Quantcast

The Altador Plot Guide

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

Like the title says- credit to kadoatie.org because this is where my source of information comes from, but I figured it wouldn't harm a step by step quick guide on codex.

1. The Hall of Heroes. Go here.

2. See the yurble in the background, at the far right? Click on him.

3. He's not that bright, and says he can't figure out what the button does. Click on the button.

4. Uh oh! Well done. Why did you click on the button? If I told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? The yurble is super pissed off now. Leave the Hall. Head for the Altadorian Archives?.

5. Click on the open door on the right.

6. Read what the Lenny has to say. Click on the book holding up the table leg to take it.

7. Again! You idiot! That was stupid of you. If you took *that* book, what would hold up the table? Jump off a cliff...

8. Here at the Perfectly Flat Rock Quarry, there might be a replacement for that book...

Courtesy of kadoatie.org, this is where to find the flat rock you are looking for:

Posted Image

9. Back to the Altadorian Archives?. Click on the book again.

10. The book is now on the stone pedestal behind the table next to the book shelf. Click on it. Read.

11. Back to the Hall of Heroes. Go to the Angry Yurble again. He wants oil. Let's go find some oil. Click on the base of each statue to find the oil. Note the statue you found it by!!!. Found it? Go back to the Angry Yurble.

12. Click the button again. Something exciting happens. And the Angry Yurble is Angry with you again. Back in the Hall of Heroes, there is a stair case to the left. Go to it.

13. Admire the view :) Go back downstairs. Now on each statue click the top row of pixels. Like so: (again, this is courtesy of kadoatie.org)

Posted Image

14. Back at the archives, the Lenny guy is amazed, wowee! Outside in the foyer of the archive place, is a notice board. Click on the poster with the telescope on it. Join the club.

15. Back to that domey area in the Hall of Heroes. Place your new telescope on the telescope holder.

The Darkest Faerie:
16. A new area in Altador is available: The Tomb. Do you see on the door it has those dots joined up, convieniently in the shape of a constellation? Good. Everyone should have the same shape, three dots joined up, and another three, which should make a 'v' shape. You'll need to click on one of those dots to get a close up.

17. Go back to talk to the Lenny Archivist. You will not be able to do the next step without talking to him.

18. Back to the dome! Do the telescope thing, it's time to look for that 'v' shapped constellation.
  • Go here, to make a star map. You don't have to, but trust me it will help!
  • Go here to get your co-ordinates. You need them to make the star map.
Okay, I had to do this in internet explorer, for some reason it wouldn't work for me in firefox.

-update- Jaf has found an easier way!;) Use that to find your constellation- it's much easier! :D
-also- the rest of the guide might not make sense a little... I wrote the next two steps when I was under the assuption you were using the star map, not the constellation finder. If that makes sense...

19. Now that you have your star map, look for that 'v' shape.
Couresty of kadoatie.org, it should look like this:
Posted Image
Apparently the stars don't have to be the same colour, some peoples are, some peoples aren't.

20. After just doing mine- they weren't the same colour. It took me ages, and I got the star map all wrong, etc etc, so if you have any problems just post here, and I'll help sort you out. Okay, it will say "congratulations you have found a new constellation" etc etc, you click 'continue', then some creepy eyes appear in the sky.

-again- steps 19 and 20, have been written under the assumption you were using the star map. The constellation finder- Jaf's find- is MUCH better :)

21. Back to the Lenny Archivist. He goes on forever talking about nothing in particular. He tells you to read the book again- so read it. Quite interesting, and rather dramatic but whatever.

22. Back at the Hall of Heroes, the Angry Yurble is Very Angry. Nothing different there then. by the way- that constellation you just found, well if you haven't worked it out yet, it's the darkest faerie constellation, and those creepy eyes? -yep, they were her eyes. On her statue at the Hall of Heroes, click on her statue. Click on the first line of pixels, and check out her gem stones thing. See how some of them have been highlighted and joined up? Niccccce!

The Dreamer:
23. In Altador, somewhere on the top right hand corner of the map is a wisp of cloud. Click on it. You'll get this picture:

Posted Image
Again, that was kadoatie.org.
Click on the gap in the clouds, to get a close up of the dreamer constellation.

24. Go talk to the Lenny Archivist- You have to do this if you want to find your constellation!!!

25. To the Dome you go! And place your telescope on the holder.

26. Co-ordinates for the map.

-psst!- use Jaf's constellation finder instead! 27. Here is the constellation you are looking for: most people found it near the sleeper. It's a lot harder to find this one eh? :(

Posted Image

28. I've just done it, and it is a BITCH to find. But it was near the sleeper- so don't be put out.

29. Some irrelevent new things you can do if you want:
  • Talk to the Angry Yurble. He says something about the gems lighting up the place
  • Go the the statue of Psellia. Click on the top row of pixels, and some of her gems have lit up too.
  • Go to the Astronomy Club (click on the poster again). They'll treat you like a right hero!
Psellia looks like this by the way:
Posted Image

30. Back to the Archivist. Read what ever it is he has to say, and then read the book. Interesting stuff!

The First to Awaken:
31. At the tomb, click on the bottom left pixel. It's literally like one pixel, so bottom left- move your mouse around to find it.

32. Return to the Hall of Heroes, click on the Dancer statue. She's on the left of the King. Well- his right. Well when you've clicked on her, click on the window behind her.

33. You'll be taken to a garden, where several spots are lined up. Click on one of the spots. Hurrah! There's your constellation.

34. To the archivist- otherwise you can't do the constellation...
Then the dome... to finish it off.

35. Posted Image

36. Finished? Back to the Archivist, read the newest chapters in the book, and then to the astronomy club to get a badge :p

The Farmer
37. In Altador?, there is a new area to go to: a farm!

