17 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

I saw this in the NT today:

Hello, TNT. I want to talk about something serious. You might want to take a seat first. I've just found this website [link removed] which sells neopoints, maps, and rare objects... For REAL money. They claim, and I quote, that "there is NO chance of being frozen by TNT for purchasing from [them]". This sounds somehow fishy, and I would like to know if buying from this site goes against the rules or not. If you publish this, I'd rather you don't include my username. Thank you. ~ username removed 

*takes a seat* thanks for bringing this site to our attention. Using third party sites to buy Neopoints, Neopets or any items is definitely against the rules, and anyone we discover using sites like this will most definitely be frozen. If you have any questions, take a look over the site rules, as this is specified there as well.

Is this something Codex players should be worried about? 
I'm just curious everyone's thoughts on this.

Discuss. c:

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

I'm pretty sure they're talking about these websites that sell UCs, items and accounts for money, like neopetsdeals and neopointsale. It's really unsafe and they're mostly stolen items.

But about buying items (or trading, or whatever), of course it has a bit of risk. As long as you're careful, TNT won't know you're trading with another cheater.

#3 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

I bought 50mil a couple days ago for science, only mongers who brag and get reported get iced, or those who bought active items off a dodgy seller.

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

I'm pretty sure they're talking about these websites that sell UCs, items and accounts for money, like neopetsdeals and neopointsale. It's really unsafe and they're mostly stolen items.

But about buying items (or trading, or whatever), of course it has a bit of risk. As long as you're careful, TNT won't know you're trading with another cheater.

I imagined that might have been the case. Honestly, I'm not concerned for myself - because idgaf if I lose my neopets shit. xD However, I did want to know what other Codex people thought about it. I wonder how many other times people have submitted stuff to TNT and they've followed up on it. I mean, it can't be THAT hard for TNT to figure out which communities are cheating communities or not. lol.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Nivashka, 31 July 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

I imagined that might have been the case. Honestly, I'm not concerned for myself - because idgaf if I lose my neopets shit. xD However, I did want to know what other Codex people thought about it. I wonder how many other times people have submitted stuff to TNT and they've followed up on it. I mean, it can't be THAT hard for TNT to figure out which communities are cheating communities or not. lol.

Edit: Typo

I have a feeling that TNT doesn't give a shit about cheating communities :p It would be pretty easy to infiltrate here are get a lot of people frozen, but if they did that, there would be like 15 players left.

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

I have a feeling that TNT doesn't give a shit about cheating communities :p It would be pretty easy to infiltrate here are get a lot of people frozen, but if they did that, there would be like 15 players left.

Yeah, this is an excellent point and it's crossed my mind. It would be a shitty business practice on their part to go after the cheating communities.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Nah.  I stay away from those sites and rely on programs to get what I want out of Neopets. :p

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

did the person just discover internet? :/

and if i'm TNT i'll totally freeze the person because he/she was obviously trying to buy some. :p

#9 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

did the person just discover internet? :/

and if i'm TNT i'll totally freeze the person because he/she was obviously trying to buy some. :p

Probably. Hahaha. I can't imagine thinking, "Hmm, how can I make this work for me... maybe I should ask TNT if it's totally cool if I buy neopoints!" How could they think it would legitimately go well for them? I wonder if they got iced or not, but since their username was removed...

#10 pokerlegend

pokerlegend
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:27 AM

Man I was just starting to think about selling alot of neopoints. 

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

I must have been reported a number of times during the last AC for being a codex member, and I'm not frozen. Not even a warning. 

On another note, is it odd that when I read this my immediate though of the site/link they were taking about was clarik? 

#12 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

I saw this in the NT today:

Is this something Codex players should be worried about? 
I'm just curious everyone's thoughts on this.

Discuss. c:

Seriously..... i wondering why still got peoples buying items with hard-cashs whereby now programs are very easy to access? Hmm. :)

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

Seriously..... i wondering why still got peoples buying items with hard-cashs whereby now programs are very easy to access? Hmm. :)

Because they have expendable income and don't want to wait to buy something expensive or a large amount of NP?

Depending on what the person wants it could be weeks or months trying to make NP to get what they want, or just dump monopoly money on something and have it in an hour.

#14 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:35 AM

The current going rate for NPs is so ridiculously low. Hardly take a day worth of work to buy triple digit millions. While it might take you months of AB to get there.

There are tons of players that spent 10k+ from the previous game I played. So 100+ is just spare change really for people that are willing to pay for their gaming entertainment.

Edited by neopetsexploded, 12 August 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#15 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

The current going rate for NPs is so ridiculously low. Hardly take a day worth of work to buy triple digit millions. While it might take you months of AB to get there.

There are tons of players that spent 10k+ from the previous game I played. So 100+ is just spare change really for people that are willing to pay for their gaming entertainment.

This basically sums up the gaming industry as a whole. A game is a process of satisfying the need for gratification and most humans are not adept at withholding instant gratification. Those that are able, are generally more socially, psychologically and mentally skilled and tend to have more success in life. Generally. This is broad terms in humans and success through adolescence to adulthood.

#16 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

In the past.... they selling 1m per $15 usd..... now is it 1m per $1 usd? OPS! :D

#17 SquiggleBiggle

SquiggleBiggle
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

In the past.... they selling 1m per $15 usd..... now is it 1m per $1 usd? OPS! :D

More like $1.25, but yeah.

Edited by SquiggleBiggle, 13 August 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#18 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

More like $1.25, but yeah.

Thanks.... $1 and $1.25.... nothing much differences. HAHA!!!

Dropping from $10 to $1.25 is totally insane. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users