Quantcast

Photo

Any Old-Timer Neopets User Still Alive Now?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#76 Futawii

Futawii
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

I've played since 2005,so I guess that makes me a old timer. xD

I was around 8 that time,and I didn't know how to play properly,for instance,I thought everything costed real money(foods,petpets,and so on) so I would leave my Pheopin starving!

Good times,I miss the UC pets.

#77 SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

My first account was from 2001, then I immediately lost it and started another. 

Is it true that Neo never deletes old pets and accounts (besides frozen) ? O.o

Neo has deleted many of my non-frozen old accounts and pets lol. I lost passwords easily and got bored with Neo easily, so I ended up abandoning quite a few accounts. I've actually re-made a few of my old pets with the exact same names once the "abandoned" ones were purged.

#78 agentdalecooper

agentdalecooper
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

I'm surprised, since so many games and apps sell such a thing. Of course, we still have to pick a name that's not taken. :lol2: Is it true that Neo never deletes old pets and accounts (besides frozen) ? O.o

They definitely purge old accounts (I had my original one deleted - RIP what would now be a 13 year old account with some killer SDB stuff and retired avs), but I'm not sure about pets / pet names.

Edited by agentdalecooper, 04 June 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#79 phade

phade
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Pet names get purged sometimes, that's why you see awesome names that arent Y1/Y2

I used to play a while back till I got frozen for "scamming" (which in actuality was me selling something on TP, the user changed their mind and since I wouldn't trade back she got her guild to report me).

#80 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

They definitely purge old accounts (I had my original one deleted - RIP what would now be a 13 year old account with some killer SDB stuff and retired avs), but I'm not sure about pets / pet names.

Ah makes sense. I wonder too if they pound those pets. I hope the purge is based on last login. I should rescue my first Neo.  :lol2:  I am sorry for your lost account, esp all the retired goodiness of it. Why just the placard with your "13 Years" time must have been awesome for to see it!

#81 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

My oldest running Neopets account is about 5 years old, my first ever Neopets account, happened about 10 to 11 years ago. Unfortunately my first account ever got deleted, because I was young and dumb when I first found this website with cheating.

#82 beautifulmess

beautifulmess
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

I used to play back in 2002 neopets was more fun back then than it is now to be honest

#83 Ceres

Ceres
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

Started in 2004, when I got my very first computer. I was super excited to get it mainly because I wanted to play neopets.

Been on and off over the years. Still have access to my first acct and everything, but I'm on my second main acct.

I miss the old days a lot, customization still looks stupid as hell to me. When I see wigs on pets I cringe a bit haha. Usually I dress my pets up with a few bangles/wings/bgs/whatever though, but I'd rather have UCs. Unfortunately I wasn't around when the whole change happened :/

Neopets is pretty special to me though, so I guess thats why I keep coming back. It's basically whats responsible for me going into programming, and it sparked my art interest a lot as a kid. Sad to see that its not doing too well anymore :c

#84 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

Reading the first page of this thread was weirdly weird. 

I think I've been a player for more than I expected. I can't really remember the exact year but I seem to recall some stuff previous to 2005 (the year I thought I started playing), namely being owned by Dohring and its selling to Viacom. I wish I could have my original account, even with all the underscores it had. :/
I miss old Pets, neocam (too), but the layout it's what I miss the most, and having a TNT that was close enough to its players that they used to chat with us in the forums all night, before they all turned into dickbags. But, alas, all good things die.

#85 Silverize

Silverize
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

I first played in 2001. Was crazy over for the first few years. Stopped playing until 2013, cheated in a game, got frozen, emo over it.

Just yesterday, I decided to try to get back into the game to get my mind off work.

#86 Phoenix_Souljah

Phoenix_Souljah
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

I played in the early 2000's on a windows 98 computer, the operating system couldn't even support the drivers for my ADSL/broadband!  I then got a desktop with XP and joined with a few friends to form 0m3ga_3lement (not sure if that was exactly how we spelt it).  We lived on different sides of the world and had a good routine and proxy for earning legit NP and 3 very strong pets, as well as a high end BD set.  Unfortunately we came to an end or an Ice for a better word, but we had an amazing run.  Just too much attention from the boards caused quite a storm for us :/

#87 APBT

APBT
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

I think I started playing Neo when I was 9 or 10 years old. So, 2003 - 2004ish(?). Original account of mine was frozen yeaaars ago, though.

