• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM

Hey guys. I have been super dumb and not posted lately because I've been too sick and depressed lol. Anyways, what's shakin' bacon? How's life? Tell me all the things.

giphy.gif

#2 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

My sister is getting engaged soon, so any plans I have for getting married are on hold because I am not about to compete with a dramatic princess. It's ok.

My parents are coming to visit next week and I'm really excited to see my mom even though I just saw her in August, twice in a year is rare lol.

I'm tired. That's life.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

School started again.

It's hard.

Who wants to read assembly and hexadecimal for me?

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Life's life am i rite

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

Shit happened, but that's over for now. I think.

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

I graduated from uni with a degree in Anthropology. I don't want anything to do with it anymore unless it's museum-related.

I'm starting a new job on Monday at a startup trying to automate HR/hiring/firing/recruiting. It's exciting but the pay is shit. Got 2 calls lined up for an IT job so we'll see what happens.

Chappy moved in with me. It's pretty awesome how much more is left to learn after knowing someone for a gajillion years.

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:02 AM

I work for about 10 hours a day. I drink coffee. I sleep.

Rinse and repeat.

T_T

#8 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

I've come to the realization that I need a second job to be able to live the lifestyle I want and I'm sad

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

School is fucking hard but I gotta deal with it.

Started taking medication for depression again and oh boy what wonders it's doing. I got a couple side effects from it but nothing that compares to how I was feeling before lmao now I don't feel like not doing anything because I'm sad; only because I'm tired of school, which is normal. I also started therapy, but only had one session for now - she didn't say anything I didn't know, but it's totally different to hear from someone that never met you before, and I'm trying to apply the stuff she told me to my daily life, which seems to be working a bit.

#10 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

I'm getting used to my new job and for the most part I like it!

Had a major fuckup today though. Hopefully I won't get written up for it...

#11 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

Many changes at work. Kinda exciting but also kinda scary. Been sick as well for like 2 weeks but kept on working lol. Eventually went to the doctor to get stronger meds, and also put on a jacket (cos I have the flu) and it seems to help.

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

I turned twenty six this week. It's kind of been overwhelming, not because I don't want to be twenty six but because the past year has been emotionally draining af. I've had a lot of panic lately but I'm also happier than I have ever been. I started going to yoga classes again and it seems to be helping. 

I got Odyssey for my switch and I like it, not as much as BotW though ;P

#13 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

Like everyone already said, been busy with work and school.

Made it past my three month mark at my new job. I’ve been exclusively working in commercial real estate but for the last two weeks I’ve been working in wills and estates. So totally different than corporate and what I’m used to (I’m just helping to cover someone who is on vacation) but it’s been so interesting and fun. I also never imagined making this much money before I’m even done school. We got a new apartment that’s ridiculously expensive and I love it with all my heart. For the first time ever I’m living somewhere with granite counter tops and hardwood floors and it’s bright and newly renovated and lovely.

I’m going to visit home and on vacation with my bestfriend in a month. Life is looking up.

How’s everything with you Coops?

#14 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:42 AM

I am still learning Japanese. I passed the lowest level test in summer and will take the next one in December. It's really low level but I still feel like I have to study so much.
Surprisingly I will be visiting the US again in two weeks. Sometimes my company is really spontaneous with those things but if I get a free trip, I guess I'm not complaining. It's in a sort of remote location in California though so I don't think I can meet up with anyone from the forums ;;

#15 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

Here it is autumn - the leaves are turning colors, and it's quite pretty.

We have been looking for a new home for months now, and no luck.

There was one home I was OVER THE TOP IN LOVE WITH, and we bid on it. We actually bid slightly over their asking price because I wanted it so much - and we were outbid. I kicked myself for not bidding higher until our real estate agent mentioned we were outbid by "a substantial margin" ... so I guess someone wanted the house much more then we did.

Now part of the problem is every home I see I compare to the one I lost, and it really doesn't measure up. I do want to find something soon though, as I don't want to move in the winter again.

So I'm getting ready for a weekend of house hunting * fingers crossed *

#16 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

I've been very depressed so sorry for posting and then not replying. :| 

My sister is getting engaged soon, so any plans I have for getting married are on hold because I am not about to compete with a dramatic princess. It's ok.

My parents are coming to visit next week and I'm really excited to see my mom even though I just saw her in August, twice in a year is rare lol.

I'm tired. That's life.

I saw you were on your way with your parents somewhere. I hope you guys have a blast. I know you really need the break rn. <3

School started again.

It's hard.

Who wants to read assembly and hexadecimal for me?

How do you like school so far? Any interesting classes you taking?

Life's life am i rite

Big mood.

Shit happened, but that's over for now. I think.

Sorry you been dealing with some stuff. :c Hope you're doing well. Have you made any incredible meals lately? 

I graduated from uni with a degree in Anthropology. I don't want anything to do with it anymore unless it's museum-related.

I'm starting a new job on Monday at a startup trying to automate HR/hiring/firing/recruiting. It's exciting but the pay is shit. Got 2 calls lined up for an IT job so we'll see what happens.

