Photo

WinXP Shutdown Notice

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:08 AM

Erm, recently, I just got this dialog box saying that an error occured and it'll shutdown the system in 30 seconds  :p   :o   :) One weird thing about this is that this also happens at other computers in our neighbors. It usually happens the ti'me you just got connected to the NET

wth is this?  :p   :p

#2 LightSabre

LightSabre
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 07:20 AM

Erm, recently, I just got this dialog box saying that an error occured and it'll shutdown the system in 30 seconds  :p   :o   :) One weird thing about this is that this also happens at other computers in our neighbors. It usually happens the ti'me you just got connected to the NET

wth is this?  :p   :p

View Post

Could be one of the variants of the sasser worm; type 'shutdown -a' after selecting 'Run' from the start menu to abort the shutdown.  B)

And try to weed out the virus of course.  :D

Edited by LightSabre, 26 November 2004 - 07:21 AM.

#3 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:26 AM

yeah my guess would be virus oin your computer but have no other ideas :happybday:

#4 tehsky

tehsky
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:45 AM

I had this and I found it was called the Blaster worm... and as LightSabre said, it could also be a variant of the Sasser worm...
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
That's a link that contains a removal tool of the Blaster worm... still, you could just google the Sasser worm.

#5 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

Run windows updates & an antivirus prog, that should fix it.

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:42 PM

I have gotten that error before. It's not a virus or anything, it is when windows xp accidently erm.. kills one of your services needed to run the kernel. It's basically the "On Error GoTo" equivilent in vb :)

If it happens again, your comp may have cobwebs. :) just kidding

#7 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:13 AM

Hmm, the box is different from the one shown when you kill a windows process. Anyway, my father also said that there is no removal for it but you need to run the fix as soon as the box shows up :D

#8 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:32 AM

my friend got that he had to have a service on his pc and all his data got wiped :D hope it doesn't come to that though

#9 Le Chango

Le Chango
  • 1026 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

ya that happened to me cept it was a minute, I just booted the comp back up and used my AV program

#10 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:08 PM

yep its a virus I'm sure of it because I had it and had to download ths special thing that fixed it eventualy if you dont get it fixed it messes up ur intier computer  I forgot the name of the virus though. lol

#11 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 08:01 PM

If you have a firewall, you should be fine. It won't work with Windows XP's firewall on (at least not on my comp.)

#12 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:05 AM

bro sorry to tell u, but u have coolwebsearch in your pc, or one of it's variants, also when u get rid of it, it will corrupt your winsock, so get ready for some major fixing,

I know this because I have had every type of everything oin my pc,

#13 Cooliodoc

Cooliodoc
  • 1244 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:15 AM

Have you tried setting back your computer clock like a day when it happens, that ususally helps to give you some ti'me. might not work but hopefully it will.

#14 Dark_Eco_Freak

Dark_Eco_Freak
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, that setting date thing sounds like the System Restore Function. You pick a date when your computer is working perfectly, then run it when it's not and it will bring your computer back to the ti'me when it worked :D

#15 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:44 AM

no in the 30 seconds u have, boot the pc in safe mode, then u have to edit your registry(I don't recommend thid is u don't know what u are doin) or u can use norton to clean your system, make sure u don't corrupt your winsock, or your tcp/ip because that is messed up.

#16 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:04 PM

Jesus, u people no not what you speak of.  This is the Blaster Worm.  Pure and si'mple, I get it everyti'me I connect to the internet(before I installed the patch)  The easiest way to get rid of it is to boot like normal.  Before connecting to the internet do the 3 finger salute (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and kill the blaster.exe process, connect to the internet, goto http://www.symantec.com and DL the  virus removal tool.  Then goto http://www.microsoft.com and get the full-fledged patch.  Then reboot you system and everything will be cured. :angry:

Your bill comes to $923704.98

Payment in full tomorrow :)

#17 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:41 AM

that works to.

#18 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:32 PM

Or..go on another pc, and burn a disk with:

Blaster Fix
XP SP1
Updated Antivirus Soft

afterwards go online & update 'doze

#19 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:01 AM

lol, I figured out that I can't get the Blaster patch if it IS from Microsoft cause I use w*** WinXP.......

(I heard Microsoft feeds your BIOS with junk, much like Chernobyll, if you got pirate Microsoft software...)

#20 Cooliodoc

Cooliodoc
  • 1244 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:15 AM

well then, just get the virus remover that'l do for now then hehe

#21 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:22 PM

Cata, if that dont work, ill be off of codex for long ti'me.

Oh, cata, what if you DONT HAVE BLASTER AS A PROCESS?  (damn, you wanna know the irony guys?  I got this CENSORED ing virus AFTER I downloaded Kasperky, WHAT THE CENSORED ?!!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

I WILL BE INACTIVE FOR AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNF OF Ti'mE!

Edited by S!l3nt Assassin, 14 December 2004 - 09:57 PM.

#22 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:11 AM

u might want to download a security update [from microsoft.com]

after u get rid of the blasta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users