit a ticket on Neo? I'm intrigued now, and would like to try my luck at reclaiming a few billion NPs.

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

How does one even submit a ticket on Neo? I'm intrigued now, and would like to try my luck at reclaiming a few billion NPs.

Click "contact us" at the bottom of the page, and then click "submit a ticket". You'll need to have 3rd party cookies enabled to get to the "submit a ticket" page. 

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

so what was the reason you were initally frozen for?

#16 Spike

Spike
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

I tried all morning to load the help page but it doesn't load properly. :( I always get "Help seems to be unavailable right now. Please check back later.".

A few time, I was able to see Submit a ticket but got an error when I clicked on it. I sent an email to them and hopefuly it will work! :D

#17 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

I tried all morning to load the help page but it doesn't load properly. :( I always get "Help seems to be unavailable right now. Please check back later.".

A few time, I was able to see Submit a ticket but got an error when I clicked on it. I sent an email to them and hopefuly it will work! :D

keep trying, i logged out and cleared my cache and tried again and was able to submit a ticket.

#18 Spike

Spike
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

Am I missing something? I do not see any submit button.

X7deMrq.png

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Am I missing something? I do not see any submit button.

X7deMrq.png

that's odd... it should be at the very bottom of the screen, there will be another box asking how you want to receive notifications.

edit: you have to fill in the required fields before the submit box will come up.. i just tested it @Spike

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

I just checked, I don't have a submit button either. I thought it might be because there was nothing typed in, but I typed stuff in and that didn't work. 

Maybe try just hitting enter after you're done? Just make sure your cursor isn't in a text box first.

#21 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

I just checked, I don't have a submit button either. I thought it might be because there was nothing typed in, but I typed stuff in and that didn't work. 

Maybe try just hitting enter after you're done? Just make sure your cursor isn't in a text box first.

did you put words in all the "required" boxes, the ones with asterixes by them? because that worked for me.

#22 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

did you put words in all the "required" boxes, the ones with asterixes by them? because that worked for me.

That did it. I'm not submitting anything though, I just wanted to check if it was actually broken.

Alright, so everything has to be filled before you can submit a ticket. Problem Solved.

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

That did it. I'm not submitting anything though, I just wanted to check if it was actually broken.

Alright, so everything has to be filled before you can submit a ticket. Problem Solved.

that's what I did too, just testing it, never noticed before.

Guess it's in place so people dont submit blank tickets.

#24 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Do you think I can get my account back if I don't remember the birthdate? I put what I thought it was, but could be wrong.

#25 SashaVon

SashaVon
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

Congrats! Unfortunately my very, very first account has long since been purged, but that's pretty awesome news to read regardless!  

Edited by SashaVon, 22 February 2015 - 10:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users