Quantcast

Photo

Abortion...

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Should abortion be legal or illegal?

...?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

I say illegal, since you're killing a potential person.

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:37 PM

Illegal with exceptions of course. For example if it would kill the mother and such... and several other examples of the sort.

#3 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

Legal. Your body, your choices. You say it's a potential person, but then shouldn't masturbating be illegal? Plus with the circumstances of rape and contraception breakage (or delibirate tampering), it shouldn't be illegal.

#4 Aimee

Aimee
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

This subject has so many sides/circmstances to it that I am undecided. On one hand I would like the right to choose since it is my body. For example if my house was broken into and I was raped and ended up being pregnant because of it there is no way in hell I would want to have that baby. What would I tell him/her?? "Oh Junior your father brutally raped me and thats how you were conceived"

I do not agree with teens who find themselves pregnant through there own fault having abortions. If you are old enough to have sex than you should be responsible enough to not get pregnant, and if you find yourself pregnant than you should deal with your "mistake" like an adult.

#5 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

Legal, the world is getting so overpopulated if every irresponsible person who has unprotected sex had to keep their babies our population would boost further more.
Although I do think people who have sex should be responsible enough to carry out with the baby if they do become pregnant, this is not the case with alot of people. If they were forced into keeping their baby they would feel hatred towards it as they didn't want it and the baby would be neglected and have a bad life.

#6 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

This is a topic I feel very strongly about.

Unless you're a woman, who has been in the situation of aborting or keeping a child - please, shove a large sock in your mouth and shut the CENSORED up.

#7 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

http://dumpsterkeeper.com/prolife.html

Anyways, thats my opinion. Im for whatever all the women are for in majority. besides that, stem cell research.

#8 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hmm...quite so. Well, since I'm a guy, I really don't think I have the right to vote either way, although I'm pro-choice, so if I had to, I'd say allow it to be legal. ^_^

#9 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Take the following quiz

1. True/False You have a Uterus, Vagina, Cervix, Ovaries, etc.

2. True/False Said organs are in working order and fully capable of carrying a child

Unless you answered True to both questions, your opinion on abortion is 100% bullshit. The truth is only a woman whom is currently capable of carrying and giving birth to a child at this very moment has an opinion on abortion with any trace of validity. Any man who belives in pro-life is instantly an asshole in my opinion. A man has absolutely no right to tell a women what she is allowed to do with her body, nor should he have the right to vote on the subject should it ever arise. My opinion on whether abortion is right or wrong is completely unneeded as is anyone elses (Old ladies, any kind of male, women who have had their tubes tied, "abstinant" people, etc.). Oh and one more thing. Most abortions require a microscope to even see the damn "baby", I would hardly call what they're getting rid of a human. And they don't go in the back of the zygote's "head" with a god damned power drill either. (That's right, Forrest, you gullible dumbass) 6 days..

#10 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:44 PM

You say it's a potential person, but then shouldn't masturbating be illegal?

If you happen to be a hermaphrodite, yes. Otherwise, no.

I think it should be illegal in most circumstances. There are medical times that the mother can be killed and that should come down to her disicion. Some would be willing to die for the baby, and that should be their choice, and some would rather live to try again, once again, their choice. Rape victims...I'm torn. I feel so much for them, I don't know what I would do if I were ever raped, but there IS the option of adoption.

I've had to make this choice myself and it was infinetly difficult. Through this I know that there are so many loving people out there wanting to adopt. Abortion is not necissary simply because you are young or unprepared. If you believed yourself ready to have sex, you should have been ready to deal with any consequences that may arise.

Edited by Sakura, 30 January 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#11 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

I'm no woman, but I wanted to see what people would think and give their general opinions. Anyway, onto the point.

Now with something like rape, I don't think a woman would want to have that memory with her forever in the form of a child.

BUT the fact that it happened is not the baby's fault, why does he/she have to die (so to speak) for the fault of some pervert? Put the baby up for adoption, I think.

Anyhow, thanks for all your feedback. It's great to see people really thinking in-depth about topics like such.

Edited by AntiGravity, 30 January 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#12 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

I say illegal, since you're killing a potential person.

But if you are using that logic if you kill a man or prevent him from having children you just killed infinite potential people (grandchildren ect.)

Illegal unless the baby comes from rape but even then you can put the child up for adoption.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 30 January 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#13 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

But if you are using that logic if you kill a man or prevent him from having children you just killed infinite potential people (grandchildren ect.)

Illegal unless the baby comes from rape but even then you can put the child up for adoption.

And that boils it all down to the question: Where does life begin?

The logic I was referring to was if the life had already been created, if you know what I mean.

#14 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:24 PM

Still doesn't work.
Egg has not met sperm. No blastocyst/zygote/other super nummy words.

