• 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

Sums up this thread nicely.

#127 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

At what point can we start holding people responsible for their actions?

When Macdonalds close down and they have no one to blame anymore :p

Edit: Btw speaking of locations, I am not from US as well.

Edited by DragonEx, 18 October 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#128 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

When I was on steroids I gained a ridiculous amount of weight for my size. My highest weight was somewhere around 165..? In grade 8 I got checked out to see if I had any thyroid problems but it turns out I didn't, it was just the roids making me eat as if my stomach was a bottomless pit. In high school I started losing weight, but the change that made me drastically lose weight was eating breakfast.. Once I started eating before school I started shedding pounds. ;) Unfortunately, since I didn't get to exercise as a kid, I didn't grow up athletic into my teenage years. I kind of regret that, I wish I could join sports teams.

Although some might say I'm "fit" the word fat still comes to mind because of all the teasing from elementary school. I wasn't even that fat, I was just chubby. It's hard to change your opinion about yourself once a certain thought has been drilled into your head. Now I do eat relatively healthy, and I think I get plenty of exercise. The only issue would be water and sleep. I can't drink enough water, and I can sleep for hours and still be tired. I'm not sure if I could have that thyroid issue now, but whatever. My parents are sick of taking me to the doctors :p

All that rambling is just to say that basically I sympathize with fat people, or chubby people. Sometimes it's REALLY not your fault.

#129 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

Did you take medicinal steroids or just drugs?

#130 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

I'm fat, and I honestly am offended at many of you.

Seriously, what does MY being fat have anything to do with you? Nothing. It doesn't affect you in any way. The fact that many of you judge people by their weight just proves that you're more likely to judge by other physical traits as well, such as skin colour. It shouldn't matter if I'm skinny or fat, it shouldn't matter one bit because you aren't me. You want us fat people to apologize to skinny people for being fat? Oh, I'm sorry that ME being fat means that you... Well shit, I can't think of any reason for me to apologize to you. Grow up, stop being so judgemental, and love your fellow man, no matter what they look like.

#131 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

Seriously, what does MY being fat have anything to do with you? Nothing. It doesn't affect you in any way. The fact that many of you judge people by their weight just proves that you're more likely to judge by other physical traits as well, such as skin colour. It shouldn't matter if I'm skinny or fat, it shouldn't matter one bit because you aren't me. You want us fat people to apologize to skinny people for being fat? Oh, I'm sorry that ME being fat means that you... Well shit, I can't think of any reason for me to apologize to you. Grow up, stop being so judgemental, and love your fellow man, no matter what they look like.

This post might make sense anywhere except a debate about fat people.
As it stands, this is a topic where we post opinions about fat people, and you have no right to demand that we censor ourselves for your benefit.

If you don't care what we think, get over it. If you do care, then do something about it.
And no, being repulsed by disgustingly obese people doesn't make me more racist... weren't you just saying something about not prejudging people?

Sorry, I can't hear you over your hypocrisy.

#132 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

Actually studies are against you. They say your more then likely to make me fat if I am friends with you. I dont want to be fat, why do you want me to be fat?

http://www.nytimes.c...30240.html?_r=1
http://abcnews.go.co...=3413751&page=1
http://www.medicalne...icles/77889.php
http://www.washingto...7072501353.html

Enough said?

#133 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

You put a huge strain on public services....fatty.

#134 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Public services? Hmm, I haven't been to the hospital since I was 12. Try again.

You're most likely to get fat if I'm your friend? I guess you can't take care of yourself and have no will power of your own. Try again.

Sure, share your opinions of fat people here... knock yourself out. Just know that it makes you no different than the KKK, the Nazi's, etc. They disliked people because of physical traits. Bunch of nazi's in this forum. :facepalm:

#135 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

Public services? Hmm, I haven't been to the hospital since I was 12. Try again.

You're most likely to get fat if I'm your friend? I guess you can't take care of yourself and have no will power of your own. Try again.

Sure, share your opinions of fat people here... knock yourself out. Just know that it makes you no different than the KKK, the Nazi's, etc. They disliked people because of physical traits. Bunch of nazi's in this forum. :facepalm:

For me, I just don't understand how people get SOOO fat and not even care; for health reasons as well as aesthetically. I mean I used to be fat; hell I used to be obese (5'4 190 pounds, ohhhh yeah) which resulted in a lot of depression for a while bla bla bla but I told myself to lose the weight and I did. I just dont' understand how some people don't get that moment of "oh, maybe i should lose some weight and stop killing myself". Because I like living, it's kinda awesome.

#136 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

Why can someone take so seriously other people appeareance/comments?
I can't understand how looking a fat person can change your day

#137 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Why can someone take so seriously other people appeareance/comments?
I can't understand how looking a fat person can change your day

It's not about what they look like, it's their lifestyle. I used to live it, and it's a sedentary and non-productive lifestyle that could be put to much better use.

