25 replies to this topic

#1 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

$Wannabe Tycoons$

personnel.gif

I am creating this 1 week guide (pictures and links being added) to show how to get a bronze trophy and that $$$ tycoon avatar. Yep, the first time playing PT has a steep learning curve.  But once you understand how the parts flow, its really easy because its repetitive. If you play the last 6 days of the month, its doable and not a complete time black hole.

My guide supplements the gold standard guides

~MapleHood  ~sungminty  ~GrundyTycoon

1. Start a full 6 days before the end of the month

The only rule is

• Don't go bankrupt!

Spoiler

2. Your "Work Day" is 8 hours.

Spoiler

3. Pay rents:

4. Get your store ready to sell

Spoiler

5. A bit about updates

There are 2 different updates in PT. What the two updates have in common is they happen each hour for the 8 hours of your "work day"

1. :XX is the general update time. Your factory and store update (work/sell) is at the same time FOR EVERYONE and is currently about :38 you can find this info on the PT Game Board (link missing).
  2. YOUR Raw Material prices update separately and at different time for each player.

Spoiler

6. When to buy

Spoiler

7. How many to buy

• Remember you need to save money for workers, exactly 5550 NP, shipping is 289 (?) per 100 plushies,  and each update for the one mandatory manager. (pic and $)
  • Dont buy materials to "save" for later. If you make 6 only buy what you need for those 6, same for 8.

Spoiler

8. Building sets of plushies

Spoiler

9. Hire Workers

Workers only work during "work hours". You hire them before :XX, general update, and FIRE them after (but before the next :XX because they will continue to work, aka burn through you COH, even if there are no jobs in your factory.

Spoiler

10. Warehouse, Ship and Store

Spoiler

11. Diddle and Repeat

Spoiler

Fighting major lag

:ninja2:

I'll have to finish images and links later....

Edited by neobo, 12 February 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#2 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:04 AM

Well done! :D We needed one about PT :p

#3 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

I need to try this eventually

#4 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Well done! :D We needed one about PT :p

Thanks its still a work in process. With the steps, links and images I hope to make it painless as possible.

How do I make the images bigger? I attached and added them to the post but they are SO small?

#5 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

This is great! I really need to get that avatar still...can I try if I've started after the first of the month?

#6 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

Hmm don't attach them :p upload them to some hosting website like : imgur.com and click on this button b416c2562c68950154cef486a9f8b40f.png then paste the direct link and voila!

#7 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:18 AM

This is great! I really need to get that avatar still...can I try if I've started after the first of the month?

You can start whenever, although I don't recommend now because the lag is unreal, and PT has a lot of pages.

Start July 25th for a bronze trophy. My guide is set up so you only pay rent once, dont have to pay the tax man, or change workers or sets.

If you want to try for a silver trophy start the last 2 weeks, and 3 weeks to a month for gold.

Hmm don't attach them :p upload them to some hosting website like : imgur.com and click on this button b416c2562c68950154cef486a9f8b40f.png then paste the direct link and voila!

:lazy: I dont know if I want to add more steps and another auxiliary site. Are they terribly small? If you click on them they get bigger :pokes itsy bitzy images:

Edited by neobo, 04 July 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#8 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

The only difference is you don't have to click it to see the real resolution :p

#9 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

:lazy: should totally be a forum emoticon

#10 Abbles

Abbles
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

I agree, I should try actually playing PT.  Or maybe someone will design an autoplayer and I can let it do the heavy lifting. :ninja:

#11 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

I agree, I should try actually playing PT.

Well, you could try my legit guide and tell me where it fails you so I can make improvements. It's not that much time, 2-3 builds over a few days with a few hourly logins during that time.

Edited by neobo, 12 February 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#12 aidenX

aidenX
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Not sure I understand everything at this point, but thank you for writing a guide for PT!

#13 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

@aidenX

Start Feb 21st for a bronze trophy; you don't need to play the whole month. Actually its a lot easier if you only play the last week. The links help hopeful. Follow each section in order, maybe more manageable to take in pieces. Its mostly finding and understanding the 2 different update times that's tough at first.

I'd like to improve my guide, any feedback helps so ask away....

#14 aidenX

aidenX
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

@neobo

Maybe I can give it a try this month. (Hopefully all deadlines has finished by then lol)

And then get back to you if I got some difficulties. Thanks!

#15 lethrblaka

lethrblaka
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

I'll give it a try, I've always been bad at this game and ended in negative ;_;

#16 Mattwilliams08

Mattwilliams08
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Thank you! I tried this guide after I came back recently on an account to fine tune it for when I can get a ma in and it is great! Comprehensive for me at least. All the other guide over the years always looked confusing to me.

#17 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Thank you! I tried this guide after I came back recently on an account to fine tune it for when I can get a ma in and it is great! Comprehensive for me at least. All the other guide over the years always looked confusing to me.

Any suggestions? Anything too confusing that you were unable to continue?

#18 zttsz

zttsz
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

AWESOME GUIDE! Thanks a lot! :)

#19 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

Anyone interested in trying for a gold trophy? I think I will this month, PM me.

#20 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

Anyone interested in trying for a gold trophy? I think I will this month, PM me.

Best wishes, I haven't even managed to play this with any success in the past though but *think* that I am going to try for Bronze + avvie this month.

#21 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Best wishes, I haven't even managed to play this with any success in the past though but *think* that I am going to try for Bronze + avvie this month.

Start the last 6 days of the month, PM me if you get stuck

#22 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Start the last 6 days of the month, PM me if you get stuck

I sure will, thank you SO much, and also I'm happy at all times to see you active on the boards: you seem to be a really awesome Codexian, and you're a joy with the things you share (this plus the AC Plot thing). Keep up the good work!

#23 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

I sure will, thank you SO much, and also I'm happy at all times to see you active on the boards: you seem to be a really awesome Codexian, and you're a joy with the things you share (this plus the AC Plot thing). Keep up the good work!

:blush: Aw shucks

#24 kardashian

kardashian
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

Will this work, compliments the guide? Should i try for the avatar first and i get it try the plushie tycooon the following week?

#25 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Will this work, compliments the guide? Should i try for the avatar first and i get it try the plushie tycooon the following week?

i'd whole-heartily recommend playing 6 days, the last 6 days of the month, first. That grants you the avatar and a bronze trophy. After you are successful and understand how the game works try for a gold trophy the next month.

• 6 days = you DONT have to every change your workforce (math involved), DONT pay rents after starting, DONT increase/decrease sets to hide nps from the tax man, DONT have to spend hours every day playing

That's my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tycoon, pt, help, guide, plushie, week, trophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users