neopets

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#26 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Quick random question. Is there anyway to search for a Neopets account using the name on the account?

Example: Username is xxXxxX and if you go to their userlookup it will say:

User Info

Name: Bob

Last Spotted: Stealth!
Started Playing: July 29, 2001

Not that I know of through Neopets, but you could use Google to search for it. You know the trick for finding stuck pets in the pound, where you google "Owner: In the pound"?  You could do something similar by searching "Name: Bob" site:neopets.com , or search based on pet lookups via "Owner: Bob" site:neopets.com . Other than that, I don't know of a way.  Of course, this method would be dependent on the userlookup actually being crawled since the name has been "Bob".

#27 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Not that I know of through Neopets, but you could use Google to search for it. You know the trick for finding stuck pets in the pound, where you google "Owner: In the pound"?  You could do something similar by searching "Name: Bob" site:neopets.com , or search based on pet lookups via "Owner: Bob" site:neopets.com . Other than that, I don't know of a way.  Of course, this method would be dependent on the userlookup actually being crawled since the name has been "Bob".

Is there any... I guess the word I want is criteria?... that determines whether or not Google has crawled the page?

#28 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

Is there any... I guess the word I want is criteria?... that determines whether or not Google has crawled the page?

I'm not entirely sure, but I know it has to do with being online.  Accounts that have been inactive/offline for a long time tend not to be crawled.  I'm guessing it might have to do with how active you are on the neopets forums and such, but I could be way off on that.

#29 Ubers

Ubers
  • Banned from trading: Do not trade with this member!

• 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I know it has to do with being online.  Accounts that have been inactive/offline for a long time tend not to be crawled.  I'm guessing it might have to do with how active you are on the neopets forums and such, but I could be way off on that.

Userlookups and petpages aren't cached anymore. Even pet lookups have stopped. 

#30 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

Userlookups and petpages aren't cached anymore. Even pet lookups have stopped.

^this and that can help you

#31 panther1

panther1
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Q:  Does TNT look at self-iced accounts before reactivating?  Anyone ever been rejected after selfing?

#32 xoxdaft

xoxdaft
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

Just got back from not playing for several years. I noticed whenever you go to lookups and stuff, they always required you to confirm you're not a bot. Is this forever now? It's really annoying.. lol

#33 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

Just got back from not playing for several years. I noticed whenever you go to lookups and stuff, they always required you to confirm you're not a bot. Is this forever now? It's really annoying.. lol

Nope. In the most recent editorial they said it was temporary because account stealing bots or something was slowing down the server and they had to take quick action to stop it.

i CQ! *tosses your favorite kind of cookies* We all appreciate what TNT is doing to make this website safer to browse, but the reCAPTCHA system makes it pretty inconvenient to check out (and even interact with) my fellow Neopians and their pets. Since that's one of my favorite aspects of the site, I was wondering if this is a permanent feature, or just something that's being used while important security issues are being worked on. Thanks! ~ horsefaith6725

Ideally, no this isn't a permanent feature. Once we feel we can remove the reCaptcha's without the same problems recurring, we definitely will, that just takes a little time!

#34 xoxdaft

xoxdaft
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Nope. In the most recent editorial they said it was temporary because account stealing bots or something was slowing down the server and they had to take quick action to stop it.

Thanks! It makes sense. Didn't know this was such a huge issue :(

#35 smh

smh
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:14 PM

Any updated info on captchas? Recently came back to neo but honestly about to leave again after 12 hours bc of them.

#36 origa

origa
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

I'm not sure why but when I go do a captcha I get a green checkmark automatically without having to select any pictures. It does it in Chrome on my desktop but not on my laptop, so I'm a bit wary to play on my desktop. I don't want to get banned for botting or something. :/

#37 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

Q:  Does TNT look at self-iced accounts before reactivating?  Anyone ever been rejected after selfing?

I told them that one of my side accounts got hacked because the password changed. They froze it. I tried getting in like a 2-3 weeks later to get it back, and they basically told me after the whole damn process of multiple e-mails (THEIR official process, because of how long THEY took to respond to email me back) "Sorry, it's been too long, we can't do shit" aka "sorry not sorry"

In addition to ABing, how can I make 2 million NPS quickly?

Besides investing into stocks...

1. Do dailies every day (seriously that "trudy's surprise" thing gives out NP like candy)

1b. Don't forget to collect your interest every day!

