59 replies to this topic

#26 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

We'll only let certain people join.

And dress up as ghosts to scare people off?

#27 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

Oh don't get me started.

Too late here I go:

I'm paranoid that if I don't do something perfectly I'm always being judged for being incompetent. Keeps me on my toes at work though.

Speaking of work! My coworkers always tell me I'm a hard worker. I don't work hard because I want to, but am irrationally afraid that if I don't work the hardest I can I'll get punished or lose my job. I know I won't, but the possibility is always in the back of my head.

I always feel like I'm squandering my little adult free time if I'm not being productive in anything I do. It hinders my enjoyment of video games. I set little goals and it really bugs me if I happen to die or something and most progress. Yeah losing progress always sucks, but I feel as if I just wasted more of my precious time.

I feel as if I have OCD, but am apathetic about it. Yeah that thing being off center really irritates me, but I'm too lazy to fix it. Constantly happens.

I think I might need to hire someone to follow me around and slap me whenever I feel like getting more soda or something else I don't need as I have terrible self control. I'm surprised I don't have a drink hat with two cans of coke in it running novelty straws to my mouth at all times.

#28 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

And dress up as ghosts to scare people off?

We could also burn lower case "T"s on rejected applicants' lawns so they know to vote for Trump.

#29 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

I have ADD and that makes a lot of shit really frustrating. 
I have this thing called Hyper-focus that makes internet tasks really easy for me, but I tend to neglect everything else, like household chores and stuff. 
When I have it under control it's nice though. 

#30 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

I am ALWAYS hungry. I spend more money on food than anything that isn't a monthly bill. I just ate a huge breakfast 20 minutes ago, and now i feel like I could eat a whole pot of beef stew (which is what I've been craving).

I can't say pudim (pudding - the pronunciation is pretty much the same) or peru (not the country, which, SURPRISINGLY, I can say, but the bird "turkey"). I always say pundim and perum...
My brain makes the stupidest associations and... whatever. Peru (bird) = Peru (country). Turkey (bird) = Turkey (country), made me chuckle nervously.
My OCD with numbers. And I hate number 9, because 9+9=18, 1+8=9 but 9+9=18 and again 1+8=9. Where's the end of it??

Me too! People joke a lot about it, which makes me really mad, because it's not something I can control. "How the hell are you not rolling when you move from place A to place B?" - a nice way to say I should be FATTER, or "WHY are you eating that whole cake when we just had dinner?" (the latter was said to me right now). Do people really think I want to eat like this? I've tried to eat less, but it doesn't work, I feel like I'm going to starve a few hours later.
The opposite also happens. There are days when I can't eat at all. The mere thought of food is disgusting.
My fuse box is broken.

^ My life

Oh god, this is me, or was me.  I'm partially cured of it.

You wanna know how?

Glass of water (sometimes with sugar and apple cider vinegar, which I should get back into the habit of doing) and sitting down, figuring out what the fuck is it that I actually want, and then?  EATING IT.

For me it was, ack, craving, hungry, eat something else, ack, still hungry, hunt hunt hunt stuff my face.

I find when I actually scratch that itch I feel much better and less hungry.  The trick is IDing exactly what I want/need.  I have a craving for fish, do I actually want fish vis a vis fish, or am I after the salt+iodine?  Or is it the oil?  Protein?  Or just the flavor?  (Once I found myself satisfied with butter, sour cream, chives and smoke salt.  It tasted oddly fishy and just hit the spot so I settled down)

Beef craving for me is usually a fat+umami craving.  The Umami is from the browning of the meat.

#31 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I have a self-confidence issues at the weirdest times in my life. I've student-taught a handful gen psych lectures in a hall of 40+ people, I've presented my senior thesis in a regional conference of professionals and academics, and held a 3 hour continuous live webinar without breaking a sweat, but I get anxious when I have to make a drivethrough order at a fast food joint because I fear the cashier won't hear me clearly through the intercom and I'll end up not getting what I said I wanted and I have to live with the fact that I don't have the nerve to correct the order even though I paid for more than what I was given.

#32 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

have a moderate whisky allergy.

This was by far the most heartbreaking thing I've read since Alan Rickman died

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

It's quite a severe allergy really. :( We have to monitor him closely.

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

It mainly means I can't be around certain other environmental factors at the same time as drinking it or regretful things occur. I just tend to trade it for an equivalent amount of cider instead.

#35 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Deep deep down, I don't give a shit about anyone. I can care for you and be there for you, but I never attach myself. Impossible.

#36 camilonator

camilonator
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

I procrastinate way too much. I should be doing homework right now :(

#37 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

Too shy. Too nice most times... which can be taken advantage of.

My height frustrates me occasionally because of clothes and whatnot. Dresses are too short. Some shirts are too short. Jeans have to be in long always.

