Psd Board

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:42 AM

Well I was thinking as a way to help people improve with their GFX, we could all post our PSDs in a board for others to download from and learn. I am against the idea of us having to 'pay' in some form or other for a PSD like at Gamerenders, we are a community we should share. So it should be open to all members or else it defeats the purpose of learning as the non-gfx team members are the ones in need of them most.
A bit like in the programming area there is a Code Snippets board in which people post their souces and others learn from.
If this board was set up, I for one would post all of my PSDs (however rubbish they may be) and hopefully it will turn to a trend and many others will follow. Every PSD that is made has the potential to teach someone something.
Obviously the downside to this idea is ripping of other people's work so strict rules will have to be enforced and perhaps normal members will have to meet some requirements to view.

As I said I am against paying for PSDs but an alternative method to the above could be to set up a trading board where we exchange PSDs for PSDs, not any form of credit or money. This could be used for all those members who feel strongly about their work being ripped or do not want to make their PSD completely public.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:26 AM

Has been tried before.. didn't work.

#3 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:29 AM

Damn :( What went wrong?

#4 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:42 AM

That's pretty sad :( How these sad people just can't be bothered to learn for themselves so they steal the work of others. :(
Perhaps it could be put in Private Members only then?
Or prevention methods could be put it. Merging the text layer into another major layer can help quit alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users