Quantcast

Photo

Pokémon Go FAQ, Help, & Showing off your Catches!

pokémongo pokémon pokéball gotta catchem all

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#201 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

What do you mean, getting banned? And why can't you play this?

There are rumours that if you play the game and it's not released in your country, they'll ban your phone. Not just the account, the whole phone. And that's why I can't play, it's not released here yet, so the maps are empty (it was working when it launched, then stopped).

#202 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

Oh geez! I didn't know that lol.

@Kelvin It's cheaper to level up the pidgeotto than it is to level up the pidgey with stardust. It's 600 stardust for pidgeotto and 800 stardust for pidgey.

#203 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

I got a Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Spearow, Ekans, Zubat, Paras, Venonat, Meowth, Growlithe, Pinsir.

4 eggs, level 5 atm... Haven't really gone anywhere to do much yet though. 

#204 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

How'd you get the 4 eggs? I only got one and I traveled?

@Kelvin - nvm the prices I mentioned, the prices change based on stats I guess....

Does anyone know how often you can visit Pokémon stores if you have already visited them? I am googling now to try and find the answer but if someone beats me to it, it is much appreciated! I am almost out of pokéballs and I don't have $$ to purchase anymore!

PokéStop answer:

Spoiler

#205 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:33 PM

I'm just going to wait till it comes out for my region I guess lols. It was available a while ago for me, but I faced a few problems -- Google Play claimed my device was incompatible, the apk download always cut off halfway because of overwhelming demand etc. And then they banned my country from playing it, within like a day lols.

I think I will try maybe when it's more stable or something.

#206 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

I need pokestops closer to me :( I drove around like a bit of a maniac at night, used an incense, and caught a bunch of pokemon. The 3 pokestops nearest to me only gave me pokeballs though. I am almost at Level 6 now though.

I've caught wayyy different Pokemon than you. You seem to have found all the cool ones!

Here's what I have so far:

Raticate, Drowzee, Pidgeotto, Spearow, Poliwag, Staryu, Rattata, Paras, Onyx, Poliwag, Zubat, Caterpie, Psyduck, Charmander, Weedle, and Ghastly.

I have no idea which ones to level up and how to best build a team....so I have just been hoarding my stardust and candy for now.

#207 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:38 PM

Well, I hope that day comes soon @HiMyNameIsJunjie !

@Pryanka oh man I want a psyduck!!!! And I am leveling up my favorites... but really trying to get a Butterfree... those don't come by me too often!

I am probably going to go for a drive here soon! I have 5 PokéStops super near me!

Edited by ChaoticBeauty, 08 July 2016 - 09:39 PM.

#208 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:38 PM

I caught it tonight while going to get coffee :p That and the Poliwag!

#209 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

Poliwags are total cuties! I love them!!!! If it would stop raining, I would go for a walk!

I got Exeggute and Nidoran now!!!!

ok, I guess I am going for a drive now! I am out of pokeballs!!!

#210 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:53 PM

http://www.cartelpre...-catch-pikachu/

http://www.cartelpre...-mugged-iphone/

^^ I don't know how true these articles are, but my friends seems to be of the opinion "you gotta risk it for the biscuit", and "this is why we cant have nice things". :)

#211 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

http://www.cartelpre...-catch-pikachu/

http://www.cartelpre...-mugged-iphone/

^^ I don't know how true these articles are, but my friends seems to be of the opinion "you gotta risk it for the biscuit", and "this is why we cant have nice things". :)

Atleast the 2nd one is false: http://www.snopes.co...mon-go-stabbed/

#212 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

There are rumours that if you play the game and it's not released in your country, they'll ban your phone. Not just the account, the whole phone. And that's why I can't play, it's not released here yet, so the maps are empty (it was working when it launched, then stopped).

You are not banned, they just blocked off access/IP for people in unreleased areas. If you are American and you can download the game but having a holiday in Japan. Sorry you cannot play the game.

If you can read Jap,

ypWopOYl.jpg

http://www.gameinfor...233-mon-go.aspx

If you have not started, and want to get Pikachu. But I think there are other wild ones.

Edited by Ka1, 08 July 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#213 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

You are not banned, they just blocked off access/IP for people in unreleased areas. If you are American and you can download the game but having a holiday in Japan. Sorry you cannot play the game.

I know I'm not banned, I didn't say that :p And yes, they blocked us, that's why I can't see anything.

#214 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

ok, so I didn't go to a drive, because my man let me buy 1200 coins for $9.99 since he did already lol

#215 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

I'm still debating on what team to join. Rip. I don't see benefits though

#216 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

I'm still debating on what team to join. Rip. I don't see benefits though

@Chappy https://www.buzzfeed...Egol#.siwP75BmN take the quiz, it will help you decide!

#217 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

Joined Mystic because Blue is the coolest.

Also Flareon. Fuck yes.
w4fVVpp.jpg

#218 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

I'll probably end up on Team Red since the 3 gyms around me are all red atm. Seems like that's what the neighborhood went with. There is one that fights btw red and yellow but the other 2 have been red since being claimed lol

Update: I took the quiz and got Team Valor too!! It is meant to be lol

Edited by Pryanka, 08 July 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#219 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

8JRnFJj.jpg

And a screenie of my best catches so far. I've managed to get myself 6 eggs so far. Have a 5km and a 10km egg incubating now. Just need to do those 10kms lmao

#220 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

@Pryanka yay welcome to team valor!

@Strategist - I have tested it out on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) and I shook my phone for a good while here and there and it counts as walking! It's epic storming out here so I can't walk ad I am impatient. So, if your phone has an exercise tracker/ running and walker tracker, try shaking your phone a lot!

#221 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

How does this thread differ from the other one???

#222 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:19 PM

Ummmm, I guess it's more pertinent to now, since Pokemon Go just came out, I figured it needed a fresh new thread. I haven't read the other thread, but I figured the titles were different meaning different purposes to the thread.

#223 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

I haven't read the other thread, but I figured the titles were different meaning different purposes to the thread.

How could you know if you didn't read it? xD

#224 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

Ummmm, I guess it's more pertinent to now, since Pokemon Go just came out, I figured it needed a fresh new thread. I haven't read the other thread, but I figured the titles were different meaning different purposes to the thread.

http://www.neocodex....-go-ing-mobile/

People were still posting yesterday! :) 

We could probably use extra threads about Pokemon Go when we see where it all ends up going. 

If you're really serious about a topic it's probably most pertinent to read the relevant threads and not just their titles.

#225 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

Yeah you're all right about reading the relevant posts... I still think this is a bit different with the exercise portion of the game and support for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokémongo, pokémon, pokéball, gotta catchem, all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users