Quantcast

Photo

Just bought a really crap item for a whole lot of NP without my knowledge, what is abrosia doing?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#226 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Hopefully everybody will be getting refunded. :)

#227 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

We know there's justice in the world when cheaters have their monies back from a sleazy ass scammer. :wub:

#228 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

To be fair, we wouldn't even sink so low as to do that.

We're honest compared to that asshole.

#229 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

I'm glad I'm obsessive with a slightly tendency to distrust everyone and everything and for that reason I have Pin on everything. D:

That's unexpected of current TNT (showing they actually care). I'm actually very surprised. O_o
But it's one more reason for everyone affected by this asshole to send a ticket!

I didn't send a ticket and got my NP back. They'll be reversing all the auctions if they can track the auctions, I guess.

#230 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

To be fair, we wouldn't even sink so low as to do that.

We're honest compared to that asshole.

That's the difference between being a cheater and being a scammer. Cheaters have a soul (some of you anyway) and, most important, standards. :p

I didn't send a ticket and got my NP back. They'll be reversing all the auctions if they can track the auctions, I guess.

That's even better.

I'm glad it all turned out well. :)

#231 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Take that, jjaws. IN YO FACE

#232 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

I've just been lurking this thread to see if it would end well, and it did, so I'm glad it did :)

That scammer can go suck it. The only question I still have is how did he do it?

#233 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

I didn't send a ticket either

That's the difference between being a cheater and being a scammer. Cheaters have a soul (some of you anyway) and, most important, standards. :p

That's even better.

I'm glad it all turned out well. :)

Exactly, I just wanna sell some NP, not make someone suffer loss.

I once got into someone's account, and I felt so bad about it that I gave them their account back, apologized and gave them the item they were saving up for. I have too much heart for this shit.

I've just been lurking this thread to see if it would end well, and it did, so I'm glad it did :)

That scammer can go suck it. The only question I still have is how did he do it?

I want to know how he did it too. I suspect ghoul catchers maybe?

#234 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

I sent a ticket. And came back to a notification saying I was refunded my NPs. I am so glad. I am honestly super surprised. Usually, they are like, "Oh, sorry if you lost money because of us... we'll try to prevent any future losses." Maybe more people were reporting it than we were aware? And with such big amounts?

Also, @Aria I am so glad yours was related, despite not getting a neomail. It would have sucked for everyone to get their shit back and you still didn't know what happened. I'm just glad you got everything back. :)

I still wanna know how he/she got access to so many accounts. :|

#235 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:38 AM

I sent a ticket. And came back to a notification saying I was refunded my NPs. I am so glad. I am honestly super surprised. Usually, they are like, "Oh, sorry if you lost money because of us... we'll try to prevent any future losses." Maybe more people were reporting it than we were aware? And with such big amounts?

Also, @Aria I am so glad yours was related, despite not getting a neomail. It would have sucked for everyone to get their shit back and you still didn't know what happened. I'm just glad you got everything back. :)

I still wanna know how he/she got access to so many accounts. :|

He must have gotten to the neomail before I did. That's the only way I got it back. What a piece of shit.

#236 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

He must have gotten to the neomail before I did. That's the only way I got it back. What a piece of shit.

Just curious, but what email host did you guys have for the account that was hacked? Mine was attached to a very old Yahoo! email. It's not anymore (not since this happened). 

#237 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Just curious, but what email host did you guys have for the account that was hacked? Mine was attached to a very old Yahoo! email. It's not anymore (not since this happened). 

Gmail, I still log in on it from time to time.

#238 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

Gmail, I still log in on it from time to time.

Damn I was hoping we could narrow it down more. Well, did you get your NPs back @iKate?

#239 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

Mine's hotmail. but it's linked to my PSN and origin account so if that got compromised I'd know about it pretty quickly.

#240 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

Mine's hotmail. but it's linked to my PSN and origin account so if that got compromised I'd know about it pretty quickly.

Yeah. Ugh. I dunno. I give up. I'm just happy we all got our points back and everything worked out. It's weird. I never expected TNT to give us our money back though. 

#241 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

JS actually did something right for once.

Viacom never would have refunded us and we all know it

#242 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

Actually, Viacom (in the beginning) used to return stolen goods.

I've had a few expensive avatar items returned after sending proof I was scammed (username of the scammer, NM, links to neoboards, etc.).

#243 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

Actually, Viacom (in the beginning) used to return stolen goods.

I've had a few expensive avatar items returned after sending proof I was scammed (username of the scammer, NM, links to neoboards, etc.).

Really? I did that, then I just ended up getting frozen for 'my own safety' and never got the account returned

#244 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Really? I did that, then I just ended up getting frozen for 'my own safety' and never got the account returned

Well, back then I used to be very active on the portuguese neoboards, and I was kinda known in some circles, mostly avatar chain lendings (or whatever it was called), AC, HC, etc. I suspect if TNT messed with some us during those years they would be receiving even more hate mail than they were already getting lol.

To note that, that was the time when TNT members joined our chats the talk to us pretty much every day like a regular member without imposing smart ass authority. A lot has changed since then eh. :/

#245 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

Well, back then I used to be very active on the portuguese neoboards, and I was kinda known in some circles, mostly avatar chain lendings (or whatever it was called), AC, HC, etc. I suspect if TNT messed with some us during those years they would be receiving even more hate mail than they were already getting lol.

To note that, that was the time when TNT members joined our chats the talk to us pretty much every day like a regular member without imposing smart ass authority. A lot has changed since then eh. :/

I was somewhat popular on the HC for a while. TNT never favored me.

#246 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

I was somewhat popular on the HC for a while. TNT never favored me.

I don't consider I've been favoured (specially after they iced so many of my accounts without real justification). It was simply the right thing to do from TNT's part. I was helping fellow neopians, but some were nasty scumbags. TNT just returned what was mine and iced the scammers account's. It happened not only with me, but to anyone that during those golden years had similar problems with items, Pets and even NP for that Adam avatar.

And maybe our portuguese TNT was better than the american? It seems like that, at least until the moment shit hit the fan and they decided to kill almost all their portuguese players accounts for some stupid tantrum :lol2:

#247 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

Just logged on and saw that my np has been refunded to me! And it looks like it's being refunded to everyone who got hit by this sucker, so thank god. 

#248 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

I don't consider I've been favoured (specially after they iced so many of my accounts without real justification). It was simply the right thing to do from TNT's part. I was helping fellow neopians, but some were nasty scumbags. TNT just returned what was mine and iced the scammers account's. It happened not only with me, but to anyone that during those golden years had similar problems with items, Pets and even NP for that Adam avatar.

And maybe our portuguese TNT was better than the american? It seems like that, at least until the moment shit hit the fan and they decided to kill almost all their portuguese players accounts for some stupid tantrum :lol2:

Maybe, I only ever used german and english boards. After they froze me for a year, and refused to give my account back I flipped out on the altador cup and HC boards. I figured out how to break the filter back then (this was like 2011 or 12) and went on a screaming rampage because I wanted my account back.

when I obviously wasn't getting it back (Because TNT was like fuk u noob) I started making boards like "Shenkuu's shitty scoreboard" And all kinds of weird boards.

#249 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

I got my 10 mill back! I'm so happy I could cry.

(the last time I felt this excited on Neo was when I won a Pirate PB from the Poetry Contest years before the deflation happened)

Still, it's important for us to not just forget about this and move on, because it could happen again. :/

We'll get to the bottom of this and send the guy into the fiery pits of Moltara.  :angry

Edited by Musician, 13 August 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#250 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

I am so glad things have been sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users