Photo

How and What are Proxys for?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:50 PM

How do these work to help hack on neopets.

Do they mask your IP to confuse Neopets Team to think its from someone else? If I use a proxy on a aka then this means I can cheat on and get away on my main account which I would not use a proxy on?

It's confusing also on how to use them. I tried to use one I followed the guide and for some reason I have nothing in the Dial Up and Private Virtual Settings or whatever so I did it in LAN Settings and I restarted for settings to take effect. It didn't work, I couldn't access any website so I restarted with my original settings. Any help to clarify how this works would be greatly appreciated maybe the proxy address I picked wasn't any good also, so I will try again while I am waiting for a responce. Please anyone who can help make this easier on me I will greatly appreciate it.

I am running Internet Explorer, by the way.

EDIT:

Are all proxys dial up because I got one to work and it is going so SLOW I guess I will have to get used to it, right?

Now that I have it working I can make a new account on Neopets and hack on it and transfer my earnings? How would I transfer those without being caught?

Edited by SiLeNTScReAM, 03 July 2004 - 11:01 PM.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:19 PM

if you use a proxy then only the account on that proxy that cheated will get frozen, that's what it mainly does

how it works is it sort of masks your ip, not really but you can say that, but be sure to use a high anonymity or level 5 proxy, the low ones are crap and your real ip can still be seen

#3 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

how the hell do I know if I have a level 5 proxy and is there any proxy that ISNT dial up!?!

How do you suggest transfering neopoints from accounts?

#4 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

Use two different browsers that don't share temporary files or cookies and have a proxy enabled on one of them.

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:02 AM

two different browsers that dont share the cookies or temp files are internet explorer (you shouldnt be using this but whatever) and firefox...

firefox is great :D

#6 xXx$keetchxXx

xXx$keetchxXx
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:30 PM

yeah, IE and firefox r the 2 I use because all the progs use whatever acc. is logged in in IE so I leave a crap acct. logged on there. also noticemy sig...

Edited by xXx$keetchxXx, 06 July 2004 - 03:30 PM.

#7 NP_craver

NP_craver
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

..::::OFF TOPIC::::..
your sig looks si'milar to a sig I seen from morningstar :blink: hu said he got it off a friend....

Edited by NP_craver, 06 July 2004 - 04:00 PM.

#8 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

I hate proxys

#9 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

I hate proxys

proxies are evil  ^_^