• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:43 AM

Omg this is realllly annoying.. :c Will probably stop some legit people to check out all the people on the trophy high score list though.

I mean that I don't need the money. I never had that "must sell neopets stuff because monies" appeal.

And, even if I needed the money, I most likely wouldn't be able to sell the NC I have - most of them retired stuff I actually like (and I'm a damned hoarder).

The problem is I don't have enough gift boxes to send all items to my mains, so all this awesome NC is in a handful of empty shells waiting... painfully.

You can hold a 'send me a GBC and I'll send you an item' giveaway :p

#102 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

I mean that I don't need the money. I never had that "must sell neopets stuff because monies" appeal.

And, even if I needed the money, I most likely wouldn't be able to sell the NC I have - most of them retired stuff I actually like (and I'm a damned hoarder).

The problem is I don't have enough gift boxes to send all items to my mains, so all this awesome NC is in a handful of empty shells waiting... painfully.

like @iKate said! Lots of people have a few and only want a few items. It works for everyone, so long as you were serious about not wanting to sell.

#103 Comet

Comet
  • Banned from trading: Do not trade with this member!

• 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

I cannot do this shit any more. This is so annoying! We are only on day 2  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :/

#104 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, no. The reCAPTCHA thing makes lookups impossible to really have fun playing with. That and the BC was about all I was using Neo for. Today I lost my cheating virginity because, fuck it, the way I was playing isn't viable.

#105 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

They just removed the captcha when we're trying to visit our own UL/PL.

#106 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Makes sense! They were only trying to block account scanning bots after all.

#107 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

@Guppie and @iKate you girls didn't get it. I want these NC items! I don't want to get rid of them. I just want to get rid of the accounts they're in, but I can't because of the items lmao

#108 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

Wow, finally. At least it only took one day for them to figure out the obvious.

#109 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

Basically another site released a program that is effectively DDoSing Neopets in the progress to store UL data, pet data etc. Therefore making the program worthless.

Not DDoSing lol it's just "scraping". If people were seriously DDoSing neopets would be down for a good while I bet  :lol2:

#110 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

@Guppie and @iKate you girls didn't get it. I want these NC items! I don't want to get rid of them. I just want to get rid of the accounts they're in, but I can't because of the items lmao

lol Why didn't you dupe gift boxes, then?

#111 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

The method they describe is the first one that popped in my head when I was thinking about this. :p I don't think I'd have figured out the hostname spoofing they mentioned though, that was quite clever.

This one would be much harder than any of their previous ones (purely image captchas tend to be simpler). I'd prefer if they just keep it to user profiles and anywhere else they currently have it rather than in areas we use for our programs like shops or games etc. The main reason I can't see them adding it for main shops right now is because it would mean them sending data to Google and handling the response every time somebody attempted a captcha and, given their servers can't handle a bit of lookup scraping, that might not go too well.

I have to agree, they took a good solution and implemented it poorly. They should've made the captchas site wide but require it based on the player's activity. Only one or two requests a minute under the account/ip address, about one captcha a day. Only 10 or so requests per minute, about one captcha every few hours. More than 60 requests in a minute, just place a ten minute ban on the account/ip address.

It is almost insulting that TNT can't figure out light-weight but effective solutions to bots.

#112 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

I have to agree, they took a good solution and implemented it poorly. They should've made the captchas site wide but require it based on the player's activity. Only one or two requests a minute under the account/ip address, about one captcha a day. Only 10 or so requests per minute, about one captcha every few hours. More than 60 requests in a minute, just place a ten minute ban on the account/ip address.

It is almost insulting that TNT can't figure out light-weight but effective solutions to bots.

They are about to now after this post. If all of this becomes implemented we grab our pitchforks and come after you Ponyme!

#113 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thats good bit annoying on your own stuff!

#114 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

Not DDoSing lol it's just "scraping". If people were seriously DDoSing neopets would be down for a good while I bet  :lol2:

When you have some free time, please re-read what I posted.

#115 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

When you have some free time, please re-read what I posted.

I'm aware of that program. Never thought it would make that much big of impact on their servers. Technically what it does is visit the lookup then the program saves whatever is found on that html page.. i think? But I can clearly see the impact when used by lots of people at the same time. I wonder if it's not already possible to bypass recaptcha.  :mellow:

#116 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

lol Why didn't you dupe gift boxes, then?

I actually did! But not in enough quantity it seems... I never though the glitch would escalate that much and that I would be able to get that many items. I never thought... The end of the world would have pink fluffy things. I was so wrong.

#117 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

If there's a good thing about it is that people won't go around looking for possible cheaters all the time. I hope.

#118 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

I actually did! But not in enough quantity it seems... I never though the glitch would escalate that much and that I would be able to get that many items. I never thought... The end of the world would have pink fluffy things. I was so wrong.

Man, that sucks. I guess just wait for another dupe day? We might still have more maintenance and lag relating to the Captcha debacle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users