• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

I think public breastfeeding is such a non-issue. If I see a woman breastfeeding my natural reaction is to turn my head and look somewhere else. Not stare in disgust. People act like they've never seen a titty before.

Honestly I probably shouldn't have said anything, I knew I'd get some flak over this.

People just have comfort levels over different things. My point was that I personally am uncomfortable over the idea of my wife doing it, but I'm not about to impose that on anyone. I believe public breastfeeding should be allowed and they shouldn't be harassed, I just personally would prefer my wife not do it. I'm not imposing my view onto any strangers, and I'm just minding my own relationship. Relationships are all about compromise.

Anyway, it's not like I meant a woman needs to get her husband's approval to do it or something, it's just common practice in relationships to avoid doing things that make the other uncomfortable. I thought that sounded reasonable.

So your wife should just starve your kid until they get home? Like I get that that's just how you feel but you really need to unpack how unreasonable your feelings are if you want to get married and have kids because trust me once you start popping out kids all the tact and modesty is going to start flying out the window.

#27 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

So your wife should just starve your kid until they get home? Like I get that that's just how you feel but you really need to unpack how unreasonable your feelings are if you want to get married and have kids because trust me once you start popping out kids all the tact and modesty is going to start flying out the window.

Aren't there private areas that she could?

Anyway, I guess I really shouldn't even have posted. I'm nowhere close to the fathering mindset right now, so I assume my point of view on this is very immature. I'd delete my posts if they weren't already quoted. Didn't think my opinion on what my future hypothetical wife does would be a point of contention.

#28 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

Aren't there private areas that she could?

Anyway, I guess I really shouldn't even have posted. I'm nowhere close to the fathering mindset right now, so I assume my point of view on this is very immature. I'd delete my posts if they weren't already quoted. Didn't think my opinion on what my future hypothetical wife does would be a point of contention.

It really depends on where you are. Sometimes there aren't private areas available. I'm just telling you to get ready because once you watch a bloody mucus covered skin sac come out of her vagina you're probably not gonna give that much of a damn about her tits. I'm just saying, prepare yourself now.

#29 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:21 PM

It really depends on where you are. Sometimes there aren't private areas available. I'm just telling you to get ready because once you watch a bloody mucus covered skin sac come out of her vagina you're probably not gonna give that much of a damn about her tits. I'm just saying, prepare yourself now.

If I do watch, I'll most likely pass out in the middle of it, so I doubt I'll be watching long either way. But yeah lol, I get your point.

#30 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

This is all over the news here, I'm kind of surprised actually. Brestfeeding in public is completely normal here, I see it everywhere, bus, subway, train, parks and everyone is ok with it, as it should be.

I've heard that 2 badly-trained police officers were the ones that removed that mother from the park. The thing is that since there has recently been a change of ideology with the new government, many people are against some of its decisions and are always looking for this kinds of incidents to spread the word of how this government is "imposing violence". 

Anyway, I like that women have stood for their rights

#31 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

I'm just telling you to get ready because once you watch a bloody mucus covered skin sac come out of her vagina you're probably not gonna give that much of a damn about her tits.

nopenopenopenope

#32 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

If you think people shouldn't be allowed to breastfeed in public, shame on you. It's a mother feeding a baby, there's nothing wrong with that. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, just look away.

This! My missus has breast fed two of our three boys and in public too. Now, she wasn't too keen on whipping dos tetas out for all to see mind you, but she did use a feeding cover when doing so. I mean shit, at least they're getting fed, some babies in the world don't get that luxury which is very sad indeed.

#33 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

nopenopenopenope

Maybe you can watch them slice her open, and get a good view of her abdominal organs, instead!

#34 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:03 PM

Maybe you can watch them slice her open, and get a good view of her abdominal organs, instead!

That's how I was born!

#35 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

That's how I was born!

Go hug your mom. She went through a lot for you.

#36 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:18 PM

I did this, watched my missus go through 3 caesarean sections, it's quite the spectacle indeed. Very interesting :)

#37 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

If by natural form, you mean complete nudity, then you haven't been to a nudist parade.
There are people who should be covered up.

How about we don't make people feel bad about their bodies in this thread? Or anywhere. Thanks.