#15 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Guys, stop arguing with Amy. You're not going to win against her infinate wisdom.

#16 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

Guys, stop arguing with Amy. You're not going to win against her infinate wisdom.

Stop being an idiot. >.<

*whacks you in the head*

#17 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

I think it matters the situation.I mean , if you get rapped and you get pregnant , and you are carrying the criminals baby , then I think you should be able to have an abortion.
However , if you go out and sleep with someone and don't bother having protection then it is deifinitly illegal.You are killing a livling , breathing thing.

I'm no woman, but I wanted to see what people would think and give their general opinions. Anyway, onto the point.

Now with something like rape, I don't think a woman would want to have that memory with her forever in the form of a child.

BUT the fact that it happened is not the baby's fault, why does he/she have to die (so to speak) for the fault of some pervert? Put the baby up for adoption, I think.

Anyhow, thanks for all your feedback. It's great to see people really thinking in-depth about topics like such.

The baby isn't born yet , so it's not as bad as you think.
Imagine: Being rapped by a complete stranger.(-Or possibly somebody you know..) and having the baby there every single day to bring you back to those awful moments.
And like Ali (I think Ali :unsure: ) said , what the hell are you supposed to tell your baby "Your father brutally rapped me , and that's how I got pregnant with you" , I mean , isn/t that horrible?I would prefer to die then live my life knowning that ..
But like I also said for many resons in my last post : Illegal.

#18 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

It seems like a parasite to me in ways.

It's not contributing to the mother
its feeding from you

its not full-human yet in my opinion.

#19 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

I think it matters the situation.I mean , if you get rapped and you get pregnant , and you are carrying the criminals baby , then I think you should be able to have an abortion.
However , if you go out and sleep with someone and don't bother having protection then it is deifinitly illegal.You are killing a livling , breathing thing.
The baby isn't born yet , so it's not as bad as you think.
Imagine: Being rapped by a complete stranger.(-Or possibly somebody you know..) and having the baby there every single day to bring you back to those awful moments.
And like Ali (I think Ali :unsure: ) said , what the hell are you supposed to tell your baby "Your father brutally rapped me , and that's how I got pregnant with you" , I mean , isn/t that horrible?I would prefer to die then live my life knowning that ..
But like I also said for many resons in my last post : Illegal.

In a debate like this, you have to decide one way or another, is this a child or is it not? For the rape you say no, but then it magically turns into a child otherwise? You have to make up your mind.
And there is always adoption. No, you don't have to live with your kid. No, you do not have to let them know how they came to be. It is possible to have the records sealed so they can never find you.

#20 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

In a debate like this, you have to decide one way or another, is this a child or is it not? For the rape you say no, but then it magically turns into a child otherwise? You have to make up your mind.
And there is always adoption. No, you don't have to live with your kid. No, you do not have to let them know how they came to be. It is possible to have the records sealed so they can never find you.

Possibly , yeah I see your point.-But isn't that a little unfair for the child?Growing up without a mother and not knowing either or his or hers' birth parents?

#21 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

Possibly , yeah I see your point.-But isn't that a little unfair for the child?Growing up without a mother and not knowing either or his or hers' birth parents?

Better than being dead, IMO. :unsure:

Who knows? Some people would search their whole life to find their parents.

#22 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:43 PM

I think its legal, im pro choice. I dont know what else to say.

#23 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Better than being dead, IMO. :unsure:

Who knows? Some people would search their whole life to find their parents.

Then again, if your dead, you dont have the stress of having to find your parents.

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Most abortions require a microscope to even see the damn "baby", I would hardly call what they're getting rid of a human.

That right there is bull... where did that guy get gis info?! 88% of abortions occur during the first 6 to 12 weeks of pregnancy.

At week 7 the embryo begins to move spontaneously. The jaw forms, including teeth buds in the gums. Soon the eyelids will seal to protect the embryo's developing light sensitive eyes, and will reopen at about the seventh month. At week 8, the embryo is a little more than an inch long and is now called a fetus. Everything is now present that will be found in a fully developed adult. Week 11 The uterus has now doubled in size. Fingerprints are already evident in the skin. The fetus will curve his fingers around objects placed in its hand. The fetus can squint, swallow and wrinkle its forehead. At Week 11, the fetus is 2 inches long. Urination occurs. The fetus now sleeps, awakens and exercise its muscles energetically, turning his head, curling his toes, and opening and closing his mouth.

http://www.pregnancy...development.htm

microscopic... mmmhmm... right.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

I don't say it's a human till it's out of the body. And just because it can live out of the body doesn't mean it shouldn't be terminated. It's the mother's and fathers choice, it should be anyone elses.

And Josh, that's probably the stupidest thing you've ever said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users