• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

I have lots of issues, but my crippling anxiety has got to be the most frustrating. Between that and depression, I'm stuck in a vicious cycle.

Laziness + perfectionism = desaster.

Ugh, yes. I either put 150% into what I'm doing, or I make zero effort whatsoever because I don't feel like dealing with the stress of being a perfectionist. I also avoid making commitments for this reason, because I know I'm either going to be a frazzled control freak the entire time I have any sort of responsibility, or I'll wait until the last second and then panic because I still have to meet my own ridiculous standards.  :/

#52 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

When I fall, I fall hard.

#53 Nikiforov

Nikiforov
  • 125 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

My instinctual reaction when I don't want to do something is to get sleepy. I know it's all in my head because I can get enough sleep, drink coffee, and eat a good meal. but if I have to do something I don't want to do suddenly I'll feel exhausted and want to take a nap. It's so lazy and annoying, but I don't know how to train myself out of it!

#54 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

My instinctual reaction when I don't want to do something is to get sleepy. I know it's all in my head because I can get enough sleep, drink coffee, and eat a good meal. but if I have to do something I don't want to do suddenly I'll feel exhausted and want to take a nap. It's so lazy and annoying, but I don't know how to train myself out of it!

I can kinda see myself in that. What I did to prevent it (though it's not completely gone) is move my ass out of bed (I used to work on the laptop in bed a lot), get behind a desktop, turn off the heater to stay more awake and just blast music while doing whatever it is I'm doing, so I can still kinda enjoy doing it. For really exhausting tasks I set myself a timer. Depending on how heavy duty it is, I'll either work on something 10 to 30 minutes then give myself a 5 or 10 minute break, work again 10 to 30 minutes, break, et cetera.

#55 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

I never study enough. I study enough to pass, never to feel secure about my knowledge. One of my finals is tomorrow and I'd like to know the feeling of having learnt everything that there is to learn about a subject :/

#56 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I shamelessly burn bridges.

#57 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

Spoiler

#58 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Spoiler

Rocking back and forth is one of my "stimulations". I can relate to feeling embarrassed by it. I've resorted to flexing my toes/feet/ankles to stim in public instead of my more "shameful" stims. I'm sorry you feel ashamed and embarrassed by your habit. :c You shouldn't have to feel that way. But I get it.

#59 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

Rocking back and forth is one of my "stimulations". I can relate to feeling embarrassed by it. I've resorted to flexing my toes/feet/ankles to stim in public instead of my more "shameful" stims. I'm sorry you feel ashamed and embarrassed by your habit. :c You shouldn't have to feel that way. But I get it.

I do it because I have to move or my body feels annoyed haha

#60 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Simultaneously believing myself to be better and worse than everyone around me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users