• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

We aren't realy a childerens forum just a majority of players might be children but a majority of the members here are 14 and above. I have serious doubts about this thing again but lets discuss it see what we come up with.

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

I'm pro for it, but thats just me.

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

yes.. for the love of god blood sweat and tears all almost went into the production of that post! at least consider it! lol.

rofl! Yes i see the nested lists and bolding and formatting etc :p hahaha it is open to discussion of course its just that you remember what happend last time right? :ninja:

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

Good idea. It will increase awareness and even if it stops 1 person from using drugs it will be worthwhile.

Off Topic: Congrats on retired.

#5 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

I'm quite shocked you spelt most of that right and with good grammar. (Ha, I kid.)

But seriously, a large majority of kids and teenagers will come across drugs or substances that alter them in one way or another. With this forum, we're bound to get some positive response, and if we don't change it to pot cooking recipes, bong techniques etc, then we can actually make a difference.

Obviously this thread will get the ignorance of some members, I can't remember which one did it last time, but they used a program to block the word "drugs". Ha, that makes me laugh. I laugh at ignorance, if you are ignorant, I laugh at you. (By the way, I laugh in the mirror every morning), if it's THAT hard to even look at the word and documents on the internet, harmless little words, then I suggest not looking in the forum. It's not that difficult, and I'm sure we can get a mod or something so it doesn't appear in search new posts.

If we get abuse of the forum (lol...abuse...in a abuse forum...lol), then, well come on guys, you've got expect abuse of it, there's abuse everywhere one every forum, not a lot, but a little, and there's always ways to fix that, disable posting, or get rid of their permission masks in seeing that forum.

This is a big debate here guys, this could provide a lot of use; I actually wish to give some advice on what to avoid.

This is not something someone can come in and say no and close the topic. I know this isn't a democracy, but at least give THIS thread a chance to see what the public say.

If everyone hates it, well it's only an idea right? :thumbsup:.

-Friz-

#6 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

Why not? Apart from the fact that more then half of codexians have either done drugs and/or know how harmful they are. ^_^

I'm all for it. :thumbsup: If it's welly made then we should give it a trial. If it's good , then keep it.If people don't like it , then take it down.

#7 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

Between this and the push for a "RL issues" forum - why not just bring back a mature forum? Where you can discuss things like this, or any other serious issues.

#8 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

...I tried making a big explanation, but it wouldn't come out right, so here's the main point of what I would say.

I think it would be a good idea, but some people will end up ruining it.

I wouldn't make a forum for just drugs, though. Maybe all real life issues?

#9 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

As long as it doesn't turn into '98 Ways to Make a Bong' and other druggie horror stories.

#10 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:21 PM

Yes, but people who would want help on cleaning, kids and other stuff that are very anti-drugs wouldn't want to see how to take an ectasy tablet above their topic on where to hire a cleaner/nanny.

#11 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

98 bottled bongs on the wall, 98 bottled bongs on the wall
You take one down
Toke it around
97 bottled bongs on the wall.

#12 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:36 PM

I'm pro. Just me. If I would have known aobut all the shit that would happen to me, I would have never touched them.

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

...I tried making a big explanation, but it wouldn't come out right, so here's the main point of what I would say.

I think it would be a good idea, but some people will end up ruining it.

I wouldn't make a forum for just drugs, though. Maybe all real life issues?

Hmm yea like the mature forum idea that has been going around. Hmm

#14 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Mature forum seems like a simple idea. If you are of discression to view it, you can. Though I would like to see a drug forum seperate from the mature forum (subforum maybe?), as it would explain substances, effects, and whatnot, not 98 ways to make a bong pipe or a guide on making cm.

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Yeah.. I personally even want the drug forum sub catagorized itself. Trip Reports, Safety Precautions, Q&A, drug culture etc. etc.

Holy shet lol

#16 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

NVM. Remoced by Cataliste for content and bad ideas.

Note: If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.

Edited by Cataliste, 16 March 2006 - 02:52 PM.

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

Hahah dammm guys you really have plans for this forum don't you :p lol

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

Nothing about making or condoning drug use though..

#19 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

make it. discourage me from trying drugs.

#20 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I think it is a good Idea if its about reducing the amount of drug taking and harm reduction and what not.

#21 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

Ugh...again? If it's anything like the last Mature Discussions forum then it will be crap. You guys are talking about how it's not going to condone drug use and will probably discourage it, but I can't see that happening. Who out of the druggies on codex are actually going to post that whatever they're taking is harmful and should not be taken? From what I remember about the last one the topics were normally something like

whoa...im so hi right now
What is favorite drug?
How to make whatever the hell that cactus thing Cody posted was
What was your best high?

I know you guys are pushing for having it moderated, but how can anyone give an unbiased opinion on the matter? If you are against drugs then you can pull up research that supports that claim, if you're for them then you can say that they do not have any particularly bad effects.

#22 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

but how although we don't condone drug use we realize it exists and that if you are going to use drugs to at least have all the facts AND know how to take them safely and not OD etc.

Yeah, see that's the part that's cool with me as long as it doesn't get too preachy in either direction. The thing is that while you're going to be posting the negative effects of them you will also post stories about what you felt like/etc. while on the drug. Considering that you still do all of this shit I'm guessing that the stories will be pretty glowing. Obviously you don't currently take every drug you've ever tried and you'll say that some of them were crappy, but as for the ones that you do...

#23 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

Personally No! This kind of stuff is mature and if the parents of the some of these members found out that the forum is discussing drugs, they're gonna get concered and I'm gonna guess they wouldn't want there kids to talk to drug addicts. I don't know many people that have done drugs at all on Codex. so I don't see a good source of discussion from members. So we can't really contribute that much to the forum. In my opinion it's gonna make codex lose it's respect. You can always post this up on General chat or if you want it to remain confedential post it on Private General Chat. In all my time here I've never seen a thread that involved drugs in a serious way. So I don't think it's at all needed.

#24 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Definitely no... It could all be done in one topic, if it really HAD to be done... it doesn't need its own forum. If someone finds cause to talk about drugs on a forum every day, they need to be seeking help from family, friends, or professionals... not NeoCodex...

Edited by BrknPhoenix, 16 March 2006 - 04:50 PM.

#25 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

Perosnally I think it's a good idea. I have done laods of drugs, netbus...well I'm sur ehe's done something :p

Sharing from experience, a well informe dperson is likely to try drugs and find out what it is like. For instance I dont think anyone should roll E, while I think marijuanna, has its uses :D

I don't particualrly like being called an addict either as I am now clean, and hav ebene for months.

But shairng my experiences could help some people not mess with the wrong drugs, or not take any at all, so I feel its worth while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users