Photo

Suggestion For The Tutorial Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 ATHFBlink

ATHFBlink
  • 1920 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

Hey Shadowlink, just a suggestion, maybe for a new version or something, add a comments thing on it, so people can comment on the nice tutorial you made :S

Also under hte names on the left u see it says "Tutorials Submitted: 2"

Well that sends me to the programming category area for tutorials, it should take me to a page with my tutorials

Just some thoughts :)

<bump...>

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

I completely agree... no one in my tutorials could ask for help and stuff!

#3 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

Sounds good to me =)

#4 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

I disagree, I think the main reason the mod was added was to make it look tidy and organized and if you were to add comments it would make it look untidy in my opinion.
If you want feedback or help why not ask/recieve it via PM?

#5 ATHFBlink

ATHFBlink
  • 1920 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

I disagree, I think the main reason the mod was added was to make it look tidy and organized and if you were to add comments it would make it look untidy in my opinion.

I honestly disagree with your quote Zulfi, I thought the main reason was to sort out tutorials and stuff, not just to like clear untidiness due to Comments...

#6 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

I also disagree with Zulfi. People had to pm you to ask question on the tutorial if no one cant reply on your tutorials. So ill agree with thursday suggestion.

#7 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

I agree with Thursday. It feels good to get some nice feedback on your tutorials after you spent all the time it took to make it. I'd like to thank people for making them on the board much rather than over a PM.

#8 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

I think comments should be on a comment page (linked from your tutorial). Sortof like the downloads section?

#9 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:55 AM

I think comments should be on a comment page (linked from your tutorial). Sortof like the downloads section?

Agree'd
That way everyone's happy :)

#10 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

The upgrade of the Tutorial Modification is taking place right now. :D

Changes that are being done for v1.2:

* Adding pages to the Tutorial List
* Auto-creates a thread in a discussion forum so people can discuss the tutorial (pretty much a comments page).

#11 ATHFBlink

ATHFBlink
  • 1920 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Sweet ;)

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Yup, and if anyone has anymore suggestions, you can send them to my PM box. :D

#13 Cooliodoc

Cooliodoc
  • 1244 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

Well if the person answers one question then they don't have to answer it again. Tidyness should not overule the free time of the the tutorial maker.

#14 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

Your suggestion will only put a load on people receiving Pm's every time they need help with a step and/or want to give feedback. Having the option put a lot less of a load on people and not having the PM box full of messages.

Do you beg to differ?

#15 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

Your suggestion will only put a load on people receiving Pm's every time they need help with a step and/or want to give feedback. Having the option put a lot less of a load on people and not having the PM box full of messages.

Do you beg to differ?

Before I heard cokiwah's suggestion yes I would have begged to differ, as I said it looks much more professional and tidy if it's just a tutorial with no comments/feedback. I value organization over ease of use. If a person could not follow the tutorial, either it has been badly written or it is above the skill level of that person.

However having a seperate thread for discussion is a better idea, it's a good compromise, keeps both the tutorial section looking tidy and makes it easier for users to answer questions/recieve feedback.

Will we have to re-submit our tutorial(s) when the modification is complete?

#16 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:34 PM

The upgrade of the Tutorial Modification is taking place right now. :D

Changes that are being done for v1.2:

* Adding pages to the Tutorial List
* Auto-creates a thread in a discussion forum so people can discuss the tutorial (pretty much a comments page).

owned... me so smart... me suggestion is good very :funone:

#17 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

this will be great as I was wondering what people thought of my tutorials :)

#18 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:56 PM

Another nice thing would to have a link to the tutorials page on the top of every page, on the bar that the Downloads Section is ;)

#19 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

Another nice thing would to have a link to the tutorials page on the top of every page, on the bar that the Downloads Section is ;)

that's going futher than we need to I'd say...

#20 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

Actually that would be pretty nice, for the lazy. :D

#21 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

Add a rating system to tutorials. This way, the good tutorials can really stand out as being so, and the ones containing inaccurate information will obviously have a low, easily identifiable rating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users