Quantcast

Photo

Have you ever done a really good deed/potentially saved a life?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

Okay, I had a really eventful day. I don't think it counts as life saving, but it was a really good deed nonetheless. Now that it's over and he's okay, I thought I would make a thread asking if you guys have ever done something like this. 

I'll tell you what happened today if you're interested:

Spoiler

Have you ever done something that could potentially save someone's life or done a good deed that helped someone in a big way? 

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

I used to work at a theme park and one time a dude came up and asked if he could have some wet napkins and he put them on his neck because he was hot. Probably 10-15 minutes later someone shouted for help and I looked over my counter and he was laying on the ground convulsing or whatever. I called our First Aid Department and the whole time I was berated by customers because "I wasn't doing anything" but per company policy I did all I legally could do. They got there and got in touch with his family who was also in the park and they came up and kind of slapped him in the face a few times and were saying "snap out of it" and all that jazz. Turns out he just has seizures from time to time, especially when he gets hot, but the family didn't seem to think much of it. They thanked me for calling First Aid but they insured us he was fine and they went about the rest of their day. I didn't really do anything special or save a life, but it seemed like it fit the topic.

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:50 AM

You probably remember this but -

One day I was sitting in my living room and heard a huge bang + metal scraping / obvious collision noises right outside my house. So I ran to the window and there had been a head on collision pretty much right on my lawn. I didn't even think twice, I put my boots on and ran outside with my phone in hand already dialing 911. The driver in one vehicle was out of his SUV sort of wandering around in a daze and the female driver of the other vehicle was trapped in the driver's seat as the front had been crushed in and she wasn't coherent, as I went to her side and asked her if she was okay, I realized I knew her from Highschool so I held her hand and said her name and told her she was going to be okay. Her passenger refused to get out of the vehicle which had smoke billowing from the front. I convinced the passenger to get out while another bystander came to help the driver. We didn't want to move her for fear of broken legs but the front of the car was about to go up in flames. I turned the engine off and the bystander helped the driver out of the vehicle, and put her in the backseat of the SUV which was in much better shape than the female driver's car. The male driver of the SUV had calmed down a bit and was apologizing profusely to the female driver and the female driver said she was thirsty. I went into my house and got her some water and she asked me if I would go in her car and get her phone. The car was up in smoke but I'm a dummy and did it anyway. I stayed with her until the police and paramedics arrived and then I went inside and watched from the window. 

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:54 AM

Wow @Emily. I'd rep the shit out of that if I wasn't out.

Anyways, to answer the question:

no. I am a potato.

But, I'll tell you the time someone did something similar for me.

Spoiler

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

I saved a cousin from drowning one time. He was only 4 and he feel into our pool, but no one saw. I got in fully clothed and took him out. It was scary as hell.

I think that was the only time. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that many many times in the future :)

#6 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

I had to choose between a chicken burger or a normal one. I picked the normal one, I've saved a little chicken's life.

#7 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

I had to choose between a chicken burger or a normal one. I picked the normal one, I've saved a little chicken's life.

If you're gonna try and troll my thread at least be funny. 

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

I haven't done anything yet, but I know a kid who did. I had a seizure in class, and he had EMT training, and knew the warning signs, so before I could fall out of my chair, hit my head and possibly give myself a major head injury, he then got me to the floor and into the recovery position so I wouldn't choke on my own tongue/spit. 

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

I haven't done anything to save a life, but I did help a kid from potentially getting his important items stolen.

One night my family and I came from a IHOP, and my dad was about to leave the area in his car. As he was driving, I all of a sudden spotted what looked like a wallet on the ground. Dad stopped the car and I picked the wallet up. I looked inside and it appeared to belong to a 17 year old teenager (according to his drivers license.) The wallet had his license, a lot money, a credit card, and a couple of other cards I can't remember. I decided that we should go to the kid's house and give the wallet back to him.

So we drove to the address on the kid's license, knocked on the door, but no one was home. We decided to leave the wallet in the person's mailbox, and we left a message on the kid's family's phone. A day later, we got a call from the kid's mother, thanking us profusely for returning her son's wallet.

#10 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

When I was I about 11 years old my mom and I were walking home after wasting time in town, and because it was winter it was pitch dark out even though it was pretty early. Hardly anyone (if anyone, I can't remember) was around, it was just us and an old lady who was walking towards us. We said our hellos then she started crossing the road even though it said to not cross. She was walking pretty slowly too. I don't even remember exactly what the hell happened since it all happened so quickly, but a bus turned the corner and he was driving at a regular sort of speed because he wasn't expecting anyone to be crossing the road, and hit her. Her screams and the sound of her being hit.... I don't even want to think about it. We could hear everything since we were standing not too far away. My mom didn't have her mobile with her but thank god the pharmacy which was just a few doors down was still open. We ran as fast as we could and I flung the door open and yelled that someone got hit by a bus, call an ambulance. I'm not entirely too sure if the ambulance came because the pharmacy called or the bus driver but either way, holy shit it was terrifying. The rest of this is fuzzy and I can only remember the ambulance being there.

Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street friends, even if it says it's safe to cross. I keep almost getting hit at crosswalks around here...

And then another thing happened when I was really little, but it's where a person saved me instead of the other way around. If you aren't too happy with detailed drowning adventures don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler

#11 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

I once stopped a middle aged mexican man from committing murder. He got mugged, was gonna go kill the guys with a hatchet. Fun times.

#12 fatecero

fatecero
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

I think I may have saved a friend from starting self-harm--not anything as extreme as suicide, but I got a text around 2 or 3 in the morning once from one of my friends that I hadn't talked to in over a year (we kind of stopped keeping in touch after I transferred to a different school). Luckily, I'm a night owl, so I was able to respond right away.

#13 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

Well duh, it's my job. I think I'm on 6/7 direct lives saved and probably hundreds indirectly.

#14 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

Was out driving a couple of weeks ago and saw a few cars pulled over on the side of the road. I stopped to see what was going on because it's unusual and found a few people trying to do CPR (incorrectly) on someone else passed out in the car. Called 911, started CPR (best I could - couldn't move the guy and he was obviously sitting up) until the paramedics got there. No clue what happened to him though =/

#15 Zieke

Zieke
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:05 AM

I was able to get a dog out of the road before a car hit it once.

I still have the dog to this day. His name is Sinbad. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users