Posted Image

38. Once there, you meet the farmer, who seems pretty friendly- I'm sure he won't mind if you go into his windmill. Click on the windmill's door.

39. The farmer won't mind if you opperate his machinary will he? Click on the lever.

40. Actually, he did mind. So keep your hands to yourself next time. His anger closely resembles the Angry Yurble's, so let's make a swift exit, and dive out the window. Click on the window.

41. A bit high... wouldn't want to jump that... Click on one of the haystacks. Ta-da! A constellation!

42. Talk to the archivist- remember you can't do the next step without talking to him first.

43. Posted Image

44. And finally:
1. The Astronomy Club, to once again show off your success.
2. The Archivist, to once again read the newest chapter.

The Dancer
45. At the Archives, there is a new poster on the newsboard, with one of those disco orbs. Dance club! Let's join...

46. Well it turns out we aren't really invited to join, but no matter: we've got a constellation; click on one of the reflection things next to the disco orb to get this:

Posted Image

47. 48. This is what you are looking for:
Posted Image

49. Done? :) Now you can read the newest pages in that old book.

The Wave
50. In Altador?, take a visit to the sea side:

Posted Image

51. Once there, click on one of the waves in the sea. It should get you a pattern.

52. 53. You are looking for this:
Posted Image

54. Read up on the latest. And then to the Astronomy Club, where you can recieve a present.

55. It's really generous of them to give you a broken gift, but hey- it's the thought that counts. Broken toy? Go to the Toy Repair Shop, and pay 400np odd, to get it fixed.

**Note, step 14 & 15- Credit goes to rattown and Jaf**
**Note, that Jaf's constellation finder, is much better than the star map kadoatie.org suggests**
That's all for now: will update when there is something to be updated. :)

Edited by Analogué, 09 April 2006 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

Another plot so soon <_<
Thank you Suz for this, maybe i might particpate in this plot but i doubt it. Those mining jubjubs look so funny *chortle*

#3 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

It's dead easy though. Takes like.. 10 minutes seriously. I imagine it gets harder though.

#4 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

I can follow simple directions like this. ^^

#5 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:00 AM

It always gets harder, and by the looks of it at some point we will have to mine, and i reckon thats practically gonna be the same as spending hours roaming round just like in the Pyramid thing when moving furniture.

#6 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

It always gets harder, and by the looks of it at some point we will have to mine, and i reckon thats practically gonna be the same as spending hours roaming round just like in the Pyramid thing when moving furniture.

That. Was the WORSE plot ever. I hated every moment of that constant ROAMING of that CENSOREDing pyramid. A very unpleasent memory indeed.

:) I'm glad you cal follow easy instructions. Kadoatie.org, is a little more intensive with wording, but it's a good read on the website. And it comes with images. I just found some of what they said unnecessary, so I summarised :)

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

I can follow simple directions like this. ^^

Dam I can't someone make a prog for ppl like me lol

#8 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:08 AM

It's literally a series of "click here" "and now click here" :p <--- smiley :)

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

It's literally a series of "click here" "and now click here" :p <--- smiley :)

lol im just kidding :p lol
smilies i like! :D lol makes things less serious :)

#10 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

Also the odd joke aye? :)

by the way- would it be easy to make a program for this? Because I'm looking for something really easy to do to get my programming going again.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

Shet I fogor to use a smiley and it soudned serious suz i told you! :p lol

yea dam ez. just a bunch of url executions lol

#12 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

Shet I fogor to use a smiley and it soudned serious suz i told you! :p lol

yea dam ez. just a bunch of url executions lol

I'll think I'll make it a program then. I really need to fill in some long unfilled hours :p

And Noit :) I totally agree with you the smileys thing :p I always will agree with you, always have agreed with you :p For me, the :p is habit. For you I think the :) smiley is yours xD or at least it used to be, before you went to collage :p

#13 japser_be

japser_be
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:46 PM

rofl nice suz
this will be my first plot i will ever follow :

#14 Mystical

Mystical
  • 1020 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:04 PM

noit! I'm sure sockopen will make a program for this LOL

#15 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

This one is easy so far, this... will be the 2nd plot I have ever followed.

#16 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

Just did it. I wonder why tnt made it take so long to do.

#17 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

Just did it. I wonder why tnt made it take so long to do.

I think because they want the plot to be long.

#18 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

i dont understand this whole plot thing, what do we get for doing it?

#19 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

i dont understand this whole plot thing, what do we get for doing it?

well prizes and stuff are made clear *after* the plot is over.

#20 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

If someone doesn't post the next series of steps, I'll forget that it even exists. Har har har!

#21 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

Thankees Suz! I didn't even know a new plot had started until this! Be sure to update, or else I'll never get my pretty prizes. :(

#22 Guest_Analogué_*

Guest_Analogué_*

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Actually the LDP plot was in November and December, it's only prizes that just came out.
You ONLY did the tablet. I did every single bloody part of it except sand. How dare you complain :p You even had a map where-as I memorised that goddam tomb!
You've no idea how exhausting doing the scrolls bit was... no idea.

My dear girl. YOU try doing a map! I tell you xD

Apart from that you're right XD You did have it worse than me :p

#23 X23X

X23X
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:53 AM

Anyway seems like a nice plot and easy so far. THis only took about 15 min easy so you all should do it by the way i always wonder how people go about finding this stuff out just guess and check right?

#24 Rush

Rush
  • 1812 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for this guide ^_^
I didn't even now there was a plot already ^_^

#25 X23X

X23X
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

Well i didnt know about this plot eaither so thanks i guess

1 user(s) are reading this topic