Chappy moved in with me. It's pretty awesome how much more is left to learn after knowing someone for a gajillion years.

Congrats on graduating and moving in with Chappy. I'm sure you'll be learning lots about her for years.

I work for about 10 hours a day. I drink coffee. I sleep.

Rinse and repeat.

T_T

You also spend lots of time with @Lollita and Riley <3 Hope you guys are doing well.

I've come to the realization that I need a second job to be able to live the lifestyle I want and I'm sad

Does it involve lots of cannabis? 

School is fucking hard but I gotta deal with it.

Started taking medication for depression again and oh boy what wonders it's doing. I got a couple side effects from it but nothing that compares to how I was feeling before lmao now I don't feel like not doing anything because I'm sad; only because I'm tired of school, which is normal. I also started therapy, but only had one session for now - she didn't say anything I didn't know, but it's totally different to hear from someone that never met you before, and I'm trying to apply the stuff she told me to my daily life, which seems to be working a bit.

Dude, I'm fucking proud of you for taking steps to deal with your mental health. I know that shit is hard. You're doing great buddy. <3

I'm getting used to my new job and for the most part I like it!

Had a major fuckup today though. Hopefully I won't get written up for it...

Did you get written up? How's the job going?

Many changes at work. Kinda exciting but also kinda scary. Been sick as well for like 2 weeks but kept on working lol. Eventually went to the doctor to get stronger meds, and also put on a jacket (cos I have the flu) and it seems to help.

Sorry you're not doing well. That always really sucks. :( 

I turned twenty six this week. It's kind of been overwhelming, not because I don't want to be twenty six but because the past year has been emotionally draining af. I've had a lot of panic lately but I'm also happier than I have ever been. I started going to yoga classes again and it seems to be helping. 

I got Odyssey for my switch and I like it, not as much as BotW though ;P

Happy belated birthday. <3 How do you like your yoga classes? I feel like we talked about this a bit because I remember you mentioning that hot yoga class and I was like "ew no thank you". 

Like everyone already said, been busy with work and school.

Made it past my three month mark at my new job. I’ve been exclusively working in commercial real estate but for the last two weeks I’ve been working in wills and estates. So totally different than corporate and what I’m used to (I’m just helping to cover someone who is on vacation) but it’s been so interesting and fun. I also never imagined making this much money before I’m even done school. We got a new apartment that’s ridiculously expensive and I love it with all my heart. For the first time ever I’m living somewhere with granite counter tops and hardwood floors and it’s bright and newly renovated and lovely.

I’m going to visit home and on vacation with my bestfriend in a month. Life is looking up.

How’s everything with you Coops?

Aww your new apartment sounds cute as fuck. Congrats on your work milestone too! That's always nice. Hope you enjoy your vacay. 

I am still learning Japanese. I passed the lowest level test in summer and will take the next one in December. It's really low level but I still feel like I have to study so much.
Surprisingly I will be visiting the US again in two weeks. Sometimes my company is really spontaneous with those things but if I get a free trip, I guess I'm not complaining. It's in a sort of remote location in California though so I don't think I can meet up with anyone from the forums ;;

Congrats on passing your test! I bet that's been very challenging. Are you excited for your trip to the US?

Here it is autumn - the leaves are turning colors, and it's quite pretty.

We have been looking for a new home for months now, and no luck.

There was one home I was OVER THE TOP IN LOVE WITH, and we bid on it. We actually bid slightly over their asking price because I wanted it so much - and we were outbid. I kicked myself for not bidding higher until our real estate agent mentioned we were outbid by "a substantial margin" ... so I guess someone wanted the house much more then we did.

Now part of the problem is every home I see I compare to the one I lost, and it really doesn't measure up. I do want to find something soon though, as I don't want to move in the winter again.

So I'm getting ready for a weekend of house hunting * fingers crossed *

Dang that sucks. Buying a house can be so stressful too, and sometimes it feels like you look and look and nothing is quite right. At least that's how it was for me when we did it. Good luck house hunting this weekend though! 

#17 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

Sorry you're not doing well. That always really sucks. :(

Thank yoou for the sentiment. Really appreciate how you take the time to read and reply to every response thoughtfully and sincerely. I've since recovered from the flu, still keep picking up some minor symptoms here and there but that's normal lol. Work though...at least i'm getting a promotion. Pay hasn't been discussed yet but it should be an increase starting the coming month. My existing manager isn't happy about it and still noticeably hates me though, but ehh.

I hope you do better soon as well Coops. Had my own depressive episodes during these times so I know it really sucks. Is there some way you can get some assistance or support as well? 

#18 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

Spoiler

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

@Coops School's great. Have a couple classes that are harder than others, but it's because one deals with the complexity of IT security, and the other is a incredibly dull prep course for our 4th semester final project.

I've been taking a Client-Server course that's always a ton of fun. I keep working ahead because I just like sitting down and doing the labs if I don't have any other homework to do.

