Photo

Lyra and the lost heirloom plot

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

A new mini game has been released today! I updated the first post.

#27 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

Stay to the right.  As you pass an obstacle move to the front of that obstacle and stay in either the center or right lane.  Do not try to jump all three lanes.  Moderately hard.

#28 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

470c805abfae402429537a6bbd36cfb1.pnggiphy.gif

#29 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

What do yall think of the coins? I feel like there has to be a purpose for them plot point wise. The boards are unsure but I'm probably gonna collect as much as I can without wanting to kill myself

#30 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

I personally think it would be more profitable to complete the plot on multiple accounts. Like c'mon. It takes at most 40 minutes of clicking and gameplay. If you complete the achievements on one account, the rest is a breeze. The coins are nice, but by the chance that they don't mean shit other than achievements, with multiple accounts you have something to fall back upon.

And as far as I see, there is no incentive to do so. Think of the previous plot. The only reward outside of achievements is the Healing potion subquest and with that, they did include a blurb in saying that top potion donators would benefit with something. We have nothing to go by with the coins. 

#31 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Welp, finished the game achievements. At first, I thought there was no way. After about 30 minutes of gameplay, it was super easy. Seems like once you hit 400 obstacles, they restart the game regardless of whether you crash or how many lives you have... so thats approximately 10 minutes for that achievement. 

#32 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:19 AM

This game was infuriating at first, but then I took Ghostmommy's advice and got all achievements in 10 minutes. :p

I really want this plot to be over.

#33 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

I really want this plot to be over

I really want this plot to be over.

#34 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Whyyyyy is there always some sort of bullshit with their plots?

Keeping Up achievement is apparently available with the new chapter, but I am unable to get it (as are many others apparently).

#35 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

Yes, I am having the same problem. Apparently the archievement appears a bit later for a lot of users, but as long as we've "read" every part of the story we should get the archievement.

Edit: The text of the archievement has now changed and required you to read 10 chapters on the day of their release. Apparently that is glitchy too, as there are numerous users claiming to have read them on release day - it is unclear if they mean "literally the same Neopian day" or "within 24 hours" - and not getting the archievement, and a few claiming not to have read them on release day and still getting it.

Edited by Perdita, 01 March 2019 - 05:23 AM.

#36 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

I didn't get it on any of my accounts.  Shitonashingle.

#37 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:19 PM

Yes, I am having the same problem. Apparently the archievement appears a bit later for a lot of users, but as long as we've "read" every part of the story we should get the archievement.

Edit: The text of the archievement has now changed and required you to read 10 chapters on the day of their release. Apparently that is glitchy too, as there are numerous users claiming to have read them on release day - it is unclear if they mean "literally the same Neopian day" or "within 24 hours" - and not getting the archievement, and a few claiming not to have read them on release day and still getting it.

It's just pure bullshit in my opinion. If the plot lasted for a month with 2-3 days per release, then yeah, reading the shitty plot on the day of release would be understandable. 

But,

this was unevenly spread over a period of 4 months with events like the Advent Calendar delaying each release (which in my opinion is the dumbest thing. Like they expect us to be too overwhelmed with a reading plot AND a daily clickable.). 

#38 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

wait there are new steps

#39 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

One of the achievements is reading the fugshuggena comic every fugshuggena day the fugshuggena piece o'crap was released.  

#40 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Well what's even more ridiculous about this is that it's very clear that the plot was intended to be longer with more chapters. This achievement was likely designed with that concept in mind. However, they severely shortened the plot with huge storyline gaps and only 14 chapters released at odd intervals so this achievement makes no sense. 

Edited by renegade, 01 March 2019 - 03:53 PM.

#41 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

I somehow don't rule out that they changed the archievement later and it was originally intended to reward everyone who clicked through the plot regardless of the day. I already suspected the archievement must be something like this by the text "can't get enough of the Xendricks, can you?" but this still wasn't enough incentive for me to click through the story, let alone read it.

Apparently TNT have issues staying online due to power outages; maybe they'll get around to finding another solution for this archievement during the next week or so.

Also, have you noticed that as of now only chapter 1 is still avaible? Check it out: http://www.neopets.c...helostheirloom/

#42 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:57 AM

The plot has ended. The prize shop will be open for purchases early next week.

This is new.

#43 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

Question: Does the Legend and Letters app actually continue the story of this plot thing?

#44 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

From what I can gather, the Legends and Letters is centred around Aurrick and set in the future after this shamozzle of a 'plot'.

#45 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

Gotta love how the specifics of the "Keeping up with the Xendriks" isn't revealed until after the plot ends.

Even with that, I feel like the story is incomplete, and I kind of wish they illustrated some of the last page and not give us walls of text for us to read.

#46 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

How is it just gonna end with a boat chase, like so anti-climatic what trash

#47 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:58 PM

It's not even a plot as such, I would barely even class it as an 'event' -_- smh

Although in expressing my disappointment, I can say I'm not surprised at all.

#48 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

I expect so little yet still I am disappointed

#49 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

The Blaze is a dual-duty weapon.  10 Fire, 1-6 physical and blocks 2/3 of water and dark.   So dark was worthless after HCC was released, but lot of KBTs out there just good pwned.  Desert Crossbow does 6 fire and 2 light.

Edited by GhostMommy, 08 March 2019 - 07:45 AM.

#50 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

I made the right choice doing all the achievements across multiple accounts, but I only got three accounts to get enough points to get the blaze. The others were shy like 50-100 points because they didn't "read" enough. 

I'm surprised the cost of the stamp was so low. I've read that if you've done like 3 achievements, you can afford it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users