• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:38 AM

I have finished writing another mod for the board. This one allows you to see warnings that take place on our forums publicly. Now, you guys are used to seeing warnings below your name in topics that you all post in.

Description of the Modification
This modification will revolutionize the way that we use the warning system. You will still be able to see your own warn log under your name in topics, but from now on, every time a moderator warns someone, a new topic and post is immediately created in a new forum that I have created. That forum is under the banned and suspended members called warned members.

How This Modification Will Help Us
Since I have seen a lot of moderators offering very vague and ambiguous reasons for warning members, I made a system that shows these reasons to the entire board. This means that when moderators warn now, they have to give a proper reason to do so, since the entire board will be constantly checking what the reason is. Any kind of corruption will most likely be rooted out and democracy will be upheld. (Hey, I sound kind of like George Bush huh? :p )

Anyway, this modification allows us to do a lot of things and was very simple to write too. Its my kind of modification ;) :p . It only took me about 30 minutes to write and debug. Another 30 minutes to find out how the warn system works and find where to put the code and stuff like that.

Enjoy :) .

Administrators: I have documented the modification and its source code along with any xml files needed for quick and easy installation.

#2 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

:o this should be helpful :)

#3 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:42 AM

cool great job hydro :D

#4 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:43 AM

kool I wonder he will be first in the warn section

#5 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

good idea :) I look forward to getting on to see it :p

#6 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:50 AM

It will be good to see this. I have not warned anyone.. Great mod Hydro :)

#7 AUS

AUS
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:50 AM

kool I wonder he will be first in the warn section

View Post

I don't know... but I'm looking my hardest for our first victim!  :devil:

Ignore the fact that I dont think I have ever warned anyone in my life. :p

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

I don't know... but I'm looking my hardest for our first victim!  :devil:

Ignore the fact that I dont think I have ever warned anyone in my life. :p

View Post

I just searched the DB and there is no one that AUS has warned :D

#9 Jamie

Jamie
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

'I have finished writing another mod for the board.'

I dident know you make these mods by yourself

Clever hydro  huh  :p

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:58 AM

'I have finished writing another mod for the board.'

I dident know you make these mods by yourself

Clever hydro  huh  :p

View Post

lol yea, I have made about 7 mods for the board :p ...its not that hard anymore but it used to be like on the first one. I'm thinking of starting a business for this. taking mod requests and stuff and even installing it for people if they want it. but I'm just thinking.

#11 Jamie

Jamie
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:01 AM

lol yea, I have made about 7 mods for the board :p ...its not that hard anymore but it used to be like on the first one. I'm thinking of starting a business for this. taking mod requests and stuff and even installing it for people if they want it. but I'm just thinking.

View Post

Go for it  :D

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

Go for it  :D

View Post

if there is a lot of demand...I'm not sure that ill be able to keep up with it :(

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

Booyah! Now I can't get warned for ridiculous reasons.  :D

#14 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

if there is a lot of demand...I'm not sure that ill be able to keep up with it :(

View Post

you will jsut tell them to wait! lol simple as that :p and I can be your 'complaints office' :lol: I will deal with them  :devil:

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

you will jsut tell them to wait! lol simple as that :p and I can be your 'complaits offoce' :lol: I will deal with them  :devil:  

View Post

Yes! Robert will beat people with stinky fishes if they... if they... complain.  :p

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

you will jsut tell them to wait! lol simple as that :p and I can be your 'complaits offoce' :lol: I will deal with them  :devil:

View Post

hmm...well if I do do that, it will be after I do the mdos in queue for neocodex. and it will just be a side thing too. ill still do neocodex because this is still my home on the internet :D . oh and ill prbly end up using the money I make on neocodex too :lol:   :lol:

#17 AUS

AUS
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:22 PM

*cough* Me and SL have also made a few modifications.  Noitidart is working on one now too.  Somtimes mods just arent somthing that everyone can see :p .  I'm actually really starting to enjoy it as well.

/me sticks his tongue out at hydro :p

#18 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:22 PM

You will know what members are really like now :o

This could be interesting ;)

#19 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

O_o I didn't know know the mod were even abusing there swarning stuff. BAD BAD people.

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

O_o I didn't know know the mod were even abusing there swarning stuff. BAD BAD people.

View Post

they arent steven...this just prevents ambiguity and prevents the chance of abuse :)

#21 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:57 PM

Hydro - I was looking at your profile and was so tempted to warn you. No idea why, just felt like it.
Why is it 20% anyways?

#22 AUS

AUS
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hydro - I was looking at your profile and was so tempted to warn you. No idea why, just felt like it.
Why is it 20% anyways?

View Post

Good question.  I cant find anything in the logs either.  wonder how long it has been that way lol.

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

its been like that for a long time. I put it there myself because a long time ago I advertised another site that was in the same genre as neopets and gave myself a warn to show people that even administrators are not above the rules.

plus, matt, u couldnt warn me :p , I'm protected :D

#24 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

Coward, scared of my wrath eh? <_<

#25 Redblade

Redblade
  • 1459 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

lol hydro..protected?? I thought u said even administrators are not above the rules? :D :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users