• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

Personaly I dont thik this is the end of neo I feel like LW that they have done this for business reasons only.

Why have staff doing something that cant be done by one of your own.

I have been involved in buying of business's through work a lot of usualy in the purchase agreement you will have that existing staff members can not be replaced or asked to leave before a set date.  I would say that Jumpstart had this in their business plan all along and we will just all have to sit back and see what happens in the future.

From a neocodex side this is going to affect the trading economy asking for other on items will be worth a lot less.

#77 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

I don't think too much will change personally. I think they'll just move over all the art, programming, content etc to their existing teams and it'll continue largely as before. I don't know how big their existing offices are but if they're big enough I wouldn't be surprised if they even closed the Neopets office completely and just brought everything in-house rather than having a separate office in a different city.

#78 Nicita

Nicita
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Breaking! JumpStart posted on the Neopets Facebook!

To our Neopets Members and Community:

Unfortunately, a recent restructuring of our resources means a number of respected employees working on Neopets are no longer with the company. JumpStart appreciates each and every one of our employees, and it was a sad day to have to say goodbye to our friends. While it’s disheartening to see team members leaving the company, we are incredibly thankful for everything they have done to create Neopets.com and the passionate community that surrounds the site.

Moving forward, we want to make it absolutely and unequivocally clear that we are committed to Neopets! Neopets is NOT CLOSING in any way. To the contrary, we plan to produce new content, update the site, and dedicate valuable resources towards improving site functionality, including lag and site stability. In fact, the recent launch of Neopets Ghoul Catchers on the iTunes and Facebook platforms confirms our dedication to launching new and exciting content for existing and new Neopets users.

As we move forward and establish new goals for Neopets, we want the community to know that we are fully committed to the success of Neopets. We will work to support, improve and expand Neopets with our best resources and most creative minds. We thank you for your unwavering support of Neopets and we believe you will be as excited about the future as we are.

We wish all of the amazing former Neopets team members the very best life has to offer and we are grateful for their time at Jumpstart.

- David Lord, CEO of JumpStart

https://www.facebook.com/Neopets

Heh, I see it's old news & was already posted in a new topic. Thought I'd keep it restricted to one topic & that's what you get 8D Oh well. Thoughts?

Edited by Nicita, 09 March 2015 - 12:02 PM.

#79 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

That post doesn't mention anything about fixing the glitches/broken stuff on the site

#80 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

That post doesn't mention anything about fixing the glitches/broken stuff on the site

To the contrary, we plan to produce new content, update the site, and dedicate valuable resources towards improving site functionality, including lag and site stability.

That's as close as you're going to get. It's bad PR for JS to publicly acknowledge things are outright "broken" or glitched after just taking over.

#81 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

No news again today. *sigh* That's one of the things I enjoy the most about neo. If they can't figure out how to put the news on the news page, they could at least make a post on TNT's neoboard. Unless of course, they don't have any news at all.

I think Comstar was the one who did the news before. 

#82 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

That's as close as you're going to get. It's bad PR for JS to publicly acknowledge things are outright "broken" or glitched after just taking over.

It just sounds like they're going to stop the lag. Not fix glitched things since they do "work" just not as intended.

#83 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

New plot:

The mysterious news writer has BEEN KIDNAPPED.

BY DR. SLOTH!!!

QUICK WE NEED TO RESCUE THEM OR WE'LL NEVER GETS NEWS AGAIN.

I take tips in $100 denominations.

#84 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

New plot:

BY DR. SLOTH!!!

*slips some Benjamins into your man thong while you work that pole pen*

#85 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

*slips some Benjamins into your man thong while you work that pole pen*

Keep 'em coming. The USD to CAD conversion is steller.

#86 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

New plot:

BY DR. SLOTH!!!

If only we could be this optimistic -.-

#87 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Maybe they are culling the team so they can hire people that can do stuff correctly without a huge mess.

Hopefully this is the case. Hire staff that can rectify an issue. 

#88 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

I really hope they get ride of the people that answer tickets.

#89 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

Why? They are starting to actually answer tickets in a timely fashion, and being more forgiving for frozen accounts.

I know. I personally have gotten my account unfrozen even though I didn't know like half of the stuff and I just BS'ed a lot of it.

#90 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Neopets 2018: Mobile and Facebook apps with micro transactions..... OR NOT! Guess we'll have to wait see.

#91 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:06 AM

Neopets 2018: Mobile and Facebook apps with micro transactions..... OR NOT! Guess we'll have to wait see.

I've never been against microtransactions as long as there's plenty of content and such to do for absolutely free. It's my way of giving back to the game that's brought so many years of enjoyment. I did it with Galaxy Legion on Facebook for the longest time... but once content started getting stale, repetitive, and the only new stuff could only be bought with $$$ that's when I stopped. After playing the game nearly three years straight I've darn near gone inactive on it.
Neo is the same for me.

