What would you do if you owned Neopets?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

Many people, possibly me included, would just stick to the kiddie side and enjoy the easy swindling.

"Oh yeah, Myths and Legends of Alien Aishas is totally 700k now but I can quicksell it for 500k for you"

MEAN!  :lol2:

Your username is great by the way. I wonder if @boobface is still around, might be a good match.

#52 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Fix what has to be fixed, create better and more frequent plots, create more pets, make a return of UC pets with all colors through NC, make the popular events better, like the AC, Daily Dare... etc

#53 DaveStrider

DaveStrider
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

id sell the site to someone else or some other company to lessen the blow i took by buying it at the state it is now, because honestly the game isnt going to improve in any way. bringing back plots similar to those that happened in the beginning years of neo might help bring back a few old players, but times have changed and kids arent going to be interested in the same things that got us interested when we were younger, like neopets. think about it: do you like the stuff your parents liked? older shows like thundercats of he-man/she-ra arent my thing because i had more "modern" shows when i was growing up. and thats whats going to happen with kids nowadays who see neopets. theyd rather play a more interactive and fastpaced game thats more "modern" like league or call of duty or whatever is popular nowadays.

the point is, neopets is wayyyy passed its prime and should be put down so it doesnt have to suffer any longer. either that or it should be given a complete renovation that makes it more attractive to the consumers that jumpstart wants.

#54 kanade

kanade
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

first thing I'd do is delete all the odd filters

#55 Chestnut

Chestnut
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

I feel like I'd close it (depressing, right?)

I just feel like neo has lived its course.

#56 DaveStrider

DaveStrider
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

I feel like I'd close it (depressing, right?)

I just feel like neo has lived its course.

exactly just put it out of its misery. neo has gone downhill for so long it might as well be 10 feet under by now

#57 Chestnut

Chestnut
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

exactly just put it out of its misery. neo has gone downhill for so long it might as well be 10 feet under by now

Yes. I feel like we're all waiting for something that won't happen.

The younger generation isn't into it.

Our generation is barely hanging on. I think the strings should be cut as sad as it may be.

#58 DaveStrider

DaveStrider
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

Yes. I feel like we're all waiting for something that won't happen.

The younger generation isn't into it.

Our generation is barely hanging on. I think the strings should be cut as sad as it may be.

people on the boards say things like bring back plots like the old ones and revert back to og neo but truthfully those arent going to stimulate the playerbase enough to get neo running like how it used to in the past. the only way to save neo would be to make a neo v2.0 thats directed towards the upcoming generations, but thats pretty much killing off the neo we all know and love(d) so...

#59 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

I would license the neopets name and characters to app developers and all that other good stuff. The most valuable things that the site still has going for it is its name recognition and its user stickiness.

#60 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

Well, there was a big fall in players number simply because there's not enough events and stuff. The first thing I would do is fix the small issues, the economy, then hire more employees and start working on events to bring more players ( = profit).

#61 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

More plots and balance the economy

#62 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Agreed.

How would you guys suggest balancing the economy? 

#63 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Releasing more rares & making the games awards you more nps. It doesn't make sense to me that you have to play daily, for millions of nps just to buy 1 item and running out of everything you have accumulated.

#64 Antares

Antares
  • 46 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

If I owned Neopets I would fix silly bugs like the DoN that are with us since ever!

#65 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

If I owned Neopets I would fix silly bugs like the DoN that are with us since ever!

What bugs? O.o

#66 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hire a team to create 12 new paintbrushes for the year of the paintbrush. Also mute half the neoboards.

#67 Futawii

Futawii
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

I would bring Keyquest back.

Wouldn't need anything else.

#68 kapleer

kapleer
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Probably try and make it more worth for the users themselves, the site isn't terrible but it has been better

#69 ameowica

ameowica
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

Make it A LOT better than it is now. Get is as popular as it used to be.

#70 sprite_e

sprite_e
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

A lot of good ideas on the thread!

I would(/and think neopets needs) to overhaul the rules and how they are implemented. They are too trigger happy with the freeze ray, and I think most active players have been frozen before for reasonable behaviour. For instance, all the restrictions on guild activities, or posting links to outside sites; these are unnecessary and frustrating to work with.

For instance, rather than banning people running guild competitions, they should introduce in game mechanisms to facilitate non fraudulent operation.

....This would have been more relevant 10 years ago, but 12 year old me just had to let it out.

I think people wouldn't mind a lack of content too much; most people only stay for the nostalgia anyway. It's the behaviour of TNT towards it's players that has always been the achilles heel.

#71 pikapi314

pikapi314
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

I would bring back the Habitatarium. Maybe a new updated Neoquest game would be cool too. 

I would also like to link side accounts and main accounts, or just change the neopet limit to a larger number so that side accounts for that purpose are not needed. 

Everything everyone's said about the economy is also true, that could definitely use fixing as well. 

#72 SnowWhite

SnowWhite
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

people on the boards say things like bring back plots like the old ones and revert back to og neo but truthfully those arent going to stimulate the playerbase enough to get neo running like how it used to in the past

I was going to say more plots :( 

#73 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

First I would unfreeze every user ever.

Then I'd bring back more war plots.

#74 Foxi

Foxi
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

Rehire all the previous staff and put more time into making events vs neocash items.

#75 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

I'd fix all things broken and start being more clear with requirements. When you have an event, a plot or something, it's way better to know in the beginning what you need to do to be rewarded with an avvie for example. All this secrecy to the last possible moment drives me nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users