Quantcast

Photo

Seal Hunt

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Clubbing

Clubbing of Seals?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

O_o i hate him... this is about Larry King Live.

#2 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:53 AM

As a vegetarian, I don't agree with hunting in general. But seal clubbing is a different matter. There is no need for it. If you live in a very poor cold country and there are no alternatives to the warmth fur can provide, then there obviously is a need. However, Canada is a rich nation, and the general public do not require fur coats.

Even ignoring the arguement of whether fur is wrong or right, clubbing is still cruel. You can kill an animal painlessly without damaging it's fur- you don't need to cruelly bludgeon it to death. You also don't need to kill defenseless babies. Seal clubbing is barbaric and wrong.

#3 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

WE DONT CLUB SEALS! we SHOOT them. paul mccartney a shitbag. he was riding on Peta or whatever, just a head figure. he was showing REALLY old videos. we shoot them now. quick.

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Still immoral. All we do is use there fur and hunting them isn't a nessesity. *Points to Kim's posts* . Synthetic fur is the way to go.

#5 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

Is it needed to kill them? I don't believe so... people don't usually eat seal so... why hunt them?

#6 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

Is it needed to kill them? I don't believe so... people don't usually eat seal so... why hunt them?

People dont eat bears- Why hunt them?

People have been hunting a long, long time. I dont care what they do as long as they do not kill too many. Killing baby seals is stupid though.

#7 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:19 PM

Paul Mccartney is a dick. He tries to be all high and mighty when he doesn't know all the facts. Not to mention that after he was done being a self righteous asshole he probably went ate enjoyed a nice chicken that was raised in a tiny little coop its whole life.

Not all of canada is rich. These people that go seal hunting typically don't have an alternative. Plus if the seals were left alone they'd over populate, eat all the fish and endanger the fish in these seal regions.

Bottom line is no one would care if the seals weren't cute. Except animal extremists. He is doing this for a publicity stunt.

#8 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

Accidentally hit i agree.

But hes a moron. Talking about slaughter? Dont make me laugh.

I dont think animals should be beaten to death, but I dont think their bitching is going to do anything about it.

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:11 AM

Oh come on guys you should know me, I'm not hippie vegeitartian, but I totally agree with Kim on this one.

http://www.hsus.org/...hunt/index.html

Just read that.

#10 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:03 AM

What they forget to mention is that the only reason that seals don't over populate and eat the whole damned fishing market off is because they are being hunted.

Enforce regulations on killing them. Enforce the amount allowed to be killed each year. Impose penalties on people violating these restrictions.

Paul Mccartney is a hypocrite.

#11 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:24 AM

Psh, I doubt hunting them is protecting them in the long run.

Sorry but shooting baby seals and letting them drown to death isn't fricking humane. How about I go around your house and do that to your siblings?

It's sick.

#12 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:30 AM

I think I'm with Pyke on this one. On the whole anyway: but I'm sure there are better ways to kill them- like on that site Lee had- if they deduct $2 per bullet hole on a seal coat, then they are encouraging clubbing... a slower death.

If shooting them could be reinforced- get rid of that $2 rule, then it could work for the best.

#13 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:32 AM

Like analogue (and myself) said, enforce regulations and do it strictly.

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:34 AM

It isn't necessary to kill them though. For fur?

Psh.

#15 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

Psh.

For some of the poorest fisherman, it probably keeps them able to feed their kids while it isn't fishing season.

#16 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:41 AM

Psh.

Well it brings up the other matters:

1. Are seals over populated? -I know your site says they aren't but that would link on to point number 2...

2. If there wasn't seal hunting- how badly would the fish market be affected?

3. Do seal hunters have any choice- I mean really- are they doing it for no reason- or because they need money to feed their own families?

It's a mixture of facts and opinion overall I reckon- I like what Pyke said earlier:

Bottom line is no one would care if the seals weren't cute. Except animal extremists.

#17 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:47 AM

So basically if I need money to feed my own family, you would assume I become an assassin?

