Quantcast

Photo

Should Scientists Be Able To 'duplicate' People?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:56 PM

You know it's going on. It has to be basicaly. But think about this:

Okay some people here at codex are christian etc. Well if you have read the bible and heard stories, listened in church etc then you would think that your coincense or however you spell it is your holy spirit that keeps you from doing things.

Well by Duplicateing a human etc you basicaly would be creating a complete twin with no 'holy spirit'. Basicaly creating a rutheless monster.

Your views on this?

[Debate]

#2 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

Why not?It'll prove alot of things wrong.
The church shouldn't be against it , it's science , we should be proud that humans are that smart. :blink: But .. If they do duplicate people , would they have souls? :o
Anywho , I think it's 100% okay , AS LONG AS the person you are presently dupicating is agreeing to it.. :thumbsup: I'd do it.

Edited by xXxBrok3nxXx, 18 February 2006 - 05:03 PM.

#3 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

Only God himself will ever be able to make a human. People can't make an eye, or a lung, or even a heart. It won't happen and people who do it are idiots who are against God and will most likely go to hell. Which I do indeed, hope they do.

#4 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

Let them go at it. It's not going to make them ruthless, because they simply just need to know what the boundaries of rules are, like a child learns at young age.

This also could be useful for genetic engineering against diseases and viruses. It would be very beneficial to the study.

#5 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

Let them go at it. It's not going to make them ruthless, because they simply just need to know what the boundaries of rules are, like a child learns at young age.

This also could be useful for genetic engineering against diseases and viruses. It would be very beneficial to the study.

Yes you can create things with this.... Think of adding a 24th chromosome. Super Human Maybe? I don't know.
It's funny... They can create plants (messing with the seed) that are resistant to diseases.....
But not humans.
One question though... Why doesn't purple orange yellow etc aren't even a ressive trait for eye color?

#6 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

That reminded me of the move 'The Island.' Anyways, I think it is wrong. Only God should be able to do that.

#7 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

One question though... Why doesn't purple orange yellow etc aren't even a ressive trait for eye color?

Who knows?That's like saying 'Why arn't people blue?' :p

-But once we get it started , after all the religious crap is put to side <_< , this would really help our earth.We could duplicate endangered animals , attempt to bring extincted animals back , ect. :thumbsup:

#8 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

Who knows?That's like saying 'Why arn't people blue?' :p

-But once we get it started , after all the religious crap is put to side <_< , this would really help our earth.We could duplicate endangered animals , attempt to bring extincted animals back , ect. :thumbsup:

Well yes seeing you can get that things chromosomes from just the bone... But everything else like how would you make it... you would need a no-extinct species to do that..

You can just put chromosomes etc into a jar and expect a dinosour to grow.... You would have years of predicting on how they reproduced.

#9 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

Only thing I would be in it for is getting the flauna back on planet earth. Let's face it, the earth at the moment looks completely and utterly shit. Let's clean it up and make it look better.... and if it does get that advanced and people start bringing back animals, there is always going to be some dickhead who is going to go crazy. Try and duplicate dinosaurs and that crap.

#10 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

Only thing I would be in it for is getting the flauna back on planet earth. Let's face it, the earth at the moment looks completely and utterly shit. Let's clean it up and make it look better.... and if it does get that advanced and people start bringing back animals, there is always going to be some dickhead who is going to go crazy. Try and duplicate dinosaurs and that crap.

and then....we have jurasic park all over again.

#11 sockopen

sockopen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

Most definitely, start the cloning today, nothing wrong with it, although I don't like how "cloning" is done currently, it's inaccurate in my opinion. Anyways, apparently we'll have genetically created organs in a few years too.

Should saving lives be illegal too? God would perform surgeries on people if he wanted them to live. Medicine should be illegal, so should surgery.

Start the cloning.... now.

#12 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

and then....we have jurasic park all over again.

ROLF - I suppose we'd keep them in a zoo.
-And over years of research and devlopment we could try to bring back some extincted birds or some other creature.There's DNA from the bone narrow ( :unsure: ) , we have basic pictures of it ... ect.
But really , wouldn't that be a big step for humanity?That'll give everybody something to be proud of.
It'll be famous in research books , on the internet .. ect. Marked down in history.
Seeing a new creater flying by for the first time in your life ... *sigh* :rolleyes:
Humanity could only hope get that far so soon ... :(

#13 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

I say go ahead with it. It doesn't matter either way in my view, if God want's it to happen, let it be so. If he doesn't, they'll probably end up screwing something major up and losing the governments interest, along with all their funds. I personally don't think it will happen, but they can have fun trying.

So basically , we don't have freedom of will?Whatever we choose to do in life , if god doesn't like it , then he'll change it to his apease?

If so , then why didn't he stop A. Hitler from killing millions of people?Why didn't he stop the Iraqie bombers from killing thousands of people that day?
Erm , don't wanna jump to any conclusions; but that makes NO sense.-But it's prolly' just me.I'm just another non believer , whoms existance is pointless. ;) :thumbsup:

#14 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

Only God himself will ever be able to make a human. People can't make an eye, or a lung, or even a heart. It won't happen and people who do it are idiots who are against God and will most likely go to hell. Which I do indeed, hope they do.

