Scientology

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

For the sake of debate, what is your standpoint on the Church of Scientology? Much controversy surronds the church, and many have made claims to further their belief it is blasphemy. I believe, simply, that it is a very strange Buddhism-like religion which attempts to explain things, but does it in a very strange form which does not provide any mathametical (or scientific) proof of their claims.

#2 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:25 PM

They are an insane and harmful religion organization, and should be destroyed in the most painful sense of the word.

Edited by BrknPhoenix, 16 May 2006 - 05:26 PM.

#3 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

I agree that should happen to the current leaders of CoS. They treat their members and others like shit, constantly lie and backstab, deny people their own rights, etc.

#4 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

They're rather stupid...any religion should be loyal to its other members....

#5 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

They are an insane and harmful religion organization, and should be destroyed in the most painful sense of the word.

:funone: Amen! It's all too wierd. I can't stand it <_< O_o

#6 bluewater

bluewater
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:30 PM

I read in a book once "I never saw the difference between a cult and a religeon, just a popularity contest". I somewhat thought there was truth in that statement. Infact I still do but Scientology definately makes me rethink that. It is VERY close to borderline cult.

The ways of the so called "church" is just awful. And what they actualy believe in is laughable (much more than most religeons). So yeah, mt standpoint isn't to be angry at the idiots for creating the cult it's just to try and shun it and slowly let it fade into obscurity.

#7 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

So yeah, mt standpoint isn't to be angry at the idiots for creating the cult it's just to try and shun it and slowly let it fade into obscurity.

It's been around since the 60s and unfortunately is only gaining in popularity :\ I believe its headquarters is in Britain, and it has churches all over the world. :(

#8 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

It was in GB, but due to Hubbards son denying the position claiming it was false, it was moved to LA.

#9 bluewater

bluewater
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

Please remember the guy who created Scientology was a science-fiction writer, and was quoted to saying (off the top of my head): "Where the real money is, it's in making your own religion".

Oh, and let's not forget the genius and believable story of Xenu.

Yeah, the story is what is the worst. It's SO messed up... Aliens, eh? Well, it's a tiny bit more believable than God but the was it's portrayed is just insane... But idiots are always waiting for the next voice to tell them what to do.

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:53 PM

This topic has become a bashing upon scientology. Therefore it has been closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users