Back to the topic of public breastfeeding, I noticed a new installation in the San Antonio International Airport: a breasteeding "pod". Basically a tiny little room off to the side of the food service area where you could go in and breastfeed your little ones without "offending" anyone. Absolutely unnecessary in my opinion - suggesting a woman should have to lock herself into what looked like a 3'x3' room to avoid being bitched at by anyone "uncomfortable" with such a natural act. But on the other hand, I guess it's handy to have a back up plan if any mothers are shy themselves. I think this issue, like most women's issues, is something best left to the women themselves. If you want to breastfeed in public like women have been doing since the dawn of time, then by all means, do it. That is our right. And if someone isn't comfortable with that, it's their right to go sit somewhere else.

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:41 AM

As a woman who has breastfed I have been in many heated arguments over this. From people comparing it to a male ejaculating in public, to people saying we should feed our babies in the bathroom.

In response I usually say:

1) If you think ejaculating is the male equivalent of breastfeeding, please never invite me to your dinners.

2) Would you want to eat where someone shits?

#39 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

People get uncomfortable with breastfeeding because breasts have been sexualized and they are no longer looked at as a way to feed a baby but rather as a naughty bit that should be hid or else you're a hussy. And seeing something sexy such as breasts doing something 'not sexy' such as feeding a baby is an outrage and women should be covered up as to not ruin the illusion that breasts are solely there to be sexy for men. Or whoever else.

Wow sorry that was quite the rant. In short, people who have an issue with public breastfeeding are beyond me.

#40 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

This is insane, breastfeeding a baby is a completely natural and non-sexual action. Just because a few people oversexualize these things and then get offended doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. The mothers could try draping a scarf or a blanket over the baby just for the sake of "modesty" but that should be a choice, not a necessity.

#41 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

I don't know if it's been said yet. But most of the time, when a woman is breastfeeding, you can't even see anything because the baby's gob is around her breast. 

The sexualized part of the breast is the nipple - that's the only part of the female breast that American society has a tendency to censor and that's the part you can't even see usually.

#42 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:34 AM

All for public breastfeeding but I would prefer mom uses one of those drapes.

#43 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Why? What function does it serve? Have you ever eaten under a blanket? Legitimately asking.

#44 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Women's breasts were created for the sole purpose of feeding hungry babies. Those comments that you quoted are sickening.. how can those people say such horrible things about such a natural process... 

Sigh. Today's society puzzles me sometimes. I tend to mind my own business these days and do what I think is right for myself. 

I'll definitely be one of those mummas enforcing what nature intended.

#45 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Back to the topic of public breastfeeding, I noticed a new installation in the San Antonio International Airport: a breasteeding "pod". Basically a tiny little room off to the side of the food service area where you could go in and breastfeed your little ones without "offending" anyone. Absolutely unnecessary in my opinion - suggesting a woman should have to lock herself into what looked like a 3'x3' room to avoid being bitched at by anyone "uncomfortable" with such a natural act. But on the other hand, I guess it's handy to have a back up plan if any mothers are shy themselves. I think this issue, like most women's issues, is something best left to the women themselves. If you want to breastfeed in public like women have been doing since the dawn of time, then by all means, do it. That is our right. And if someone isn't comfortable with that, it's their right to go sit somewhere else.

I'd think a breastfeeding pod was a nice thing if they were meant to be a comfortable place for the moms to do that, but if its there for not "offending" anyone then its just dumb, cause it's something that shouldnt offend anyone.

#46 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

Does it make you uncomfortable to see a perfectly natural bodily function? Something that mothers have been doing to feed their children since the beginning of titties.

#47 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Why? What function does it serve? Have you ever eaten under a blanket? Legitimately asking.

THIS

#48 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:08 AM

For modesty. Same reason I'd rather poop in private even though it's natural and I'm not ashamed to poop and know others poop.

Pretty sure baby wouldn't care if it was eating under a drape.

#49 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:45 AM

For modesty. Same reason I'd rather poop in private even though it's natural and I'm not ashamed to poop and know others poop.

Pretty sure baby wouldn't care if it was eating under a drape.

How does eating equate to taking a shit?

The point here is that you shouldn't have to hide yourself in order to do this. You shouldn't have to do certain things in order to prevent being harassed for feeding your child, you shouldn't have to use formula/breast pump if you don't want to, you shouldn't have to do whatever else. There should be absolutely no issue with naturally feeding your baby in public

#50 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:25 AM

You have to do, what you have to do.

In my opinion, feeding a baby/child, is more important than the ''feelings'' of somebody who is offended by it.

If you can't stand it, watch the other way. 

Seriously, in this day and age, everything is racist/sexist/trans phobic & other weird words.

It annoys me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users