If Neo goes down, Neocodex goes down with it

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

Those moves can keep Codex up indefinitely, then. 

They just about cover my fines for indecent exposure. :/

#52 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Can't you just use your hips to get out of those legal/police situations? 

#53 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

Neofreaks has a dancing badger too  :whistling:

Are they still around then? Freaky was initially how I found that video. Well, him or his fervent followers.

#54 ausername

ausername
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

I know a lot of people are acting like they won't care if Neopets shuts down...

I am just saying, if it legit just up and disappears, like the site is gone, my pets are gone....

I come on one day and the domain is something else or there is a 404 error...

I will cry.

Like straight up, ugly red face sob...

Growing up without any kind of stability in my life in a broken home, I didn't have a lot of friends.
I used to chat (against the rules) on the yahoo games chat and someone from New Zealand, who went by Raven sent me a referral link.
I clung on to this site when I was 11 years old. Every time I could internet anywhere, I was online on Neopets.

It was my escape through a lot of really bad times. I could come on there and be funny and rich and have friends.

I played consistently all the way into high school... 
When I cracked my spine in a few later, I came back and it always has been my escape... 

It is more symbolic to me now than it is about the actual game.

I have had my same pet for 13 years... I haven't had anything in my life that long.

This might be super pathetic being as I am a grown ass woman, and a cop...

Reading about the lay offs, seeing the sellout, the lag, the glitches...

It really is upsetting to me. It's my vent - it is my don't throat punch people because life isn't that serious escape...

Thanks for reading my whiny post...

I think I should get the melodramatic award. Can someone make it?

:p

But really, all humor aside, I will mourn the site if it closes down.

#55 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

I hope so because where would we go to see dancing badgers? :/

YouTube!

#56 ausername

ausername
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

http://valuemywebsite.net/neopets.com

Can we just raise about $420k through crowd funding and buy it?

Come on guys...

#57 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Come on guys...

I'm a high school student without a job who needs money for college and video games. I'm broke.

#58 ausername

ausername
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

I would like to think my business management courses are right when they say and effective company take over takes about 12 months with new management.

It is normal to see mass layoffs during transition...

It is about six months in and we are seeing them come out with the app, which shows they have some  what of a vision...

Perhaps they getting ready to really begin working on things.

We got the news of the layoffs but we are like to have see anything regarding "Jumpstart reassigned 25 employees to Neopets Task Force..."

I will really try to be optimistic, but the layoffs kind of make me less optimistic than I would like to be.

#59 becauseIcan

becauseIcan
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

We also have nachos.

I am here for the nachos. What is this neopets thing yall are talking about? :D

Come on guys...

Yes. We could do this. Use kickstarter or another crowd sourced funding website. Let's design some cool items to go with level of contributions. Plus we could "hire" on a few designers, programmers, etc. Hell, I would LOVE to do some design work for Neopets just to do it. :)

#60 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

That's only if JumpStart is willing to sell it to us. And, sadly, I don't think they're going to sell something they just bought. 

#61 becauseIcan

becauseIcan
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

That's only if JumpStart is willing to sell it to us. And, sadly, I don't think they're going to sell something they just bought. 

Very true, but if shite really starts going downhill... It is a thought towards the crowd sourcing... Seriously - Gaia is just not gonna do it for me and my need for digital pets and such. :)

#62 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

Oh my.

I'm a full grown woman too, victim ofvery  shitty things, former military, former cop, wife, mother of three, I would be sad to see Neopets go out for good too, I also made friends there that helped me going through a lot of shitty problems during my teenage and adult years, I lost more accounts that I can count, I got all my dream pets, I spent entire nights in HC from the sun down till sun up one day after another after another after another because I can't sleep and besides who needs sleep when we have friends and Neopets and people helping us on simple things as bumping our topics when we're trying to get FQD lent?

I don't know if I'll cry, but a big part of me will be sad as hell. On the other hand, it seems that a lot of us were expecting this for quite some time. And I still hope we're all wrong and something good comes out of this.

Would that qualify me for an award of some kind?

YouTube!

I like badgers with hips people can actually grab, thank you but no thanks.

#63 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

Sigh, why can't JumpStart just be competent at running a site -.-

#64 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

The issue is our programmers have all grown up and don't have as much time to write programs for a children's game like they did five years ago. Without them there's no substance to reel new users in.

If we're going to thrive after neopets dies we're either going to need to be one kickass community somehow, or dig up some programmers for games that aren't as popular. Flight Rising is the only one, but that game has minimal to do,and also wouldn't bring in as big a crowd with the bigger risk of getting caught cheating.

We have to expand into other games, and become a "Gaming Forum" instead of "Neopets programs for everyone" like the top bar of the forum currently says.

Just to clarify for scaremongering people like ortin, if we had to cut our expenses to the bone (i.e. just the essentials like hosting and domain registration etc) we could keep going for years with no revenue so there's definitely no need to worry.

Is that really how we would want to go out though? How about switching the focus to a hugely popular game and paying a programmer to design programs which are the best on "the scene" and attract a huge portion of that user base? If the finances are in that good of shape, why not take a little risk and try to shift and grow the site, instead of just delaying our demise indefinitely? It seems like with proper administrative direction we wouldn't have a ton to worry about. (I don't mean that as a shot at administration, it just seems like there's no plan at all, and admins are just waiting around to see what happens next and then maybe going from there, or maybe doing nothing)

#65 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

I do see the need for us to expand in other directions. Many of our users come here for neopets. When neopets is gone, or no one plays anymore, why will those users stay? Sure, some find the community great and stay for that, but others may only want to use the programs, so there's no point in them staying if the site that the programs are for is gone. 

How will we retain our users/grow our user base? Will we just become a chat forum?

Plus, with every new person that comes in, if they don't use ad-block, revenue goes up. Sure, we have money, but you could always use more money. 

#66 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

I do see the need for us to expand in other directions. Many of our users come here for neopets. When neopets is gone, or no one plays anymore, why will those users stay? Sure, some find the community great and stay for that, but others may only want to use the programs, so there's no point in them staying if the site that the programs are for is gone. 

How will we retain our users/grow our user base? Will we just become a chat forum?

Plus, with every new person that comes in, if they don't use ad-block, revenue goes up. Sure, we have money, but you could always use more money. 

Ehh, how many people here would stay? I know of some people that'd stay here for like a chat forum of some sort, but I don't think that the ad revenue from those few people would be enough.

#67 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:54 PM

You need to organize your tour to perform at the more liberal countries.

#68 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

Why do you have fines for indecent exposure in the first place

#69 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

Why do you have fines for indecent exposure in the first place

Because he LIKES TO PARTY NAKED!

eb3bc0f400ce0280271bdb6c735837ed29dbf68b

#70 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Because he LIKES TO PARTY NAKED!

eb3bc0f400ce0280271bdb6c735837ed29dbf68b

well then. That might not be socially acceptable XD

#71 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

YouTube!

YOU MADE ME CLICK ON THAT NOW I CAN'T STOP

#72 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

YOU MADE ME CLICK ON THAT NOW I CAN'T STOP

Heh. I've listened to that hoping to get the badger award once...
Made it... think it was three hours before I started getting dizzy and my brain began to ooze out of my ear.

:lol2:

#73 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

Hosting the forums is not a problem because servers aren't that expensive. If anything it's more about keeping the users and new members interested.

Also to answer OP, I doubt it would make a difference to Neopets dying whether we abused the glitches or not.

#74 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

omg, who found that badger video. And why did would anyone ever make that

#75 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:07 AM