• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:20 PM

Lately I have been noticing a lot of ani'mosity directed towards the administrators of Neocodex. The public has been expressing their opinions to the way we handle things in a manner that is not permissible at all. Although we appreciate your opinions and suggestions, please understand that we are also under a lot of pressure to make sure that things run smoothly on Neocodex.  Almost all of you have no idea what it takes to keep the board running, to organize new events, to come out with new programs, to make sure all of the PHP is written and that there are no bugs in it. Were not asking you to love us for all that we do, because that would make you all yes-men and we hate that. All we ask is that you be a little patient with us someti'mes because we are also human. We may do things that you do not agree with but it doesn’t help any to yell at us and tell us that you hate the way we run things. There is a way to do things on Neocodex and we urge you all to follow protocol when you are expressing your dislike to something we do. Please realize that being an administrator of a board this size is not an easy job and we are doing our best. You can all help us by following protocol and not doing what I have said above. I leave you with a quote from an administrator during an admin meeting:

if this goes on anymore, I'm going to have to see a psychiatrist..

#2 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Yes, Mr Hydrogen sir. If you need any help you can always unblock me on MSN...

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:29 PM

that is all besides the point. The point here is the news post I made. Its real I'mportant guys.

#4 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:31 PM

this IS really I'mportant... go a little easier on us, ok? :)

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

I dont think were asking for too much here either :(

#6 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

yea very true the admins are only people not robots. So be nice to them, they are only trying to do whats in the best interest for all the members.

#7 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

I dont think were asking for too much here either :(

View Post

absolutely not. in fact, you should get MORE respect then other people.

Admins, I salute you.

With a banana.  :nana:

Go admins!

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:39 PM

absolutely not. in fact, you should get MORE respect then other people.

Admins, I salute you.
With a banana.  :nana:

Go admins!

View Post

Thats fine, we dont do what we do because we want respect or want the fame...we do it because we love doing it. It just helps if you guys dont yell at us in the process :(

#9 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

Well, you're the only admin I really know HydroGen, but if the other admins are as helpful as you, then I can't begin to I'mmagine a reason there would be problems.

#10 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

Hmmm, I guess I dont understand this, I dont see it. But the admins work way to hard. I salute u.

#11 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

its only with some members icey, not all...a lot of you are respectful :) . it happens more on msn :(

#12 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

:devil:   :angry:   :devil:   :angry:   :devil:   :angry:

:nana:

#13 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

Shame on all of you that pushed Hydro far enough to have to make a topic about this; shame shame shame! You all know who you are.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

I hardly see any more flaming now that trevors gone... :p

but

amen

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:08 PM

Shame on all of you that pushed Hydro far enough to have to make a topic about this; shame shame shame! You all know who you are.

View Post

its not really me who this post is about...I have a high tolerance for this type of stuff, but I have been feeling the effects of it as well :( .

#16 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

its not really me who this post is about...I have a high tolerance for this type of stuff, but I have been feeling the effects of it as well :( .

View Post

Okay, then shame on all of you that pushed Hydro far enough to have to make this topic for someone else; shame shame shame! You all know who you are.

Edited by Stryyp, 03 April 2005 - 02:12 PM.

#17 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:11 PM

Lots of rebels here... :WTF:

#18 MosNanDa

MosNanDa
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

Your very right...We should respect and be patient :(

#19 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

Brad stop ass-licking.

#20 Dark_Eco_Freak

Dark_Eco_Freak
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

I run my own board, I know the pressures of being an admin, and that's with maybe 15 people. I really salute you, trying to handle 1000.

#21 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

Pressure? You don't know pressure compared to some of the boards I've been on, infact neocodex admin have it easy compared to boards with 60,000 plus members.

#22 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

I'm also a admin on a tiny baord its hard. the board I do has almost no members and that a ahrd enough strugle right now I cant I'magin what its like for the admins here.

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

Pressure? You don't know pressure compared to some of the boards I've been on, infact neocodex admin have it easy compared to boards with 60,000 plus members.

View Post

I agree, the more members you have, the more pressure you have...but were just saying that were reaching our li'mit :( ...were trying hard and it doesnt help when people arent cooperative...

#24 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

Hopefully that doesn't involve me, I try to help out when I can, and truthfully, if you do open up registrations, you'll need a new admin (or demote a few unactive ones)

#25 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

have you ever thought abot ading the the admin staff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users