That sounds familiar. 

#28 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

I would sell it and make millions!

Very doubt any company would shell out more than a million for this company. My guess, it's worth $500,000 at most.

#29 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Oh boy where do I start!!

So many things need to be updated. The neoboards are crappy, the mail system is crappy, the help system is crappy, the filters are crappy, never got into the whole guild thing because it looked pretty crappy, and I'm sure there's plenty of other crappy things on the site that need to be updated. They can be so much better and it kinda sucks seeing them all mediocre like this. Like for god's sake we don't neven have a sent neomail folder! The art-related parts of the site only accept works of tiny, unrealistic file sizes and resolutions. The restock/rarity system definitely needs work done and the selling parts of the site needs work as well. Rules need polishing. SDB/closet/inventory/whatever could be way better. There are a bunch of broken games/activities. All of this needs to be fixed.

The new Battledome isn't all that great either, right? I don't use it enough to go on about that but judging by what I've heard it really needs some work done. You'd think they would put a bunch of effort into that because of the main parts of the site. It's something loads of people pour loads of time and neopoints into so it should be something of at least good quality.

Speaking of updates, the site itself needs an update. Smartdevices have been popular since like 2007/2008 and only until recently have they thought "you know, maybe we should start working on this lol". Navigating the site on mobile is a pain in the butt and half the pages don't even work because everything relies on flash. So adding a mobile/minimal theme is something that they really need to do. Hell, I'd bring back the classic theme too and allow users to select a UI type and theme in their settings, so like classic/purple or mobile/valentines. It'd be cool if users could customize the theme to their liking though, like removing the NC Mall button or specific drop down links. Maybe that would be too hard to make but it would be handy only seeing the links you want.

Also geez, the site is in desperate need of content. All I think of when I go there now is "wow there is fuck all to do on here" and those aren't thoughts you should be getting from your players. Where are the plots! Where are the wars. Where are the new games, new avatars/themes, new things to do, new places to go, new items that aren't absolutely useless. Not adding anything isn't gonna pull new users in and it's totally a possibility that existing users will stop caring to go to the site because there's nothing to do. Being lazy isn't gonna pull users in. Recycling yearly events and not really changing them is damn boring as well. Don't be afraid of change! It doesn't even have to be drastic. Just as long as it isn't mindlessly copy/pasted that's good.

I know a lady whose account was broken into and her UC grey Ixi was stolen, then both her and the thief's accounts were banned. It's something that happens probably regularly because some people are just too greedy for their own good, right? That's not something I would tolerate if I ran the site. Seeing people act all high and mighty over their WN UCs isn't all that great either. So I completely agree with a UC item. It could be like some wearable NC item (or a pay monthly item if they're that desperate) and when worn, it makes any compatible pet show its old art and the pet is made untradable until the item is removed. Sure, it's not the same as an actual UC pet, but it'd make plenty of users happy and it'd potentially lower theft rates.

I really love the idea of the userbase creating things that the whole site can use. There was a small petsite that said grey Ixi lady made years ago, and loads of pets (iirc) and colours were made by the players. They were all really creative and cute, and something like that could totally work on Neopets. If it did there and FR it should. Let the users design new pets, new colours, avatars, themes, items, wearables, whatever. It even makes it easier on the staff because all they would have to do is finalize the designs and not think of the thing themselves originally.

More player-to-player and player-to-pet interaction would be cool too. It's always fun to play games with friends and interact with your virtual pet. Can't think of any ideas off the top of my head but yeah.

OKAY SORRY FOR MY NOVEL!! I THINK I COVERED EVERYTHING!! LAST FEW THINGS THOUGH
BRING BACK CREWDOKU, PUT TREASURE KEEPERS ON THE SITE AND MAYBE ALLOW PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH EACH OTHER ON THERE, BRING THE CUTE TOP OF THE PAGE BANNERS BACK, AND MERISTONES. And Lutari Island/mobile app which isn't terrible.

Edit: I just saw some poor soul accidentally put an expensive item on the auction house for cheap because they forgot to put an extra 0 or two, so the ability to cancel auctions would be great!! How haven't they added that yet geez.

Edited by Turnip, 05 May 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#30 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

woah so creative

You should create Turnipets™, seriously xD

#31 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Oh boy where do I start!!

Spoiler

OKAY SORRY FOR MY NOVEL!! I THINK I COVERED EVERYTHING!! LAST FEW THINGS THOUGH
BRING BACK CREWDOKU, PUT TREASURE KEEPERS ON THE SITE AND MAYBE ALLOW PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH EACH OTHER ON THERE, BRING THE CUTE TOP OF THE PAGE BANNERS BACK, AND MERISTONES. And Lutari Island/mobile app which isn't terrible.

2wovccw.jpg

Edited by Alexiel, 05 May 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

The pets will be veggies because creativity is hard.

#33 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

The pets will be veggies because creativity is hard.

Honestly, neopets' pets aren't that creative hahaha

#34 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Honestly, neopets' pets aren't that creative hahaha

Well they're "original".

We'd just go Banjo-Kazooie style and put googly eyes on fruits and veggies and call it a day.

#35 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

Well they're "original".

We'd just go Banjo-Kazooie style and put googly eyes on fruits and veggies and call it a day.

Sounds fair enough! Since being vegetarian/vegan is trendy (just kidding guys, I know most of you have real reasons), it could be a success! :p

#36 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

I'd add failsafes/backup plans.

We all know TNT is going to screw up again eventually, and they clearly don't have a good system in place for weeding out dupes and other exploits. I'd add a lot of automatic flags that set off whenever they happened (eg. Someone suddenly has a new item and hasn't had a random event, hasn't visited a shop, hasn't gone through a trade, etc) as well as extreme flags that automatically shut the site down until I get a chance to review the issue. Seriously, they must have known about the duping for at least 18 hours now. Why didn't they just shut the site down until they fix it and blame meepits?

