#52 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

ginger pear mini cheesecakes

SuqOahL.jpg

Oh Ma gawwwwd so yummy!
I miss baking :( I'm overseas for 2 weeks so no baking for me :( gonna make some brownies as soon as I get home :D

#53 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

oh wow @Jess those look delicious :wub: how did you incorporate the ginger? I find it to be kind of overpowering when I use it so I need ideas :p

#54 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

@Tammy I love it, so I have it in both the cheesecake part and in the pear top as powder. (Though now that I'm thinking about it, I'll use candied ginger in the topping with the pear next time I make it) what you could so though is make kind of a pear crumble topping instead of just pear, like with oats and butter, and stick ginger in that portion instead of in the cheesecake part or vice versa. Or just leave it out, cheese and pears go together anyway.
You'd end up with a heavier dessert though if you did a crumble topping. Ooo or you could do a more traditional graham crust instead of phyllo like I used here and put the ginger in that part and leave the pears on top plain and baked in.

#55 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:31 AM

@Jess Oooo those are all great ideas, I'll definitely try some of them :D I'm a big fan of both pears and cheesecake so thats perfect haha

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

@Jess Oooo those are all great ideas, I'll definitely try some of them :D I'm a big fan of both pears and cheesecake so thats perfect haha

You could also probably just swap out ginger for cinnamon and have all of the fall feel without ginger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users