Quantcast

Photo

How much would it take to conquer the United States?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

The most likely way that America would fall would have to be political instability within the nation. I've seriously contemplated a revolution. But until the point that my vote doesn't count, I'll abstain from any treasonous activity :p

Guerrilla forces taking over farms in the midwest and slowly infiltrating as far as silicon valley (economically, not geographically far) would not be as big a stretch as you might think. Look at what happened with the People's Temple in the US (and later Guyana). And they were only silly religious extremists. They can't even compare to serious, dedicated revolutionaries.

#27 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:07 PM

Bleh, political ways will destroy us. Take last years Christmas for example. We call it a Christmas tree for hundreds of years and now people get sued for it and are forced to call it the 'Holiday Tree' Well I university got pissed off at that and put a 'Holiday Tree' up and then next to it a 2 x bigger 'Christmas Tree' And they got OMFG LYKEZ BADZ PR! Wow, fuck the government and there oh such political correctness.

#28 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:37 AM

It would take a mutanty of the U.N, and our closest allies.

http://en.wikipedia....Doomsday_device

Just taking out the important part..

After the advent of nuclear weapons, especially hydrogen bombs, they have usually been the dominant components of fictional doomsday devices. RAND strategist Herman Kahn proposed a "Doomsday Machine" in the 1950s which would consist of a computer linked to a stockpile of hydrogen bombs, programmed to detonate them all and bathe the planet in nuclear fallout at the signal of an impeding nuclear attack from another nation. Such a scheme, fictional as it was, epitomized for many the extremes of the suicidal logic behind the strategy of mutually assured destruction, and it was famously parodied in the Stanley Kubrick film from 1964, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. It is also a main topic of the movie Beneath the Planet of the Apes, in parallel with the species extermination theme. Most such models either rely on the fact that hydrogen bombs can be made indefinitely large (see Teller-Ulam design) or that they can be "salted" with materials designed to create long-lasting and hazardous fallout (e.g. a cobalt bomb).

The idea was to bring a satelite into space, and then have it on an instant, launch a bunch of hydrogen bombs onto Russia. It was supposed to be able to knock out the entire country. It was originally designed for the cold war. I think it was also brought back up when Reaganwas president, but it was denied.

Anyways, I guess if you had that you could take out the U.S

Edited by speaker, 15 June 2006 - 04:46 AM.

#29 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:48 AM

Anti Nuclear Energy bacteria -> Nullify the nuclear weapons, their last source
Oxygen Destroyer -> Cause oxygen annhialation throughout the cost of the United states, destroying many ships in the process.
Titanium -> Acquisition of titanium in order to create strong shields
Cadmium Misslies -> Damage cities
Nuclear Weapons -> Destroy!

It would take a mutanty of the U.N, and our closest allies.

http://en.wikipedia....Doomsday_device

Just taking out the important part..
The idea was to bring a satelite into space, and then have it on an instant, launch a bunch of hydrogen bombs onto Russia. It was supposed to be able to knock out the entire country. It was originally designed for the cold war. I think it was also brought back up when Reaganwas president, but it was denied.

Anyways, I guess if you had that you could take out the U.S

The only problem is, that the US could fire a countermissile in just enough time in order to create a nuclear stratosphere. So they'd be covered.

Edited by Bruce Rastivakian, 15 June 2006 - 06:46 AM.

#30 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:50 AM

Missiles would certainly not do it all.

#31 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:53 AM

SAS > US Military

#32 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

Missiles would certainly not do it all.

ROFL dude, you do realize I just made all that up?

#33 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

Nah, Someone is going to try to nuke someone and united states will release the fucking 1000+ they have and kill everyone cause there fucking stupid. WHO THE FUCK NEEDS THAT MANY FUCKING NUKES? I mean cmon' 2 Nukes ended a war. NOW WE NEED THOUSANDS OF NUKES?

I have a question for you. If you go to the bar one night and see one cop their and some little arse hole starts crap with you what are you going to do? Chances are very high that your not going to take the crap and kick his ass. Now in the same situation except their are 500 cops. Exactly the opposite will occur.

Presence is everything. I know if I had the largest Military in the world *IE China* I wouldn't attack a country that had over 250 nukes aimed straight at me and have the ability to have a thousand more coming my way in less than a few hours.

Oxygen Destroyer -> Cause oxygen annhialation throughout the cost of the United states, destroying many ships in the process.
The only problem is, that the US could fire a countermissile in just enough time in order to create a nuclear stratosphere. So they'd be covered.

Anti Nuclear Energy bacteria...I don't know if its real, but I am going to imagine it is. Do you know that during WWII when the A bomb was dropped on Japan it killed around 60k people from the blast alone? That has nothing to do with radiation. It eventually killed another 60k over the next few weeks from radiation, but just getting rid of the nukes will not effect the blast.