#37 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

We could call it............... Veggie Tales

#38 Werebearguy

Werebearguy
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

To hell with the economy. Here's how I'd fix the site;

1. Fix the lag. They have absolutely no reason to still be lagging after 10+ years.

2. Force ads to be silent. Or better yet, get rid of the ads altogether. I use adblock, but for those too inexperienced in the internet to get that, this is a must.

3. Change restocking so items like SuAP actually restock, despite dupes and whatnot holding them back.

4. Hire a writer who isn't stuck in the 1st grade fantasy book mindset. I mean, they're just animals and not people, but a good story every so often wouldn't hurt.

5. Personal preference, but Mixed Paint Brushes by combining two at the cooking pot. Imagine; Darigan Grundo with split color, or a white Maraquan Shoyru. A little photoshop work can do the recoloring easily and in a few seconds. I know people would like recolored mutants, too.

#39 pancakemachine

pancakemachine
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

The problem is it wouldn't bring enough people back. The real problem is the people that started out playing Neopets 10+ years ago are growing out of it. No matter what you do they're not going to come back. This is why they are trying to get the younger crowd now with all this Nickelodeon stuff, if you keep them you have another 10+ years of people that will stay then when they get older they're going to grow out of it. Rinse and repeat.

That's a good idea but most kids nowadays wouldn't like neo period with all the violence in games and whatnot they would be better off fixing the BD to encourage kids to play

#40 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

- Revert back to the old non-customizable pets, or find an easier way for users to get UC pets if they so choose. From a profiteering standpoint, yes, this would probably slow sales in the NC Mall significantly...but I'm looking at this as purely from a view of making users happier rather than profitting off them.
- Get rid of half of the useless items around the site. Condense everything to fit the now smaller userbase. Cull the site of old features that are largely unliked and barely used.

- More activities and creative plots. Something to move the storyline along.

- Complete site redesign to try and cater a bit more to a mature audience. Less big blocky letters and bright colours. Also, a total site recoding to finally shift Neopets out of the HTML era.
- Get somebody writing the news who actually knows at least half a thing about the site.

- Less filters. Less draconian rules. No unwritten rules.
- Get staff to start engaging with users again.

But whether any of that would actually bring new users in is debatable. Neopets has built up a horrible reputation for itself over the years that would take years to fix...and people just aren't really interested in pet sites period anymore. It's a niche audience.

#41 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

That's a good idea but most kids nowadays wouldn't like neo period with all the violence in games and whatnot they would be better off fixing the BD to encourage kids to play

There were plenty of violent games when neopets first came out. That did not stop the popularity of the game. Your point is moot.

#42 Inky

Inky
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

Two things: Sell an "Unconverter Ray" in the mall for 2K NC. The hire back the team JS fired. Especially the damn news team!

#43 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

Two things: Sell an "Unconverter Ray" in the mall for 2K NC. The hire back the team JS fired. Especially the damn news team!

Imagine how much work it would be to make unconverted images of all of the newer pet colors. What a hell for the developers/TNT.

#44 Inky

Inky
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

Imagine how much work it would be to make unconverted images of all of the newer pet colors. What a hell for the developers/TNT.

They could start by only offering pre-conversion colours, and add more months later if they wanted to. I don't think anyone would even care they'd just be happy to have more UCs. :p

Edited by Inky, 14 May 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#45 Bunnyy

Bunnyy
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

I'd make it possible to "unconvert" pets 0:-)

#46 bigdix

bigdix
  • 150 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Let people change their pets between converted and unconverted art whenever they want. Would at least bring a few people back and stop UCs from being used as currency.

#47 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

UC Paintbrush for 2000-5000 NC, imo. I would pay it. Also the ability to buy retired NC items for an inflated NC value more or less commensurate with established "cap" value-- I want pretties but I don't want to have to talk to people.

Neopets needs more individual achievements rather than sitewide ones. There are a few trophies that work like this like Cheat, Go Go Go, Pyramids, etc. where you're not in competition with other users. This is how the Book Club, Rare Food Club, etc. should work-- you get a trophy for personal achievements/number of books read as well as all-time high scores. There are too many grandfathered sitewide achivements that no one new or starting today will ever be able to catch up with, but if you could get a personal trophy for X r90 foods eaten then there would be better consumption of these items.

Fewer useless items-- so many categories of items are totally pointless. Many items also do not function for their "intended" use like food, grooming, toys, etc.

All paintbrushes should be in the Hidden Tower as well as drop from random events/dailies/nerkmids/etc., this would consume NP and take it out of the economy.

#48 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

I gave in the suggestion that we should have two separate areas for Neo, one for the kiddies and one for the older kiddies. Makes sense to me.

Though I should've sent in the suggestion to hire Codex members to get it straight for once.

#49 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Turn it into a f2p MMORPG, keeping the NC shop as is but adding more RPG related goodies (vanity pets, mounts, etc. if nothing else).

And like most MMOs have holiday events could also add species holiday events as well.

True plots requiring traveling across continents for puzzles or going head to head on in actual Battledome fields scattered across Neopia (as well as Neopian cities, villages, etc. themselves.)

#50 bigdix

bigdix
  • 150 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

I gave in the suggestion that we should have two separate areas for Neo, one for the kiddies and one for the older kiddies. Makes sense to me.

Many people, possibly me included, would just stick to the kiddie side and enjoy the easy swindling.

"Oh yeah, Myths and Legends of Alien Aishas is totally 700k now but I can quicksell it for 500k for you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users