Photo

database - frequent mispricing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 playstation666

playstation666
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:14 PM

i bought membership for access to the restock list function (no AB, just wanted an easy reference list). unfortunately, it seems like even with people doing frequent updates of item prices, the prices are all wildly different than what's actually in the SSW

whats going on? are they just spambots doing it? :(

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:59 PM

Database prices aren’t the lowest an item will sell for so they can be off. Prices are done by Abrosia in the background and neon AP auto pricer. Neither of those have access to the SSW.

#3 MrFluffums

MrFluffums
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 09:59 AM

I noticed this as well. I came upon this site looking for a searchable list of Est. Value to cross-reference with Jellyneo (preferably sorted by shop stock,) and it did me one up by having Est. Value profitability based on verified prices, but it seems like many of the price updates make the list unusable for anything except Est. Value. At first, this looked incredibly promising, and I was eager to contribute to pricing data.

What the admin said makes sense, but it makes me wish there was some way to submit a manual fix for egregious mispricing similar to Jellyneo, as there doesn't seem to be any way to counter these automated mispricings.

I'm a new player RSing junk, and even at a glance, I see almost every item R1-89 mispriced by 100%+ of its value, completely misrepresenting any estimates at profitability, and in many cases making an item that's nowhere near profitable show up as green. Unfortunately, this makes it functionally useless as anything more than an Est. Value search engine that automatically does the 1.4~1.9 shop inflation math for you, as I feel that the profitability function is just a downgrade from a Greasemonkey script adding a Jellyneo button. I would assume this probably makes the generated Restock Lists similarly useless, but for high-profit % only, high rarity items it likely gets overlooked due to being "close enough." Sadly, this would make it much less useful than one would hope due to RS lists that are still updated to this day like ~Sanskrit for such "high-profit % only" lists, as this tool could otherwise be quite powerful for lesser-known items to RS between big purchases.

Edit: I found this post while looking for information on how to submit pricing info, and found the Admin's answer unsavory, but helpful.

Edited by MrFluffums, 21 June 2022 - 10:00 AM.

#4 playstation666

playstation666
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:31 PM

Database prices aren’t the lowest an item will sell for so they can be off. Prices are done by Abrosia in the background and neon AP auto pricer. Neither of those have access to the SSW.

Is there a way to contribute prices to the website at all, as someone with access to the ssw?

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2022 - 07:46 AM

https://www.neocodex...nder-500-posts/

#6 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 05:12 PM

There are a few compounding problems, both of which trace back to lower numbers of users. On Neo, there are just less shops than there used to be, and item prices can vary kind of wildly from one section of the shop wizard to another. Anecdotally, we also have less people on Codex than we used to, so the number of people running Neon etc is also lower.

Back in the day I used to run Neon frequently literally only to help update the database, but I haven't even done that in years and I imagine I am not the only one.

#7 zionplex

zionplex
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 06:30 PM

mispricing isn't the issue, ambrosia is literally broken, and you got the solution a link to a thread from 2011 lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users