#88 Crabcake2496

Crabcake2496
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

I think ms_nuggler still plays. She was a pretty big deal when I first started playing.

#89 Merk

Merk
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

I started playing in 4th grade, which would have been 2000-2001ish...and I took everything about the site roughly five billion percent too seriously. I had a huge morphing potion collection, in part due to savings and in part due to this mystery girl named Mandy who would take me on "shopping trips" and buy me potions from my wishlist. My moment of crowning glory came after I'd been on the site for a while (playing completely legitimately, of course) and finally got named to an admin position in my guild. I literally bragged to my parents about what a big deal I was and felt highly misunderstood when they were just like "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND ARE YOU BEING SAFE ON THIS COLORFUL WEBSITE." I remember being on MSN messenger with my guildmates and Neofriends CONSTANTLY for hours both before and after school. The dream finally came to a end when I clicked a fake Battle Duck in someone's shop and had my entire account ransacked, then frozen. I cried for days and thought my parents were hateful assholes for not calling the police about it.

Started playing again in college for nostalgia's sake and was actually doing pretty well for myself on my own due to KQ until I sent a Neomail to someone telling them to use this site for price checks. I, being an unparalleled genius, thought that this was just a price checker site and hadn't ever bothered to explore beyond the item database. Of course my shit got frozen almost immediately and of course I never got a response to my ticket. That's the point at which I decided to start cheating. Someone kindly gifted me a Ghostkerbomb on my first "dirty" account (after I made an introductory post about being upset) and I was stressing about it for days because I was sure I was going to get iced, lmao.

I forgot the password to that account and brilliantly used my school email address, which is now defunct, to register...so the account still exists but I can't really get at it. I recently remade and am just waiting for a bit more time to pass before I do some more business on here. :p

#90 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:30 PM

When you first started, did anyone else have their parent's sign and send in the under 13 form?

#91 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

When you first started, did anyone else have their parent's sign and send in the under 13 form?

When I was a newbie (as in my first year in Neopets) there were a lot of < 13 years old users but I never knew one that had actually made an account with their real birthdate.
Now that I think about all that, it were weird times. I was already an adult and had the most funny times with pre-teens lol but in my defense, the majority of the group I was in were all adults :p

#92 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

You whipper snappers make me feel ancient.

I think I started playing Y2-Y3 ish, and I was a grown ass adult with a full time job.   :D

#93 Eggroll

Eggroll
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

I started playing when I was eleven, which was eleven years ago. xD That account got frozen a long time ago though.  My new account has only been around for like 2 years, and I only started again because a bunch of my floormates from my college dorm decided to join for nostalgia reasons.

#94 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Started playing in 2001, so about 14-ish years ago. Not my original, but I've got an account that's 13 years old.

#95 CharmingMarshmallows

CharmingMarshmallows
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

I played since 1999. Lost my account a ong time ago though

#96 BEDDOEDv

BEDDOEDv
  • 287 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

im here people :lol2:

#97 Daenarys

Daenarys
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

My first account was made in 2001, then i got iced for apparently swearing lol when i didn't but whatevs, so i had to restart in 2003, my 14 year old self was devastated lol

#98 aeroplane

aeroplane
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

I think I made my first account in 2000? It's been on-again, off-again ever since. I've been conned, unfairly iced, fairly iced, etc etc etc and done just about everything this silly site has to offer over the last fifteen years. The eleven-year-old in me just can't get away from it, even if the place is a joke now!

#99 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

im an old timer lol 

#100 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:46 AM

I think I made my first account in 2000? It's been on-again, off-again ever since. I've been conned, unfairly iced, fairly iced, etc etc etc and done just about everything this silly site has to offer over the last fifteen years. The eleven-year-old in me just can't get away from it, even if the place is a joke now!

You aren't alone for unfairly iced......... before i start to cheat..... i used to make 500k - 750k NPS per day through chocolate shop until one day i reach 5m nps MARK and out of BLUE.... tnt freeze my account by claim that i am CHEATING whereby i don't even know CHEAT in first place but THANKS to TNT.... i get to know you all through here. :)

Edited by Rolexboi87, 11 August 2015 - 03:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users