Board Errors (new for me today)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mystical

Mystical
  • 1020 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/index.php could not be found on this server.

I've been getting this about 3/5 post i try to make.

Edited by Mystical, 07 March 2006 - 07:42 PM.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/index.php could not be found on this server.

I've been getting this about 3/5 post i try to make.

I have no clue, it's definitely a server issue. I'll see if I can get some input from the host on that. :p

----------

10.4.7 406 Not Acceptable

The resource identified by the request is only capable of generating response entities which have content characteristics not acceptable according to the accept headers sent in the request.

Unless it was a HEAD request, the response SHOULD include an entity containing a list of available entity characteristics and location(s) from which the user or user agent can choose the one most appropriate. The entity format is specified by the media type given in the Content-Type header field. Depending upon the format and the capabilities of the user agent, selection of the most appropriate choice MAY be performed automatically. However, this specification does not define any standard for such automatic selection.

Note: HTTP/1.1 servers are allowed to return responses which are
not acceptable according to the accept headers sent in the
request. In some cases, this may even be preferable to sending a
406 response. User agents are encouraged to inspect the headers of
an incoming response to determine if it is acceptable.

If the response could be unacceptable, a user agent SHOULD temporarily stop receipt of more data and query the user for a decision on further actions.

According to the people at w3, it may be your browser because HTTP/1.1 should send you information even if it's "Not Acceptable" by your browser.... What browser are you using?

#3 Mystical

Mystical
  • 1020 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

firefox

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

Hmm interesting I'll test it out

#5 Mystical

Mystical
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

well i just reinstalled firefox so maybe that fixed it i'll report anything if i get the same errors.

Trying to figure out what files i've put on my computer in the past few days probalby has something to do with one of them.

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

Alrighty, in my testing I couldn't get that error though :(

#7 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

it will prolly be ff, i dont get it on IE

#8 Mystical

Mystical
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

ah it is something with my computer i got it with ie when i tried it earlier today too, I've not encoutered the error agian since reinstalling FireFox

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

ah it is something with my computer i got it with ie when i tried it earlier today too, I've not encoutered the error agian since reinstalling FireFox

Ok, coo. Let me know if it happens again. ;)

:closed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users