I don't know. I like myself usually.

#38 Rainstorm

Rainstorm
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

I have a hard time admitting I'm wrong. I can be defensive. I am self-critical to a fault. I give other people too many chances.

#39 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

(Once I found myself satisfied with butter, sour cream, chives and smoke salt.  It tasted oddly fishy and just hit the spot so I settled down)

You mean that's not a normal breakfast??

#40 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

I don't know when I take jokes to far. I "tease" hard.

I get annoyed easily by very little things, making me blow up.

I am a shit texter, and even worse at staying in touch.

I cut people out. When I get close, I push away until they hate me.

#41 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

I hate that I hate people lol :p It's really hard for me to take any interest in other people outside of my circle or socialize with people I'm not close with. When I do, I overthink and/or get really anxious or irritated. It also doesn't help that I have chronic bitch face when it comes to meeting new people/socializing etc.

I have a habit of agreeing to plans for something I really don't want to do and then regret it more and more the closer the event gets and then end up cancelling at the last minute or hating myself as I suffer through it.

#42 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

I have a self-confidence issues at the weirdest times in my life. I've student-taught a handful gen psych lectures in a hall of 40+ people, I've presented my senior thesis in a regional conference of professionals and academics, and held a 3 hour continuous live webinar without breaking a sweat, but I get anxious when I have to make a drivethrough order at a fast food joint because I fear the cashier won't hear me clearly through the intercom and I'll end up not getting what I said I wanted and I have to live with the fact that I don't have the nerve to correct the order even though I paid for more than what I was given.

That basically sums up my life.

#43 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

You mean that's not a normal breakfast??

It needs a greasy protein to be a normal breakfast, bacon, eggs, that sort of thing.

But you have to admit, it is an odd thing to satisfy you when you're craving fish of all things.

#44 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

My knees will shift out of socket. Most of the time, it's super minor, but when it's bad, it really hurts. It's actually what caused my ankle to get broken

#45 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:13 PM

It needs a greasy protein to be a normal breakfast, bacon, eggs, that sort of thing.

But you have to admit, it is an odd thing to satisfy you when you're craving fish of all things.

No, you don't.

#46 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

I have the worst teeth... It frustrates me so much that I brush 2-3 times a day, very rarely miss or forget a day. I have roughly 18 scheduled appointments at the dentist. Put it to you in a lesser way. The only person besides myself in my family with teeth problems is my Dad. The records have medical documents from both sides of my family for another 2 generations of parents who'm have no reported issues apart from 1-2 fillings... 

Grrrr Teeth <_<

#47 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

I have this weird shit with my hands where I always have to be either holding or playing with something (ya i've heard all the penis jokes before). Usually it's fine and unnoticeable because i'm just holding my phone or my lighter in my pockets but it can get frustrating as hell, like when my friends were leaving to go back for uni we all had a meal out and after I finished eating I ended up playing with my cutlery to keep my hands busy. I'm self conscious as hell about it and people started joking giving me every loose item in sight piled up in front of me, but one of my friends noticed that I was getting locked into this zone and getting frustrated as hell with it so she gave me her little furry Chewbacca toy to play with instead because I usually play with it when we go out to the pub. It calmed me down and I sat there for 20 minutes straightening out all it's fur making it look nice and cute, and when I went to give it back afterwards she told me to keep it as a leaving gift. Genuinely made me cry when I got home to know that someone understands and instead of taking the piss, will help out when I get frustrated as hell with this shit because I feel so shitty when it happens, when I get too into it I get locked into this zone that's hard to get out of unless I have something else to keep my mind on. And now I bring my little Chewbacca everywhere with me, it's such a small gift but it helps in a huge way, and people love it so that's always good! This is also one of the reasons I've taken up the guitar again, I love music and it keeps my hands busy. Plus I've learnt how to braid people's hair :p

Also I have tinnitus, I get a soft ringing in my ear when everything else is quiet so I usually have to sleep with some kinda background noise on. Too many years of listening to music too loud :p Take care of your ears people, because it's annoying as fuck.

#48 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:10 PM

Trying to watch my video lectures for my class.  Keep feeling sleepy.  It's my brain body going "Don't do the thing, you will fail and get frustrated and feel bad.  Stop doing the thign!"  I hate it. When are we going to get brain uploads?

#49 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

I really hate being ignored by someone I care about. I've been trying so hard not to act crazy since I really like my boyfriend and I'd like to have a relationship where I don't inevitably screw everything up but right now he's ignoring my text messages but watching my snapchat story. I really want to just snap a picture of my middle finger.

#50 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:43 AM

Laziness + perfectionism = desaster.

And my fear of being rejected but wanting to socialize. What a shitty paradox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users