Quantcast

Photo

Should women be allowed to play in mens golf?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Golf

Should women be allowed to play in mens golf leagues?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

It's called Men's Golf for a reason. Just like there is a Men's Football and a Woman's Football (in America anyways).

Every individual requires different levels of training to reach the same level. On the majority though, women must train harder to reach that same level. There is never a peak fitness, as science is always finding "better ways to train."

To be honest, stop bitching.

#27 Bill

Bill
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

Haha... this is obviously about Michelle Wie, right? I think that women should be allowed to play in men's golf. I mean, men obviously have the advantage because they can swing the club faster resulting in a farther drive, and their bodies are such that they are naturally better in most athletic sports. (Tennis, basketball, volleyball, skating, football, etc.) Why stop ambitious women who look forward to the challenge? I mean, it's evident that they are already at a disadvantage if they do, anyways...

That being said, it infers that I don't think men should be able to play in women's golf because of their physical strength, etc. Besides, I'd doubt that any man would want to play in womens, as they would be undoubtedly ridiculed.

Edited by Bill, 06 June 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#28 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:39 PM

Haha... this is obviously about Michelle Wie, right? I think that women should be allowed to play in men's golf. I mean, men obviously have the advantage because they can swing the club faster resulting in a farther drive, and their bodies are such that they are naturally better in most athletic sports. (Tennis, basketball, volleyball, skating, football, etc.) Why stop ambitious women who look forward to the challenge? I mean, it's evident that they are already at a disadvantage if they do, anyways...

That being said, it infers that I don't think men should be able to play in women's golf because of their physical strength, etc. Besides, I'd doubt that any man would want to play in womens, as they would be undoubtedly ridiculed.

So a highly trained woman should be allowed to play in a Men's league, but an underdeveloped male shouldn't be allowed to play in a Women's league? Mind elaborating?

#29 Bill

Bill
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

Well, most men who turn pro are not "underdeveloped" or they'd realize soon enough that they weren't "up to standards" and they'd probably quit. However, for women, I don't see the disadvantages of having a "highly trained woman" compete with men. That "highly trained woman" probably isn't even better than the top x number of men, and it's not like they'll have such extreme success that it would be an issue of prize money.

#30 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

I'm not talking about disadvantages and advantages, nor about success; rather, how would you logically back having a woman compete in a men's league but not a man in a women's.

#31 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:35 AM

No. There are leagues for both sex's, so this double standard has no reason to rise up.

It's no ones fault except for the shitty women golf players that no one turns into ESPN82147 to watch them play golf.

#32 Stepoo

Stepoo
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

I don't think they should be allowed to play in Mens golf. Men play in mens golf, women play in womens golf. Instead there should be co-op golf, where men and women play together, in harmony. :D

#33 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

It wouldn't be mens golf if women were playing with them, now would it?

#34 Blaine

Blaine
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

Wait wait wait. Firstly, why would men want to compete IN women leagues? "Woohoo look at me display my masculinity as I defeat these women with my putting-prowess" <_<

It is a valid arguement that women aren't as strong as men (on average) and this causes unfair advantage for men. However, equality is a valid arguement.

I propose that, instead of women playing in men leagues or men playing in women's (lol), there should be intergender majors. The men should continue to have their tourney's and the women their's, but PGA should create majors specifically for men and women. Perhaps team/pair play. A male and female per team. That seems to satisfy both cases.

Forgive me if this sort of thing is done already, I don't watch golf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users