Basically putting animals on the same line as us, I'm not an animal extremists, but just because they can't talk or defend themselves, doesn't mean we can't treat them decently?

I mean what about the mentally retarded, the disabled, the old and the sick?

If animals become over populated, we cull them. Apparently the seals are not, so there is no need for a cull. The fish market COULD be affected, but that's not entierly the seals fault, cod is now on the brink of extinction because of over-fishing.

#18 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:53 AM

So basically if I need money to feed my own family, you would assume I become an assassin?

Basically putting animals on the same line as us, I'm not an animal extremists, but just because they can't talk or defend themselves, doesn't mean we can't treat them decently?

I mean what about the mentally retarded, the disabled, the old and the sick?

If animals become over populated, we cull them. Apparently the seals are not, so there is no need for a cull. The fish market COULD be affected, but that's not entierly the seals fault, cod is now on the brink of extinction because of over-fishing.

In that case don't cows have rights? Chickens? Pigs? Fish? We kill them a lot more and they don't even get to live in their natural habitats and are quite often stuck together in miserably small living spaces. How do you feel about veal? What about a big mac, or a nice piece of chicken? People kill all of those animals as well and they certainly don't need to be culled. They need the money to feed their families. I guess they don't don't deserve the same rights as a seal though.

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:59 AM

I don't support sporting animals. If there is a need to for warmth, food, stuff like that that's cool but not sport :(

But still I wouldn't put money to stop animal mistreatment when there is so much human poverty in the world. Some places they may be like that because the people put themselves into that situation but in many many other places that money can do lots! I have seen the effects of donating money to this cause with my own eyes. For those of you who have not travelled to a "3rd world" country have no idea what poverty is.

#20 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

In that case don't cows have rights? Chickens? Pigs? Fish? We kill them a lot more and they don't even get to live in their natural habitats and are quite often stuck together in miserably small living spaces. How do you feel about veal? What about a big mac, or a nice piece of chicken? People kill all of those animals as well and they certainly don't need to be culled. They need the money to feed their families. I guess they don't don't deserve the same rights as a seal though.

Ahh but those animals are BRED for food, if we didn't kill them and eat them, there would be a over population of those animals. I don't mind animals being killed for food, as long as it's in a humane way. I don't agree with animals being locked and treated badly, that's why I always get free-range or organic food if possible.

Veal I think is sickening, as it taste horrible. But I have no problem in people eating them for food. Fur is a luxury and isn't needed, I think anyone who wears fur should be shot, and I offer to wear their skin for a day. Blood, intestine and all ;)

#21 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:12 AM

Ahh but those animals are BRED for food, if we didn't kill them and eat them, there would be a over population of those animals. I don't mind animals being killed for food, as long as it's in a humane way. I don't agree with animals being locked and treated badly, that's why I always get free-range or organic food if possible.

Veal I think is sickening, as it taste horrible. But I have no problem in people eating them for food. Fur is a luxury and isn't needed, I think anyone who wears fur should be shot, and I offer to wear their skin for a day. Blood, intestine and all ;)

Hahaha.

Clubbing the shit out of animals isnt the smartest stance though. I'm no hippie, PETA member, or in love with animals (Not sexually and not emotionally).

Its pretty simple. Dont use a club, use a sword or a gun. It saves time too. ;)

#22 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

D'ya think they taste nice though?

#23 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

D'ya think they taste nice though?

Aren't they almost just blubber (sp? & meaning?)
I gues you could make some lamp oil or something..

Anyway, Protect Seals

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

I agree completely with Frizzle for this... I could very well be extreme, I don't know... but if the animals are not being eaten but wasted then why the hell are you killing them in the first place? I'm sure some people eat it but for the hundreds of thousands... they're being wasted. Don't wear fur... there's plenty of synthetics you can choose from ^_^

#25 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

*stomps on a seal, then gives pyke a high five*

Pyke basically said it all. Plus, they're our seals, so piss off. We don't come and hunt your animals, don't come and save ours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users