2. Do fashion fever (instant 300 NP per "game" which is just clicking "start" and "end")

3. Score send (I only do the games that are strictly two minutes and kass basher, that way, it's hard for TNT to think you cheated)

4. Sell absolutely everything you get (through random events, dailies, etc), it all adds up after awhile. 

Edited by Gothictoy, 02 October 2016 - 12:15 PM.

#38 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:07 AM

any better ways to get the magma color instead of refreshing it manually every 5 mins?

i have been doing it for 18 hrs now...and unfortunately it seems like my account's sleeping time is in that 6 hrs, still havnt find it

and im not even sure if i missed any TT

EDIT: found the program for it thank youuu

I have another question tho

when using proxy to login, does it mean i can never have two accounts logged in at the same time? or as long as i used different ip during login its fine?

I wonder if i have to keep using the proxy or can i just use it during login

if not it will be quite annoyting to login over and over again

im using hide my ass

thank you

Edited by kiuarthur, 10 October 2016 - 05:24 PM.

#39 Aurelion

Aurelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

any better ways to get the magma color instead of refreshing it manually every 5 mins?
i have been doing it for 18 hrs now...and unfortunately it seems like my account's sleeping time is in that 6 hrs, still havnt find it
and im not even sure if i missed any TT

EDIT: found the program for it thank youuu

I have another question tho
when using proxy to login, does it mean i can never have two accounts logged in at the same time? or as long as i used different ip during login its fine?
I wonder if i have to keep using the proxy or can i just use it during login
if not it will be quite annoyting to login over and over again
im using hide my ass
thank you

I'm not sure if I got what you're asking but a proxy hides your IP address with the proxy's own server. The whole point of using Neopets through a proxy is to make sure Neo does not trace the IP back to you. I would use it upon log in and keep using it as I do stuff on the account.

#40 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:43 AM

Is there any viable way to search for pets stuck in the pound with the captchas and all still being around?

#41 origa

origa
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

@inu I know of a few ways to search for stuck pets, and afaik the captchas shouldn't be an issue. lost.quiggle.org has lists of stuck pets by species, and www.neopets.com/~Sasml#stu has a guide on how to find them.

Question: Has anyone ever encountered a problem where there are no options listed in the drop down when you click an item in your inventory? The only option is "Select an option" so I can't feed, heal, or read books to my pets.

#42 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

@origa I used to find stuck pets by searching "owner: in the pound" and the colour/species I'm after. Thanks for the links, I'm going to try /~Sasml 's method and see what that brings up :) 

That's strange, I haven't had that issue before. What happens if you try another browser?

#43 soy

soy
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

What are your main sources of income you guys?

I do food club but i swear i have the worst luck im like -200k LOL

looking for safe constant small profit 

i have 1mil to seed

Edited by soy, 19 October 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#44 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

i have 1mil to seed

ABing

#45 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

@soy food club has been awful this month, I've been avoiding it because there's so many upsets. I RS and snipe cheap items that are on Auction

#46 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

So I was playing Gormball and won some trash item and wondered what the prize pool of items was for the game. JN's guide says you can win any r101 item (admittedly at a rare rate of 1% chance on win). Is that right?? That sort of seems like it has potential to be insane and I should be playing the heck out of Gormball on all my sides.

edit: to put this into context if you win an r101 1% of the time that's like 1 r101 a month if you play daily. There are a lot of useless r101s (old cheap plot prizes, fishing items, jellies and omelettes), but 1/2 of r101s are worth 90k+. And that +? It goes all the way up to millions... The old LC prizes are r101. Spooky Tree Stamp. Commander Garoo Stamp?? If that's really the prize pool.. .dang

Edited by jaredyne, 20 November 2016 - 03:26 AM.

#47 mariaahry

mariaahry
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

the best way to make neopoints fast?

#48 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:37 AM

the best way to make neopoints fast?

restocking (autobuyers)

#49 Blossoms

Blossoms
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

i have 1mil to seed

Trudy's for me. Also did some of their mobile game but that gets kinda boring after a while.

#50 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:46 AM

Quick question! For those of you that use the Coconut Shy APer, or otherwise visit the Coconut Shy every day - how often do you knock down a coconut? I ask because I've 350+ avatars and not one of them is the coconut shy one because I freaking hate that thing. Trying to wonder how much longer it might take me...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users