#34 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

Anti Nuclear Energy bacteria...I don't know if its real, but I am going to imagine it is. Do you know that during WWII when the A bomb was dropped on Japan it killed around 60k people from the blast alone? That has nothing to do with radiation. It eventually killed another 60k over the next few weeks from radiation, but just getting rid of the nukes will not effect the blast.

Seeing as there could be a reverse ANEB bomb, I'm sure it's possible. But ANEB is from GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE, but there are no plans to create an ANEB. Though there is an oxygen destroyer made through the influences of the original Godzilla. LOL!

#35 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

A big bomb. A REALLY, REALLY big bomb. And some butter with your toast.

#36 Martin

Martin
  • User under investigation - Potential scammer

• 772 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

Well first of all Americas economy and goverment is quickly going down the drain. Many parts of the goverment are being run by corrupt officials and I see no end in sight. Americans greed is slowly killing the country. Taxes are through the roof and the prices of basic needs food/fuel/medicine are skyrocketing. The average American (based on memory) makes about $45,000. Everyday though people go around buying multiple gas guzzling cars and huge houses! Almost everyone in the country owes money! An average person has almost $10,000 in credit card debt (abc news) It also doesnt help that almost every country in the middle east hates us and that the U.S always feels like it is the worlds mother and must take care of everyone after a natural disaster/war. In fact everyday almost 900million is spent in Iraq!

America's army is spread pretty thin however, with the large amount of resources/technology that we have, it quickly makes up for it. If the U.S continues spreading its forces all it would be much easier to conquer us.

The American population has been known over the last few decades to oppose a fight unless America itself is attacked. Plus if a nuke was ever dropped on the U.S. there would be MASS panic! People would literaly kill each other trying to get to safety and to get supplies. There would be utter chaos! It was bad enough with 9/11 just think of what it would be like if the whole city of New York was attacked. So briefly after a nuke the country would be in shambles! At that time if a large invasion of our country was underway, with so few troops in the U.S and public chaos it woulds be easy to invade the country. Then after a while the U.S will launce a few of their nukes and all hell will break loose. If their are smart, the countries that oppose the U.S. will join together and target America.

I dont see any of this happening in the near future but I do think its possible

#37 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:02 AM

It launches a number of bombs, and it is from space, it could easily just hover over the U.S.

#38 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:43 PM

So briefly after a nuke the country would be in shambles! At that time if a large invasion of our country was underway, with so few troops in the U.S and public chaos it woulds be easy to invade the country. Then after a while the U.S will launce a few of their nukes and all hell will break loose. If their are smart, the countries that oppose the U.S. will join together and target America.

I dont see any of this happening in the near future but I do think its possible

The citizens would be in shambles, not the government and the military. They typically have things pretty well under control.

Few troops my ass. We have plenty of National Gaurdsmen and Women who are still here. Iraq does not require our whole military. Plus, how would the troops necessary to fight a ground battle get here safely? Boat- Nope, our Navy can take down most ships trying to come anywhere near us, if the Navy fails we got plenty of missles and planes capable of delivering the blow.
By Ground- Good luck crossing the border, sure Mexicans do it all the time, but with the Army present, no way. We have the technology and goods to own anybody. An Abrams can take out other vehicles miles away with stunning accuracy, good luck getting by the tank. An Apache would own everything that breaths from the sky, good luck with that. A stealth bomber would reak havoc, have fun.

Nukes dont fix anything, same with any other weapon of mass destruction. I do not see us using a nuke anytime soon. The after effects are too devestating.

#39 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

I am going to have to call your bluff on that one martin. Yes we have a lot of troops over seas, but we are far from spread to thin.

You also made a comment about American being every one's mothers. What happens when we get involved with other peoples affairs? They bitch. They think that we act like every ones mothers and stick our nose where it shouldn't be. What happens when we try to stay out of people's business? They bitch. They think that we are supposed to stay out of everyone's business, but give them money.

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we don't just nuke the whole world and be done with it. The only thing that keeps me understanding why we don't is the few boards like this that I chat on. People from all over the world who are just like me and would be a damn shame to lose them all. Sometimes it is hard to think logically though when everyone can only do one thing. Bitch.

#40 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we don't just nuke the whole world and be done with it. The only thing that keeps me understanding why we don't is the few boards like this that I chat on. People from all over the world who are just like me and would be a damn shame to lose them all. Sometimes it is hard to think logically though when everyone can only do one thing. Bitch.

I agree, I would love to just kill off all of Palestine/Iran/Iraq. If that's what you're saying.

Like really, it would end everything.

#41 Vegas

Vegas
  • Why So Serious?

• 2323 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

From a military attack and invasion standpoint I don't see it. Even with Russia's tech, China's manpower and North Korea's watever, U.S.A advanced technology would kill them. Plus the fact that it's got NATO backing it up and India is becoming a new ally and India to me matches China. Unless all of America's allies turn on U.S.A. I don't see America falling due through military operations therefore American can't be conquered.

