Quantcast

Photo

Pokémon Go FAQ, Help, & Showing off your Catches!

pokémongo pokémon pokéball gotta catchem all

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#251 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

I havent been able to play much since I just started clerkships. So, I mostly play while I am driving. Ha. It is stressful trying to catch pokestops at the right milisecond while on the freeway. But, I took an earlier exit home yesterday, and in one part of my town, there were a dozen pokestops in 2-3 blocks. It was sweet. I haven't spent any money leveling up. I am waiting for the perfect pokemon. What are gym prizes?

Oh dear god please don't try to play while driving. :(

#252 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

Basically capture difficulty. Green = easiest, red = most difficult.

Ok, so the size of the circle has no effect on anything then? Right? So, if I catch the pokemon with a small green circle the chances of my catch would be the same as if I caught the same pokemon with a large green circle... and so on with each other color? I just want to clarify it for my man!

#253 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

The size of the circle determines bonus points added to your EXP after catching a pokemon. I forgot if it was a large circle or a small circle that gives bonus points.

#254 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

The size of the circle determines bonus points added to your EXP after catching a pokemon. I forgot if it was a large circle or a small circle that gives bonus points.

Cool, thank you!

#255 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Careful what you download people:

http://gizmodo.com/d...-app-1783399021

#256 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

Ok, so the size of the circle has no effect on anything then? Right? So, if I catch the pokemon with a small green circle the chances of my catch would be the same as if I caught the same pokemon with a large green circle... and so on with each other color? I just want to clarify it for my man!

I saw on reddit that the smaller the circle, the easier to catch the pokemon.

#257 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

Smaller the circle and hitting inside of it with the pokeball gives bonus Exp.

Along with what I had posted earlier in the thread
The larger the circle the better chance the pokemon will break out of the ball. If you manage to hit within a small enough yellow circle with the pokeball you'll get words like 'Great!' or 'Excellent' which means you'll have a better rate of a successful catch.

If you don't hit within the circle I don't think it matters how big or small the circle is.
Oh yeah, the smaller the circle you hit within the larger the exp bonus will be.

#258 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

I found the motherload of pokemon stops. I decided to drive through it (all accessible from a road with a 20MPH limit), I got a dozen in 5 minutes of slow driving. Caught a few pokemon at the end. Turned around and they were ready for me again. It takes me 15-20 minutes to essentially fill up my bag. Thats great since I don't have time to play much.

#259 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

I found the motherload of pokemon stops. I decided to drive through it (all accessible from a road with a 20MPH limit), I got a dozen in 5 minutes of slow driving. Caught a few pokemon at the end. Turned around and they were ready for me again. It takes me 15-20 minutes to essentially fill up my bag. Thats great since I don't have time to play much.

That's super cool!!!

#260 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:23 AM

I just downloaded the app with my husband. We are going on a date tomorrow, catching pokemon along the way :p 

#261 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

After lunch yesterday with my parents, they drove me by the park near their house to get a few Poke-Stops. They stayed in the car, and let me walk in the heat to the Stops. There was a family of at least 7 people there, all different ages, most with phones playing Pokemon Go.

My friend and I drove around looking for Poke-Stops. There were about 6 around one building, while 1 was INSIDE the building. We decided not to get out and go inside...

Anyone else notice a lot of the Poke-Stops are churches?

#262 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

To my experience, poke stops includes public buildings like churches, parks, memorials (statues and historical signs like the Underground Railroad in NY), firehouses, town halls, historical houses, and nature sanctuaries.

#263 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:06 AM

Pokemon go memes can be savage: 

My_VvqoLK1ApXFWg7y91XwMX1LgU_4-XSM6nQFQy

#264 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

Itd be funny if you keep evolving eevees and it keeps evolving into the same eeveelution

Of course, after I catch a Flareon I had enough candies to evolve an Eevee and it evolves into a Flareon lmao

#265 ptragon

ptragon
  • 142 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

Is there a way to spoof your gps location for pokemon go?  I don't have a data plan and no pokemon spawn near me.

#266 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

Is there a way to spoof your gps location for pokemon go?  I don't have a data plan and no pokemon spawn near me.

My friend lives in the middle of nowhere Texas and great with tech.

As far as putting yourself in other locations because Pokemon Go uses Google Maps it can tell when your device is no longer transmitting GPS data. You can enable mock locations, but you won't be able to do anything unless you disable it quickly and click on whatever you're trying to do (Pokestop/Gym). He did this successfully, but he is certain that's why his account got banned right away. He's also done some memory editing, which has been successful in him getting a bulbasaur and pikachu. You can't seemingly hack to get any currency because that is server side.

Mind you he does have a data plan so don't know what you can do about that.

#267 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Spoiler

Edited by CaptainDantes, 10 July 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#268 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

There's so many Ghastly near me night...trying hard for a Gengar!

#269 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:58 PM

Went to the city today and knocked off 5 gyms to claim as my own and caught a bunch of awesome Pokemon. There were so many people out doing the same thing too lol

One funny part of my day was on my way home past the foreshore, I was coming up to a gym spot, as I got closer, it turned from red to grey and I was like :o *pulls over/claims for himself*

Funniest part was, the guy who had pulled up ahead of where I was, was the one who beat the gym just before I got there and before he could claim it, I stuck my own 756cp magmar in there. I drove past and laughed as he stared me down. Still have that gym so far too. Ahahahaha!

Also, yasssss
Spoiler

#270 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:33 AM

My job is actually a PokeStop so I am making it a point today to load up on supplies.

Saw this on reddit.

Spoiler

#271 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

There's a Gym next to my kids school but it's bugged, stops letting me hit it at 216hp. I want it damnit!

#272 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

Apparently the game worked here for about 1 hour this morning, and the same happened in Japan before they officially released it? So they might be testing the servers and we might get the game soon :o

#273 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

I downloaded it a few days before but didn't have a chance to try it out because we were busy inside the house. We went shopping today and while my bf was driving I was frantically collecting every Pokestop that i could find. It's pretty tricky in the car since I had to be so fast xD.. I love it so far but my phone gets really hot from the GPS usage.

#274 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Saw a motherfuckin' scyther near my grandmother's, but some wannabe thugs were harassing us and it disappeared.

Was pretty mad I didn't find it.

#275 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

Dammit, I was just biking because that's how you hatch eggs efficiently but it didn't even add one step to my egg's progress :( What am I doing wrong?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokémongo, pokémon, pokéball, gotta catchem, all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users