Photo

Settings for abrosia now a days ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 darkharp

darkharp
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Came back after years and seeing how a shop restocks vs before what setting do you guys use?

Like for multiple shops, how many minutes in each shop etc.

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

The General settings here still work: http://www.neocodex....-to-autobuying/

After that, find out the actual buytimes you are getting (the 4 digits before "ms" for each buy), and adjust the pre-haggle/OCR settings until you get like 1500ms or so. That's the lowest buytime you can get before it starts becoming humanly impossible lols.

As for multiple shops, I generally use lists to buy one shop at a time. This also allows you to select what items to grab.

Here is a guide to using and creating such lists on Abrosia: http://www.neocodex....e-free-ab-lists
Here are some lists already made by users: http://www.neocodex....-to-date-lists/

Lastly, with regards to the way the shops clear on your own now, yeah that makes the restock ban checker on Abrosia rather unreliable these days unfortunately. You can disable it however, it's a checkbox which says "Disable restock ban check", something like that.

Hope all this helps!

#3 darkharp

darkharp
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

The General settings here still work: http://www.neocodex....-to-autobuying/

After that, find out the actual buytimes you are getting (the 4 digits before "ms" for each buy), and adjust the pre-haggle/OCR settings until you get like 1500ms or so. That's the lowest buytime you can get before it starts becoming humanly impossible lols.

As for multiple shops, I generally use lists to buy one shop at a time. This also allows you to select what items to grab.

Here is a guide to using and creating such lists on Abrosia: http://www.neocodex....e-free-ab-lists
Here are some lists already made by users: http://www.neocodex....-to-date-lists/

Lastly, with regards to the way the shops clear on your own now, yeah that makes the restock ban checker on Abrosia rather unreliable these days unfortunately. You can disable it however, it's a checkbox which says "Disable restock ban check", something like that.

Hope all this helps!

Thanks for the advice. But even when you do manual one shop, you can't disable that restock checker, would have to increase the time it checks? But then what happens if you are restock banned?

#4 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the advice. But even when you do manual one shop, you can't disable that restock checker, would have to increase the time it checks? But then what happens if you are restock banned?

You can disable the restock checker, just select the checkbox under "Main Shop Settings".

How the checker works, is that it checks the Tiki Tack Shop to see if it is empty as well. However, if Tiki Tack has cleared at the same time as the Shop you are ABing on, you would get a false positive.

The only way to get an accurate restock ban check right now then, is to do it yourself: you need to check at least 3-4 different shops. Usually however, I just let the ABer run. If you are only buying like 2-3 hours a day you are unlikely to get restock banned during like the first hour, for example.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

You can disable the restock checker, just select the checkbox under "Main Shop Settings".

How the checker works, is that it checks the Tiki Tack Shop to see if it is empty as well. However, if Tiki Tack has cleared at the same time as the Shop you are ABing on, you would get a false positive.

The only way to get an accurate restock ban check right now then, is to do it yourself: you need to check at least 3-4 different shops. Usually however, I just let the ABer run. If you are only buying like 2-3 hours a day you are unlikely to get restock banned during like the first hour, for example.

That was the old way of checking. It used to do that before the auto clearing happened. Now if the Tiki Tack is empty it goes and checks other shops to see if they still have items in them, it checks I believe 3-5 shops for a ban. Though you can still get a false positive if all the shops it checked have cleared at the same time. 

#6 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

That was the old way of checking. It used to do that before the auto clearing happened. Now if the Tiki Tack is empty it goes and checks other shops to see if they still have items in them, it checks I believe 3-5 shops for a ban. Though you can still get a false positive if all the shops it checked have cleared at the same time.

Oh cool! Wasn't aware of that, thanks for the clarification! :D

In that case, I guess you can go ahead and try out the Restock Ban Checker instead, without disabling it. I would use the default settings with that ("Check for RS ban removal every 15 minutes"), that seems to work fine.

#7 darkharp

darkharp
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

I'm doing one shop and loading my own list, so just keep the restock check default at 15 minutes?

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

I'm doing one shop and loading my own list, so just keep the restock check default at 15 minutes?

That should be fine, if you find that it's a problem you can always change the time for checks or disable the checking all together. 

#9 darkharp

darkharp
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

That should be fine, if you find that it's a problem you can always change the time for checks or disable the checking all together. 

Alright thanks:)

2 random questions

I'm assuming the attic doesn't work no more?

Did they fix the battledome etc.defenders of neopia trophies.

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Alright thanks:)

2 random questions

I'm assuming the attic doesn't work no more?

Did they fix the battledome etc.defenders of neopia trophies.

The AAA doesn't work anymore, that's correct. 

Defenders of neopia isn't working either, so I don't think they've done anything with the trophies. I haven't heard of there being issues with the trophies for that or with the BD though, but if there are, I doubt they're fixed. TNT doesn't really seem to care too much about fixing trophies. The AC ones from ACX when KI won still say "1st place" under HW, who won ACIX. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users