Crumbling within is different senario but I don't think I'll see America falling to that in my lifetime.

#42 Blaine

Blaine
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:51 PM

I'll just come out an say it:

Avian Flu FTW!!!!!11!!!11!11one!!1!

#43 Martin

Martin
  • User under investigation - Potential scammer

• 772 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

I am going to have to call your bluff on that one martin. Yes we have a lot of troops over seas, but we are far from spread to thin.

You also made a comment about American being every one's mothers. What happens when we get involved with other peoples affairs? They bitch. They think that we act like every ones mothers and stick our nose where it shouldn't be. What happens when we try to stay out of people's business? They bitch. They think that we are supposed to stay out of everyone's business, but give them money.

True! Ive been looking at some stats and have found we are not even close to being thin. However in the future I think it could be a slight problem. Although the US can always reinstate the draft (I highly doubt it will ever happen.)

I see what you mean about America sticking our nose into other peoples buisness. All countries want is our money. <_< What would the world do without the US? :p

#44 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:18 PM

<_< What would the world do without the US? :p

Be owned by Germany and Japan.

#45 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

Amazing topic!!! Truly amazing! Hmm...I'm going to go ahead and say that this is impossible. Given that we are very unafraid to launch first strikes and even massive retaliatory strikes, the concept of MAD(Mutually Assured Destruction) will seemingly always keep us out of harm's way. Disregarding that principle for this discussion, and we can still see an awfully hard task for someone to undertake. Suicide bombers would definitely be the optimal strategy, I'm not talking planes...I'm talking the good old fashion suitcase and backpack nukes. These could stand to cause a good bit of confusion, but not really enough. Lord knows that our officials would be rapidly secured after just one attack and given our military infrastructure, we would be able to communicate with all of our standing assets at any given time. A typical air or sea attack wouldn't have a prayer given our radar and missile installations...so the only real way to cause some damage seems to be an internal attack...there just doesn't seem to be anything on a large enough scale that could cause enough damage to illicit a national surrender, not that I could ever immagine our government making, despite the odds we face. I do consider our country (USA) to be the next great civilization after Rome and I do very much expect an eventual fall that paralells that of Rome. However, don't expect this to be influenced by anyone but our own citizens. We are a very bi-partisan country the way it is, but luckily we are still united under the concept of freedom and nationalism, otherwise we would have a long overdue civil war.

And now for the short answer.

They attack us...we nuke them...they nuke us...we all die...except for us wisconsinites. no one cares enough about us. :)

MAD wins out as always!

http://en.wikipedia....red_destruction

Edit: Guys who are saying team up and take over the world. Seriously, it would be so pointless it's really not even comprehendable. We, as any of the superpowers do, have enough ICBMs to nuke the entire world's population thousands of times over.

And then there's the possiblity of conservation of life at all costs. I invite you all to read the movie summary listed below.

http://imdb.com/titl...083/plotsummary

Basically it's a movie in 1964 where we mistakingly think the soviets have attacked and we send our bombers in to nuke the entire country. Well, beyond a certain point, the bombers were instructed that any recall attempts were fake and to continue with the mission. Long story short, one of our bombers makes it to moscow and drops the bomb. Both the president and russia's leader know that this was a mistake but the only way for the Russians not to have to retalliate is that the US president decides to nuke NYC himself.

Just a crazy ass movie but it shows the lengths to which we would really have to go to stop the escalation.

Edited by Cript, 27 June 2006 - 06:48 AM.

#46 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:47 AM

lots and lots of $$ xD

Edited by Adobe, 27 June 2006 - 06:47 AM.

#47 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

Anyways, The government in the USA is just plain fucking retarded.

Think you could do better?

Also, you're in a debate, using the phrase "fucking retarded" doesn't really serve much of a purpose in making your point.

#48 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

Naw...
The best way is to secretly develop a new fuel source that every country besides the US can use, then after each country has their hands on that source, BURN ALL THE OIL!!! Muahahahaa... Then the US would pretty much die, because everyone hates us and won't give us the feul source, so while we are weak, we get nuked by Canada. :)

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

Think you could do better?

Easily. I'm just not rich enough.

#50 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

Naw...
The best way is to secretly develop a new fuel source that every country besides the US can use, then after each country has their hands on that source, BURN ALL THE OIL!!! Muahahahaa... Then the US would pretty much die, because everyone hates us and won't give us the feul source, so while we are weak, we get nuked by Canada. :)

It would be kind of hard for the richest, most technologically advanced country not to be in the forefront of the fuel race. Not to mention that we would very quickly find out about any new fuel source given our current reconaissance efforts. And regardless of how little oil we have, the nukes are already there, just waiting for the button to be pressed.

*sigh*

Easily. I'm just not rich enough.

Let's hear your iron clad ideas Lee. The current system of government has done pretty well in making the country into the only remaining superpower. If any of us had a "perfect" idea or system of government the US could undertake, we would be senior advisors, not people talking on an internet forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users