Quantcast

Photo

Wal-Mart or Target?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Wal-Mart or Target? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the two do you support?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Inside Of You

Inside Of You
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

Pick one, pick one!
We have this ultra fancy Wal-Mart here. It's on display on the Wal-Mart website XD

But the Super Target across the street is just as nice XD

Here's our Wal-Mart...
http://walmartstores...amp;contId=6088

Featured in Wikipedia as well.
I feels speh-shul.

Wal-Mart sushi, anyone?

Yea, but I'm still a Target fan... For political reasons. :p

Edited by Inside Of You, 30 June 2006 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Wal-Mart, though there isn't any in my near area, theres one only 30Minutes or so away. I only go there for the super cheap fishing gear. I can get 10x what I get at Modells in fishing equipment there.

#3 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

Can't decide, I rarely go to Walmart, so I'm going to say Target

#4 Vanessa

Vanessa
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Well, I live in Australia. There's no Wal-Mart here, so I'll have to say Target.
Target is a pretty nice shop anyway :)

#5 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

Wal-Mart is generally the superior store.

Target really is as much of a (white) ghetto store as Wal-Mart is, though. They just hide it better. And have not as wide of a selection of products, and at a higher price.

Honestly, who would shop at Target over Wal-Mart? You're deluding yourself if you think it's better.

#6 �ƻ

�ƻ
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

Target FTW I mean it has everything it even sells food well the one at our mall and it has SLUSHIES :p and well basicly thats why Target.

#7 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

Walmart is my Home away from home.
Me and my buddies once stayed 24hours in a super walmart. Yea were cool.

#8 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

Honestly, who would shop at Target over Wal-Mart? You're deluding yourself if you think it's better.

I would, because I care about people.

Walmart does "Lock ins", Target does not.
Walmart's health insurance only covers about 44% of their workers, and Wal-Mart spends $3,500 on average per employee for health care while the average money spent for health care per employee for the entire retail industry is $4,800. I could not find insurance information from Target.

I just dont believe in some of Walmarts practices, thats all. Things are a few cents cheaper usually at Walmart, I dont see the point of saving a few pennies. I would much rather shop at Target, pay the extra penny or two, and know I supported a company which treats its employees better.

#9 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

Walmart sucks. Ever since Sam Walton died their customer service has went out the window. Now they either need to have a 100% turn around or they need to just blow the fuck up. Target sucks too, but isn't nearly as bad as the money hungry walmart monster.

#10 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

I would, because I care about people.

Walmart does "Lock ins", Target does not.
Walmart's health insurance only covers about 44% of their workers, and Wal-Mart spends $3,500 on average per employee for health care while the average money spent for health care per employee for the entire retail industry is $4,800. I could not find insurance information from Target.

I just dont believe in some of Walmarts practices, thats all. Things are a few cents cheaper usually at Walmart, I dont see the point of saving a few pennies. I would much rather shop at Target, pay the extra penny or two, and know I supported a company which treats its employees better.

I wasn't talking about the company itself. I was talking about the quality of products. ;)

#11 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

I wasn't talking about the company itself. I was talking about the quality of products. ;)

The products are produced at the same place, packaged at the same place, and shipped from the same place. How does that make a difference?

Edited by hawk117, 01 July 2006 - 09:26 AM.

#12 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

I chose Target because the super wal-mart around here gets waaaaay too crowded. I hate having to duck and dodge around people just trying to get to the electronics section v_v

#13 lookie1st

lookie1st
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

Target. I really dont like Walmart even though they are cheaper than Target. The people in Walmart just bug me. Especially the ones behind the register.

#14 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

Walmart FTW. Target is really slopppy around by my house. It has no order and the employee are pretty much idiots. Walmart has a better feel to it ^^

#15 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

The products are produced at the same place, packaged at the same place, and shipped from the same place. How does that make a difference?

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Do you not read, man!

"Honestly, who would shop at Target over Wal-Mart? You're deluding yourself if you think it's better."

I did not say it was any worse. <grin>

Of course, Target's limited selection over Wal-Mart's generally larger selection of products makes Wal-Mart the superior store, given that the quality is exactly the same. Target PRETENDS that it's better, but it's not.

I am a consumer. I choose to not give a damn about company policy (as long as nothing illegal is involved, and even then, I may not care), and instead I care about whether or not it is worth my time to shop at either Wal-Mart or Target. While I would not normally shop at Wal-Mart or Target, if I need to, I prefer the place with a wider selection - especially those ones with the expanded grocer's section - because I would rather get everything in one place, rather than going to two or three stores. That the prices are cheap - well, an added bonus.

In effect, I care about my benefits much more than I would ever care about a so-called "horrible" company policy.

And the truth is, pretty much every other American consumer out there agrees with me.

Personally, I applaud Wal-Mart for refusing Unionization.

There is nothing more sinister and filthy in this country these days than the Union. They have outlived their practicality - indeed, government regulations prevent most injustices - and do nothing but hurt the American economy. Even worse, they get involved with politics and lie through their teeth every election season about how soandso politician is "hurting" the nurses, teachers and firemen of the state. It's disgusting, and frankly, ridiculous. They are bullies to their own members, and with the exception of the few industries who still need Unions, I could not be happier than if they were eradicated from our society.

Anyway, I agree. Wal-Mart has gone downhill since Sam's death. There's no denying that. But hell if I'll choose Target over it. Target isn't superior in any way that could benefit the consumer.

#16 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

ASDA.

#17 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:58 PM

there are at least 3 walmarts and 3 targets within 10-20 minutes drive of me O_o

1 of each is a super one O_o

I can't say which store i'm for, target is genrally cleaner and nicer looking, but walmart has better prices

#18 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

Target, don't have any wallmarts here.

#19 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:12 AM

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Do you not read, man!

The quality of the products and the selection available are two completely different things.

#20 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:33 AM

The quality of the products and the selection available are two completely different things.

Yes, but given that the quality is identical, it is a moot point, and selection is therefore the deciding factor.

You obviously are not adept at Casillanese. This troubled development should be remedied, post haste!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users