25 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

350px-Reaper-portrait.png?version=9617a8

So Blizzard's Overwatch started its closed beta today. This game reminds me a lot of Team Fortress 2, but much faster paced, more characters, and more abilities. 

Does anyone have access to it? If so, what do you think of the game?

Don't have a beta invite?

Navigate to the Overwatch site (Or click here!)

Login to your battle.net ID account.

Click the Beta navigation button at the top (Or click here!)

And now cross your fingers, and pray to Gaben that you get an invite.

Also, Summit1G's punk ass is playing it right now if you want to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Praying to Gabe for a Blizzard franchise invite? Weird.

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

Gaben rules all, even products made by another company.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

Praying to Gabe for a Blizzard franchise invite? Weird.

It's a very dated meme. So old the site it originated from doesn't even use it anymore.

#5 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

Been signed up ever since they put up a sign up. Not in yet. :(

#6 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:15 PM

Been praying I get an invite but honestly, the subreddit for this game is full of twat, douchebags and people who think casual gamers have no place in Overwatch.

Almost makes me not even want to play it if it's going to turn into another CS:GO or some shit.

I was hoping it would be less like TF2. I hate TF2. Nothing about that game is enjoyable for me.

I play a lot of another less-serious / comical FPS that used to have a large following. It's still a great game and I play all the time but it's player base is dying and I was hoping this wouldn't be as serious and just more about having fun.

I would much rather they provide characters / bodies with different power-ups / specials and allow you to pick weapons, support items, etc.

Watching the stream, it seems fun and I'm interested in playing it.

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

Been praying I get an invite but honestly, the subreddit for this game is full of twat, douchebags and people who think casual gamers have no place in Overwatch.

Almost makes me not even want to play it if it's going to turn into another CS:GO or some shit.

I was hoping it would be less like TF2. I hate TF2. Nothing about that game is enjoyable for me.

I play a lot of another less-serious / comical FPS that used to have a large following. It's still a great game and I play all the time but it's player base is dying and I was hoping this wouldn't be as serious and just more about having fun.

I would much rather they provide characters / bodies with different power-ups / specials and allow you to pick weapons, support items, etc.

Watching the stream, it seems fun and I'm interested in playing it.

Honestly as I watch this game being played, I can't see it going into the 'competitive' scene. CSGO is indeed full of us assholes who think casuals have no place playing in ranked matches (no one cares about casual games). How didn't you like TF2?! I think you're the first person I've ever heard of dislike the game =P. 

#8 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:50 AM

Stress test this weekend.... really hoping I get in :)

I'm dying to play this game .-. 

Should be good chances though since they want to let in a bunch of people anyways to see how much their servers can take.

Only bad part is the downtime that is to be expected :K

30 minutes until invites go out! :o

-----------

I GOT IN OMG YESSSSSSSSSS

Time to no life it for the weekend

Edited by Kass, 19 November 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#9 HolyQueen

HolyQueen
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

I just pre-ordered this.  :x3:

Hoping that I really get into it. o.o

#10 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

I just pre-ordered this.  :x3:

Hoping that I really get into it. o.o

I think I'm going to pre-order this once it gets closer to May. I'm really excited for this game... the free weekend I played on had a lot of lag problems but with the rewards system they added in along with player levels I really want to play again because I'm sure the lag won't be an issue when release comes around :D

#11 Kamala

Kamala
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Really looking forward to this game  :lol:

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

Honestly as I watch this game being played, I can't see it going into the 'competitive' scene. CSGO is indeed full of us assholes who think casuals have no place playing in ranked matches (no one cares about casual games). How didn't you like TF2?! I think you're the first person I've ever heard of dislike the game =P.

I didn't like TF2 either.

I may have gotten into it a bit later, when all the casual players were gone and all the servers were populated by CS types. But even if the player base I experienced was a genuine one and not the competitive dregs that stayed when everyone else moved on, it still doesn't speak well for the game IMO. I judge most multiplayer games by their player base, because really it's the people in the game that determine your experience. It's a large part of why I don't enjoy Halo as well.

I don't think I'll buy Overwatch, but it does look pretty. Really, I'm waiting for a Blizzard MMO that isn't running ten year old graphics. If they make a Diablo game that doesn't totally suck (like D3 sucked) I'd buy that, or a Starcraft MMO. But Overwatch just seems like TF2 for Blizzard/Activision fanboys.

#13 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

One more day in the BETA! Going to marathon it to get the most in before it ends. 

#14 Kula

Kula
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

Nice game graphic. And I certainly love tracer

#15 Tablyth

Tablyth
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

I bought it. 

I can see how the day will goes just from my aim with Hanzo ahahahha. 

I also use Mercy, i love to spread cures aroud me.  

#16 santafish

santafish
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

Those of you that bought it, worth the $60 bucks?

#17 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

I have a lot of fun with the game, but some of the hero's, and mechanics are a bit unbalanced.

There's a "tank" hero that can fly a short distance, and eject out of her suit. Shortly after ejection, her suit turns into a bomb that will kill anyone in a rather large radius -- you get two of those assholes on any team, and that team is unstoppable. 

There's a "defensive" hero that can turn into a giant machine gun, if you set him up in the proper place, he's nearly invulnerable.

There's quite a few characters who are just OP in general, and need a good nerf.

Bottom line: Just about everyone I know who has this game, including myself, gets really mad at how unbalanced it can be. Purchase at your own risk, and watch your blood pressure.

@santafish

#18 Underwatered

Underwatered
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

Oh man can't wait to try this game, SC2 fan here but hope to give this shooter a go

#19 Adhesive

Adhesive
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

You can get it for $40 for the normal Edition.

It's definitely fun playing it with friends, my close group of friends are all about it. So that definitely helps!

#20 Tablyth

Tablyth
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

It finally happened! 

i1070701_ScreenShot160603005008000.jpg

Glory to the Snowager girl! 

Edited by Tablyth, 02 June 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#21 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

God, plays of the game are so stupid, It's always a Bastion that just sprays and prays that gets like a double or triple kill....when I get a triple kill in the same game but I don't get play of the game.

@Adam get a PS4 and play with me.

#22 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:43 PM

yesssss! go mei! she's hardly ever gets plays of the game.

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

God, plays of the game are so stupid, It's always a Bastion that just sprays and prays that gets like a double or triple kill....when I get a triple kill in the same game but I don't get play of the game.

@Adam get a PS4 and play with me.

PS4 sucks.

#24 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

www.masteroverwatch.com

Keeps track of every stat and ranks you...even has K/D.

#25 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

I suck

LUgJLWg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users