White Stripes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

A little known fact.. Kim's favourite band/ music-esque people are the White Stripes, closely followed by Silverchair and David Bowie. Want to know why Kim is very very happy?
Well, the White Stripes have a new album out soon called Get Behind Me Satan. And I'm here to tell you that it's fabulous! There's not as much of Jack's fandabbydozy geetar playing as there was in Elephant, as the album is quite minimalist like some of their early stuff, but it's still a rawkin album. Go buy it when it's out, or have a listen at (not warez, so don't eat me) NME.

Anyone else a Stripes fan? My favourite album is White Blood Cells, because it contains the best Stripes song ever (Fell In Love With A Girl), sad songs, happy songs, loud songs, quiet songs.. and a song that sounds like it's come out of a pantomime. I like Jack White's ludicrously tight trousers ^_^

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

Ahh I only liked Seven Nation Army, the rest never appealed to me. Infact I thought they died out.

#3 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:23 AM

Seven Nation Army will last forever.. that song was amazing. And nope.. White Stripes still goin strong. I saw them in London last year.. twas absolutley orgasmic ^_^

#4 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

Over played and over rated. Sorry

#5 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

Where I live, everyone is in love with them, and they are ALWAYS on the radio.

#6 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:52 PM

Seven Nation Army was overplayed.. but that's the only Stripes song I've ever heard on the radio.

And Jack is just god with a guitar- who needs a bassist?

#7 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:43 AM

I've heard 7NA, The Hardest Button To Button and the other one they released from Elephant on the radio. Is the album out yet? I thought it was coming out around the same time as Coldplay in June?
I love the new song they have out!

#8 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:14 AM

New album's out on June 8th, exact same day as Coldplay. I'm going to buy it because I love the White Stripes, but I *have* it right now. It's very good ^_^

#9 Asakura

Asakura
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

my favorite song by them is blue orchid, I learned it on guitar yesterday :D

#10 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:24 AM

I have the guitar tab book for Elephant.. I only ever learnt Seven Nation Army and Black Math :lol:

#11 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:24 AM

I got it too, low quality though. The song where Meg sings; is that cut short?

#12 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

Not on mine. Matty, if I lent you my white stripes guitar book, would you learn it all and become a guitar god for me?

#13 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:26 AM

Well if you can come oop and teach me guitar first then maybe...

#14 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:27 AM

I turned my last plec into an earring..

#15 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:27 AM

I have one. Now come teach me. I'll pay you in beans ^_^

#16 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:28 AM

Beans being a euphemism for...?

#17 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:50 AM

Heinz Baked Beans... You can get 3 per hour or 20 for the day.

#18 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

I <3 White Stripes, Queens Of The Stone Age, Matthew Good Band, and the Tragically Hip. <3

View Post

*gives the thumbs up for Matthew Good Band* Are you Canadian? They're the only people I've heard who like it; that's from whom I learned about it.

I got White Blood Cells on a tip from my brother and more or less enjoyed it. I generally do like more complicated music but the songs were very cute. I'll check out their new CD when it comes out just for you. :D

#19 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:47 AM

*gives the thumbs up for Matthew Good Band* Are you Canadian? They're the only people I've heard who like it; that's from whom I learned about it.

I got White Blood Cells on a tip from my brother and more or less enjoyed it. I generally do like more complicated music but the songs were very cute. I'll check out their new CD when it comes out just for you. :D

View Post

I generally like more complicated music too, but some it's nice to have a contrast. I really like Willy Mason's new album because it's just so different from what I normally listen to. I'm gonna have to check out Matthew Good Band now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users