• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

#151 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hilary is seemingly killing it in the Democratic Debate.

#152 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

I actually dislike Hillary more and more as I watch her. Her demeanor just seems off...

#153 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

She's awful. She'll say anything to get elected.

#154 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

Well Martin O'Malley had a great answer there about security vs. privacy. Right on the nose.

#155 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

Well Martin O'Malley had a great answer there about security vs. privacy. Right on the nose.

I felt empathy for him with the joke about "if he had anything more to say". 

#156 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

I'm Aussie as ya'll probably know anyways, so all this thread is just a bunch of confusion for me. BUT... As long as ya'll get a new Pres that is better than Tony Abbott (that cucking funt)... Then I think you'd do just fine.. Probably xD

#157 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

She's awful. She'll say anything to get elected.

You say that like that's any different from standard politicians.  I feel like we're programmed culturally to be harsher on women and to be doubtful about them.  Of course, I still hate her, but I'm trying to weed out the difference between the various ways why I feel that way

I'm Aussie as ya'll probably know anyways, so all this thread is just a bunch of confusion for me. BUT... As long as ya'll get a new Pres that is better than Tony Abbott (that cucking funt)... Then I think you'd do just fine.. Probably xD

Alas, some are worse.

#158 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:34 AM

You say that like that's any different from standard politicians.  I feel like we're programmed culturally to be harsher on women and to be doubtful about them.  Of course, I still hate her, but I'm trying to weed out the difference between the various ways why I feel that way

Alas, some are worse.

Probably. Send Barack over ere' 

#159 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

Alas, some are worse.

We are. Or I don't know if programmed is the correct word.  It's changing. But changing biases like that, which are so covert, takes a long time. I still think Hillary Clinton is a shitty politician. And while I may be a woman and want a lady president, because I really feel that could improve how people perceive women (as soon as there is a First Man, unnecessary bullshit, "female" 'jobs' that are required of the First Lady will be handed off), I don't want it to be her. I want it to be a woman who represents women in a positive way, who is strong, committed, honest and ethical, instead of a conniving, lying, greedy person.

#160 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

I don't care that she's a woman. I treat her harshly because she's running for president, and I hold those people to a higher standard. I find her to be incredibly fake and opportunistic, while I find Bernie honest and he sticks to the values he believes are truly best for Americans.

Also, "you say that like it's different..." Is that a reason to accept that behavior? We always need to call dishonesty out if you ever expect anything to change.

#161 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

I read various websites and voting records of the candidates. I like Bernie Sanders the best. He's been the most consistent guy in the race. He's been saying the same shit for 40 years, none of this flip flop bullshit. Plus, he has major points in my book for voting against bills that harm civil liberties, including the Patriot Act. 
You need to just set the time aside. Select the candidates you think you like the most and go look for their voting record, news media clips of them speaking (not just recently, dig up older clips too) and decide if they best match what you wanna see in the future. Be careful and try to use multiple sources for information. Avoid network news like Fox, CNN, MSNBC -- those are all heavily biased and blatantly so. It's really hard to find unbiased information because humans are always biased.

Alright, I guess you're right. It's important enough that I need to make time for it :p thanks for the advice and help :)

#162 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

Alright, I guess you're right. It's important enough that I need to make time for it :p thanks for the advice and help :)

Also, check how to vote in the primaries (to determine party nominations) in your state. This is the most crucial vote you have. If you live in a state that requires a party declaration, it might be more difficult to vote. The primaries are coming up soon and that's how the people decide who ends up on the presidential general election ballot. For Texas (that's the state I'm a resident in), I can vote however I want without being declared a Republican or Democrat. So, I'll vote in the primaries for my desired candidate. 

#163 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Take it from a Brit, a female leader isn't always the best thing. Especially seeing as Clinton isn't exactly pro-women's rights either.

#164 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

I'm not voting for Hillary for the same reason I didn't vote for Mitt Romney in 2012: She flip-flops on issues. Just goes to show you she'll say anything to get elected, and who knows what she'll do when she does get elected.  As much as I would love to see a woman president, I don't think Hillary fits the bill.

#165 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

He tried so hard, I felt bad that I routinely forgot he was even in the debate.

Alas, some are worse.

Hillary has definely had to deal with sexism but that isn't the reason people distrust her. They distrust her because she's dishonest. Like her sending her daughter to scaremonger people into believing Bernie wants to get rid of Medicare when he actually wants to expand it.

#166 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Cruz will defeat Hilary in November. That's my prediction, 10 months out.

Where do you guys find your information about the candidates? I'd like to vote, but I really don't have the time to watch all of the debates (and whatnot) myself and honestly, I don't know where to find unbiased information on the candidates online... 

www.isidewith.com is a cool site to take a quiz/questionnaire and it selects the candidate that aligns the closest to your own views/opinions, and it shows you to what extent you side with all other candidates for comparison. Also for anyone else reading, be mindful of cut off dates for new registrations/updates to existing registrations. The deadline is 25 days before the primary, which is rapidly approaching in many states.

#167 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

Here is a video of Bernie Sanders being awesome as heck in the 90s, defending LGBT servicemen and women.

Edit: But damn has Bernie Sanders always been an old person?! He's like the Morgan Freeman of politics. 

Edited by Coops, 20 January 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#168 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

Here is a video of Bernie Sanders being awesome as heck in the 90s, defending LGBT servicemen and women.

Edit: But damn has Bernie Sanders always been an old person?! He's like the Morgan Freeman of politics. 

I have thought this before, because he looks old af right now, but he looked just this old (maybe even older?) 20+ years ago. He looked 90 when he turned 40 but hasn't aged a day since.

#169 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

I have thought this before, because he looks old af right now, but he looked just this old (maybe even older?) 20+ years ago. He looked 90 when he turned 40 but hasn't aged a day since.

Maybe Sanders is a wizard?

Also, why does Trump always look like he's about to give someone a bj?

#170 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

The US is first around the post election.  Voting green is basically the same as not voting, if not worse.

Wouldn't be the case if Democrats had the spine to demand electoral reform. ;)

Even Bernie is sticking to campaign finance reform, which doesn't accomplish much when the whole electoral system is rigged to favor a two-party system at the expense of democratic representation.

#171 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

Cruz will defeat Hilary in November. That's my prediction, 10 months out.

I'll take that action lol

#172 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

Sanders definitely has my vote. Straight up burned Hilary with her dirty money from Goldberg and Trump's IQ being lower than his shoe size.
Feel the Bern

#173 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:57 AM

"Do we have to call the gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?" 

#174 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

9213_492350210951793_7193757928673713767

"We don't want to be like the rest of the world!" -Marco Rubio. This is why people don't like us.

#175 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

SSheT9I.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users