#20 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:12 AM

My Codex account turned 14, which is almost half my life now and a tremendous waste of almost half my life at that.

My marriage turned 9. Which as a 29-year-old in London, makes us realise more and more that I was practically a child bride. The last year or two we've started going to all our friends' weddings and we're coming up to a whole decade married.

The Boy turned 30, which is terrifying because to me he'll forever be an impossibly cool 18-year-old that I can't believe even talks to me, let alone loves me.

We sold our house and moved to a different part of London. It's wonderful, but I was so attached to our home and it did break my heart a bit to leave even though it was time for a new chapter. Still trying to find my feet in a whole new bit of the city after years of Kentish Town.

Started a part-time Masters degree. 

Added a very small version of us to the family.

#21 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

Thank yoou for the sentiment. Really appreciate how you take the time to read and reply to every response thoughtfully and sincerely. I've since recovered from the flu, still keep picking up some minor symptoms here and there but that's normal lol. Work though...at least i'm getting a promotion. Pay hasn't been discussed yet but it should be an increase starting the coming month. My existing manager isn't happy about it and still noticeably hates me though, but ehh.

I hope you do better soon as well Coops. Had my own depressive episodes during these times so I know it really sucks. Is there some way you can get some assistance or support as well? 

Congrats on your promotion! That's incredible and I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I imagine the flu is making its rounds now. 

I should probably get some help this time around. I've had depression my whole life and it was pretty well-managed until recently. I know I need to get back on anti-depressants or at least back in therapy, but taking that first step is very difficult. I think my recent additional health problems has really fucked with my mental stability lol. Thank you for being supportive and understanding though. I appreciate the people who have made an effort to reach out to me and it helps when you hear other people have the same experiences. Depression sucks, yo.

@Coops School's great. Have a couple classes that are harder than others, but it's because one deals with the complexity of IT security, and the other is a incredibly dull prep course for our 4th semester final project.

I've been taking a Client-Server course that's always a ton of fun. I keep working ahead because I just like sitting down and doing the labs if I don't have any other homework to do.

That's great dude! I'm sorry the prep course is dull. It's hard to be motivated when you don't like the class lol. What is you final project on?

My Codex account turned 14, which is almost half my life now and a tremendous waste of almost half my life at that.

My marriage turned 9. Which as a 29-year-old in London, makes us realise more and more that I was practically a child bride. The last year or two we've started going to all our friends' weddings and we're coming up to a whole decade married.

The Boy turned 30, which is terrifying because to me he'll forever be an impossibly cool 18-year-old that I can't believe even talks to me, let alone loves me.

We sold our house and moved to a different part of London. It's wonderful, but I was so attached to our home and it did break my heart a bit to leave even though it was time for a new chapter. Still trying to find my feet in a whole new bit of the city after years of Kentish Town.

Started a part-time Masters degree. 

Added a very small version of us to the family.

Congrats on your anniversary and new addition to the family! Also, it's really great you're going for a masters. What are you going to be studying? My own marriage turns 7 this year and I've been with my husband for 10 years this year. It's wild. I was practically a child bride too lmao. I'm only 25 right now and some of my friends are getting married and I think it's weird seeing them all get married when I've been with my husband for a decade, married for 7 years and established. 

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

That's great dude! I'm sorry the prep course is dull. It's hard to be motivated when you don't like the class lol. What is you final project on?

No idea yet. One of the purposes of the class is to decide on a project and prepare to do it next semester.

#23 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:30 AM

Did you get written up? How's the job going?

Nah, the senior designer just sort of passed it off like it was nothing. Still made me feel bad though.

#24 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

I've been very depressed so sorry for posting and then not replying. :| 

Dang that sucks. Buying a house can be so stressful too, and sometimes it feels like you look and look and nothing is quite right. At least that's how it was for me when we did it. Good luck house hunting this weekend though! 

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with depression. I also struggle with it. You mentioned your health problems - my health issues are pretty much the direct cause of my depression too. I haven't found an answer for me yet, but for now meds are helping me. I hope you can get some help and feel better soon.

I didn't find any homes I liked this weekend, but I did see a listing for a home I'm interested in. It's not the typical kind of home I would have looked at, but it's intriguing ...

It was built in 1858, and used to be the Village Schoolhouse (back when they were all in one room!) It's got that kinda rustic charm that grabbed me, though the listing says "TLC Needed" which can mean anything from needing cosmetics (paint, carpet, new molding, etc) to the roof is about to fall in. I'm waiting for our agent to get some info and call us back, but I'm kinda excited because it's the first house I've seen in awhile that I really liked. Here's hoping this all goes well. :)

#25 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:36 PM

Hey guys. I have been super dumb and not posted lately because I've been too sick and depressed lol. Anyways, what's shakin' bacon? How's life? Tell me all the things.

giphy.gif

This is relatable all around - been in a huge funk and all I've been able to do lately is curl up in bed and watch The Office. I wish we didn't live so far apart because we'd totally bond irl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users