So long as they're pushing new content, fixing shit, etc. I'll happily buy NC here and there for more than just fortune cookies.

But the second it goes dominantly "buy my shit with your RL $$$" I'm done.

It does sound like things are going to improve soon, and I now feel relief and optimism for the direction they go forward. Even if it takes another year before the gears are well greased enough to run smoothly and swiftly.

Still... it really is quite sad to see some of the "big names" were let go. These members, staff were essentially the face of Neopets for the longest time. Literally, just check out What-A-Staff.

I sincerely wish them all the best.

Edited by LlamaKnight, 10 March 2015 - 12:09 AM.

#92 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

I hope not. Unless the apps have more than enough content without micro transactions

#93 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

Actually, Neopets has had a really good history of not abusing micro transactions. Sure, there is Neocash, but Neopets has always been really careful to make sure that you can't buy your way into progressing the game. The NC is mostly just for customization, and cannot be traded for Neopoints. I had expected much worse when NC was released :p

Indeed, but that was also when they weren't owned by JS.

Microtransactions (read: freemium games) are where everyone else in the market is making a shit ton of money. You bet your ass that JS is moving that direction, and fast.

#94 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

Actually, Neopets has had a really good history of not abusing micro transactions. Sure, there is Neocash, but Neopets has always been really careful to make sure that you can't buy your way into progressing the game. The NC is mostly just for customization, and cannot be traded for Neopoints. I had expected much worse when NC was released :p

Well we don't know anymore now that JS owns Neopets.

#95 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

The Neopets page on Facebook just got retitled as an "App Page". It could be nothing, but it makes me wonder if they're planning to axe the site and redevelop it as an app.

I find it hard to take what the CEO says at face value. I still think the site's on it's last legs. I've never seen it so glitchy before.

#96 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

The Neopets page on Facebook just got retitled as an "App Page". It could be nothing, but it makes me wonder if they're planning to axe the site and redevelop it as an app.

I find it hard to take what the CEO says at face value. I still think the site's on it's last legs. I've never seen it so glitchy before.

I really hope this isn't the case

#97 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

I don't think they're closing it. Sure, the site is glitchy, but that doesn't mean they're going to take it down, or it's going to die. They just fired a bunch of people, so there's less people working on the site now. Plus, jumpstart is a smaller company that viacom was. Viacom owns Nickleloden, along with a bunch of other large TV networks (like MTV),  so they had more resources at hand than jumpstart probablly does. With less resources, it'll take jumpstart more time to fix things.

I honestly don't think the CEO would say the site isn't closing, just to close it down. What's the point of telling users the site will stay open, if you're just going to close it? 

#98 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

I don't think they're closing it. Sure, the site is glitchy, but that doesn't mean they're going to take it down, or it's going to die. They just fired a bunch of people, so there's less people working on the site now. Plus, jumpstart is a smaller company that viacom was. Viacom owns Nickleloden, along with a bunch of other large TV networks (like MTV),  so they had more resources at hand than jumpstart probablly does. With less resources, it'll take jumpstart more time to fix things.

I honestly don't think the CEO would say the site isn't closing, just to close it down. What's the point of telling users the site will stay open, if you're just going to close it? 

Money? They wouldn't dare say the site is closing. People would quit Premium and stop buying NC. If anything, saying the site is staying open and then suddenly closing it would work in their favor.

#99 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Money? They wouldn't dare say the site is closing. People would quit Premium and stop buying NC. If anything, saying the site is staying open and then suddenly closing it would work in their favor.

That's also a good way to get a lawsuit filed against you.

#100 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

That's also a good way to get a lawsuit filed against you.

They can delete the site at any time without notice.

3. You understand that all purchases of Neocash are final and non-refundable, except, in our sole and absolute discretion. Once you purchased Neocash, you can't get your money back. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ONCE YOU AUTHORIZE THE COMPANY OR OTHER DESIGNATED PAYMENT SERVICE TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT, SUCH AMOUNT SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE REFUNDABLE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, UPON TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT FOR ANY REASON, TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, TERMINATION OF THE NEOCASH SHOP AND/OR THE DISCONTINUATION OF THE NEOPETS WEBSITE.

2. Termination of Account/Site Content. The privileges granted to you under this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without notice from us, if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with this Agreement or the applicable game rules posted on the individual Neopets Virtual Worlds. We also reserve the right to terminate your access to any of the Neopets Virtual Worlds at any time. Finally, we reserve the right to change, modify, delete any of the Neopets Virtual Worlds or any of their respective content or features at our sole discretion.

Edited by Eggie, 11 March 2015 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users