#138 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

People have those "A-ha" moments at different times, some people are perfectly comfortable with themselves. I know that I'm not "that fat". I'm 6"1 and 260 lbs (but on an athletic frame, so I look more like a linebacker).

I think people shouldn't care what other people look like. If we are comfortable with ourselves, why can't you be comfortable with us? Must we all have skinny bodies to fit in and be your friends?

#139 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Low Metabolism, is BEYOND CONTROL. I have a high metabolism, which means I use almost ALL my energy I get from food so im quite thin. a low metabolism can make you fat Posted Image but it true. crash diet :p I think they should get something to make a higher metabolism, like a pill or something...

Same for me. I eat whatever I want but all my energy is used immediately. I've never gained a lot of weight, not even when eating fast food only for 6 weeks.. 

I always wonder how people get fat too :o

#140 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

The topic wasn't about peple like you Thrive, they were referring to people that are REALLY fat
Yes, being fat doesnt mean you are sedentary, skinny people can be more sedentary and be in a worse health state, good/athletic condition can be see with ease (fat, skinny or whatever)

#141 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

I have a low metabolism, and it sucks.

My older brother eats worse food than I do, and eats twice as much as me, and he is as skinny as can be. We can't help it.

There are some procedures that can be done, and probably should be done to those whose lives are in risk due to their weight, but it really shouldn't matter that we are larger than yourselves, if we "disgust you" with how we look, you really need to get some help with your shallowness.

#142 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

People have those "A-ha" moments at different times, some people are perfectly comfortable with themselves. I know that I'm not "that fat". I'm 6"1 and 260 lbs (but on an athletic frame, so I look more like a linebacker).

I think people shouldn't care what other people look like. If we are comfortable with ourselves, why can't you be comfortable with us? Must we all have skinny bodies to fit in and be your friends?

We're not talking about fat people like you. We're talking about the lazy bums that want to sue McDonalds because they blame them for serving unhealthy foods. I mean being fat is not good mentally, physically, or aesthetically. So I don't understand why people don't become proactive and do something to better their lives. Aside from the acceptance of metabolism and other bodily functions that are the sole or high contributor to weight problems there isn't really an excuse for people to weigh unhealthy amounts.

#143 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

I have a low metabolism, and it sucks.

My older brother eats worse food than I do, and eats twice as much as me, and he is as skinny as can be. We can't help it.

There are some procedures that can be done, and probably should be done to those whose lives are in risk due to their weight, but it really shouldn't matter that we are larger than yourselves, if we "disgust you" with how we look, you really need to get some help with your shallowness.

If you're fat enough to make me feel sick, you're practically dead already.

#144 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

If you're vain enough that you make me feel sick, you're practically dead already.

I'm so sorry that modern media has you hypnotized into thinking everyone has to be thin like yourself. It's people like YOU that prove that the human race is at it's peak and won't ever better itself culturally.

#145 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

I'm so sorry that modern media has you hypnotized into thinking everyone has to be thin like yourself. It's people like YOU that prove that the human race is at it's peak and won't ever better itself culturally.

I don't think everyone has to be thin like me, I just don't like looking at disgustingly overweight people and listen to them talk like they don't need to do anything about their 400 pound mount of fat.

#146 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

Take it easy Thrive, you are taking it very personal, Sweenney was referring to people that live in an autodestructive way and doesnt do anything to change it.
It's much like an addiction, if have problems with a drug but you are struggling to leave it, its good, but if and addict just keep getting worse and doesn't care...

The attitude is what makes the change, and thats the real discussion here, not appeareance at all.

#147 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

I didn't say that thin people aren't sedentary, but most obese people are. Sure there are some overweight people who are very active, but i'm talking about OBESE people who require help to walk. Sure you can argue they might have a genetic setback, when they come to my work and order bologna everyday, i don't feel sorry for their state.

#148 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Sure there are some overweight people who are very active, but i'm talking about OBESE people who require help to walk. Sure you can argue they might have a genetic setback, when they come to my work and order bologna everyday, i don't feel sorry for their state.

Wow, this has been said like 5 times now and he still doesn't get it.

#149 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

You have to realize that the topic is titled "fat people". Fat people aren't just people who are 800 lbs and can't get out of bed. The people who are 800 lbs or more make up about 1% of the population of fat people.

I see where you are coming from, but even then you must realize that there are fat people who frequent this forum, and to insult them based on their physical trait of being fat is prejudice.

#150 shado

shado
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

haha pointless debate =p its like argueing about why midgets charge more for sex, or how shaq has a 3inch penis >..>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users