But we have sex and make a human.

To all the bible humpers, should saving lives be illegal too? God would perform surgeries on people if he wanted them to live. Medicine should be illegal, so should surgery.

That's what the Jehova's Witnesses believe. Doesn't make sense though because if God wants humans to be fed why doesn't he feed them himself? Or if he wants humans to be created why does he not make humans himself? Logic schools that philosophy.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 18 February 2006 - 06:32 PM.

#15 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

God created humanity. God does not intercede with humanity for the mainpart, but like a girl and her dollset, god will occasionally play the "leader" of the society. While I do not believe in God, I could only think it would be sufficent to say he usually lays things out for a reason if he exists.

While in a way, it could be considered evil, it could help prevent diseases and what not. We do not even have to clone the entire human. if we could manage to clone one organ, that would be great.

And Moghrabi, I thought the idea of Islam was to accomplish peace in submission to god, over condoning the burnings of men who clearly want to help defeat disease? Sorry, I'm not too educated on Islam, I'll get back to you about that on a later date.

#16 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

God.... think about this... If we could clone... starwars all over again xD CLONE WARS. Just clone somebody and the clone fights other guy eats potato chips. Also they could be slaves....But why should you want slaves all over again if they clone to make slaves I will fo anything means necissary for that NOT to happen even die for it.

#17 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yes you can create things with this.... Think of adding a 24th chromosome. Super Human Maybe? I don't know.
It's funny... They can create plants (messing with the seed) that are resistant to diseases.....
But not humans.

Your too influenced by movies aren't you?

Doom = 24th chromosones. Completely irrealevant to what cloning would be like.
Star wars = a movie in a galaxy trillions of lightyears away and 5 billion years older.

O_o

#18 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Your too influenced by movies aren't you?

Doom = 24th chromosones. Completely irrealevant to what cloning would be like.
Star wars = a movie in a galaxy trillions of lightyears away and 5 billion years older.

O_o

I've never seen doom.....

#19 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

Well, I think we SHOULD be making cloned blood and organs, for transplants, and it would have to be taken from MANY sources to help prevent disease outbreak.

But not humans.

24 chromosomes is downs syndrome -.-
We can create disease resistant humans, its called vaccination. :thumbsup:

Cloned humans would be a bad idea in several reasons; disease spreading, a few religious problems, and we cannot yet fully understand the human mind, so I don't think we should be cloning it yet.

We really need to work on cloning organs, tissue, and blood. We could be saving a lot of lives.

#20 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

Well, I think we SHOULD be making cloned blood and organs, for transplants, and it would have to be taken from MANY sources to help prevent disease outbreak.
24 chromosomes is downs syndrome -.-
We can create disease resistant humans, its called vaccination. :thumbsup:
Cloned humans would be a bad idea in several reasons; disease spreading, a few religious problems, and we cannot yet fully understand the human mind, so I don't think we should be cloning it yet.

We really need to work on cloning organs, tissue, and blood. We could be saving a lot of lives.

24th chromosome isn't down syndrome....

Anyways vaccination is probaly the reason we have these things... Natural resources could cure everything that was caused naturualy. But we take vaccines instead of just plain old eating healthy food etc and we get side effects more vaccines we get a disorder etc more vaccines ever ending cycle.

#21 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Normally, at the time of conception a baby inherits genetic information from its parents in the form of 46 chromosomes: 23 from the mother and 23 from the father. In most cases of Down syndrome, however, a child gets an extra chromosome - for a total of 47 chromosomes instead of 46. It's this extra genetic material that causes the physical and cognitive delays associated with DS.

http://kidshealth.or...n_syndrome.html

Mmmkay, you have maleria and TB? Please, go eat an apple! Most diseases that we vaccinate against originated before modern medicine, when we were still using herbs and natural remedies.

They were caused more by filth than anything.

#22 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:10 PM

Can't 24 chromosomes be many things... such as Trisomy 18?

#23 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

Can't 24 chromosomes be many things... such as Trisomy 18?

I think thats 22. o.o I can't remember CURSE YOU FRESHMAN DAYS OF YORE!

I'll go look it up.

Okay, yep, it can also cause that, as far as I know those are the only two that are caused by 24 chromosomes.

#24 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

Not nessecarily, though an excellent point Amy. Not every plant was found, and they could not study herbal remedies like we can today. Doesn't mean all natural remedies are cures, but the possibilities haven't been ruled out.

#25 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

Not nessecarily, though an excellent point Amy. Not every plant was found, and they could not study herbal remedies like we can today. Doesn't mean all natural remedies are cures, but the possibilities haven't been ruled out.

Oh, no. I'm not knocking herbal remedies by any means, I use several myself, but there are diseases that at least couldn't be cured with them. Either way, the arguement was flawed. =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users